Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Unnatural law, natural law, and supernal law. What are the difference      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kohavah
Msg: 1
Unnatural law, natural law, and supernal law. What are the differences?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I am attempting to comprehend if anyone understands the differences between un natural law, natural law, and supernal/supernatural law. Because I am trying to strengthen my understanding of these various concepts, I desire to see things from others points of view, on these various laws. Also, in what type of a situations would each law, be justified, serve a correct purpose and be justified... and, in what type of situations would each law, not be justified, or serve a correct or justified purpose?

Kohavah
 JustDukky
Msg: 2
Unnatural law, natural law, and supernal law. What are the differences?
Posted: 2/3/2010 2:31:51 PM
I would say that since we are natural entities, living in nature (by that I mean the natural universe), that only natural law would even exist as far as we are concerned.

"unnatural law" or "supernatural law" would be laws that are unnatural, or at least not existing within the domain of nature and therefore would be inapplicable to the natural world.
 AppleGeek
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/3/2010 2:52:55 PM
I've never heard of unnatural law or supernal law so I couldn't compare them.
 JustDukky
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/3/2010 5:33:50 PM
@ Paul

<div class="quote">Does a person born of fertilized egg than was then implanted, qualify as a natural entity, as there is nothing natural at all about the way they came to be?
The kid could be created in a vat for all I care. He's part of the natural universe and therefore "natural"

Geeze...That was a pretty civil question. I think that earns you a beer on me!...
 Super_Eve
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/3/2010 5:48:10 PM
I want a T-shirt that says, "I survived all deliberations between Pk and JD".
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2010 6:05:31 PM
Natural Law is when somebody takes my last and I hunt him down and make the SOB give me another one.

Unnatural law is when someone steals a and I call the police. After waiting for two hours, they show up, turn my house upside down looking for clues, take the rest my beer as evidence and then tell me the case is unsolvable. After I get upset, they charge me with disorderly conduct.

Supernatural Law is when some someone takes my and I scream "Karma's a beeotch and will hunt you down". The next day a tree falls on their car.
 Super_Eve
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/3/2010 6:36:48 PM
@ Paul k

I will take two, if you don't mind, in medium. I want a spare, in case the other one, gets dirty...
 Super_Eve
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/3/2010 6:48:27 PM
In that case I want several, in various sizes...all signed, and I want the basis of per capita, to be equally distributed.

I am totally taking advantage, of your good will, at the moment!

I need an address...

You are the one, with the email filters...
 Super_Eve
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/3/2010 7:08:21 PM
Damn it! You had to go, and call me on my bluff!

I would give them away for free...

Thank you, Paul,

Oh! Can I have thirteen then? Depending on the gross?
 Island home
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/3/2010 8:50:19 PM
The Laws I know are (as much as I know any thing)
Natural law
(Such as cause and effect. Not laws that mankind has made, but laws that mankind may recognise. Not always correctly)

Legal Law
( the laws society has made. Not necessarily agreed to by every one)

Supernatural law
(To me is mired in belief, ignorance and wishful thinking. Often presented to others or ones self as fact. When ignorance becomes knowledge it would become natural law.)

I would say that one Natural law, is that mankind requires belief/faith to be able to function.
This faith can be as simple as believing that tomorrow will have value or that what they believe to be true, is.
This need leaves mankind vulnerable to religions often started with the best of intentions. But the fact that they mask reality lends them to being misdirected.

Edit
Oh yeah
Un-Natural law I dont believe exist other than as a construct of mankind. Possibly a way of labeling some thing that is unpalatable to someone
 Island home
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/4/2010 10:20:49 AM
There is another type of law as well

Personal Law
(The laws we create for ourselves to live by)
We create them and we can recreate them as our understanding of "what is" changes.

We may not be aware of them but they are intrinsic in our thinking
 symstir1960
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/4/2010 11:02:09 AM
"I've never heard of unnatural law or supernal law so I couldn't compare them."

Indeed, the OP is a load of tinfoil crap. Welcome to the moonbat brigade!

White western societies (in particular the UK/USA) have created a legal/moral structure based on naturual law (rights granted by God).

The constitution is a confirmation/protection of those concepts; and has been largely upheld over the centuries, if not expanded.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Unnatural law, natural law, and supernal law. What are the differences?