Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Trust in Obama's Words Going Down      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Outdoor2
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Trust in Obama's Words Going DownPage 1 of 1    
Most (53%) say it has not happened...

Well...DUH....tax day is 2+months away....how many people have done their taxes?

Seventy-five percent (75%) of Republican voters say their party’s representatives are out of touch with the party’s base.

Why am I surprised that you didn't put that in bold?

On all the points raised in the president’s speech, there is a huge partisan divide.

Yea...the POTUS is a marionette for the unelected rulers of the land for a long time. They like it this way...2 parties, 1 people = divide and conquer.
When one is a huge fan of polls and statistics, one should always remember...

There are lies, there are damn lies, and statistics...

Edit:

Most reasonable people....

Exactly....
 cotter
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Trust in Obama's Words Going Down
Posted: 2/28/2010 5:26:39 AM

Its looking like more and more people, including Democrats have grown skeptical of both their political leaders and big business.
Imagine that ... Democrats (people who apparently get dressed and go through life the same as all other people) also share in skepticism.

Without all that data in the polls, I never would have seen it coming.

OP ... thank you for pointing that all out to us.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2010 7:28:39 PM
Well once again your fixated on what 1000 polled people said,1000 people speaking for 169,000,000 registered voters,you will never learn those 1000 are not an accurate view.Have you ever heard of politifact the Pulizter prize winning site awarded for accuraccy of facts of who said what and how it really is.As for just your first one where Obama lied that he had not cut taxes for 95% of working people,your absolutely wrong.Your more interested in feelings of 1000 people than an actual fact.Heres his words ""We cut taxes for 95 percent of working families." and as for "working " being the key word,its 100% true.

You put all your stock in what 1/270th of 1% of the registered voters feel,that being the really important part,feelings,not fact,but feelings of 1/270th of 1%,pathetic as proof.

Always remember one thing,mega corporations ,republicans and lobbyists adore you,they talk over drinks after work about a phenomenon that all it takes is 1000 people to change the facts for everyone thats looking rather itching for any scrap to belittle a president they hated from day one.I imagine in a year we will be reading hate threads that his underwear goes against the likings of 67% of the Americas.

As some polls go they only poll 500,when you,as you just did yesterday, show 7 polls, its talking to only 9000,which is 1/30th of 1% of 169,000,000.Last time I told you this ,you came defiantly back that we had a poll that showed he looked good so thats your basis for supporting this trace amount talked to as your basis for trust of these polls.I think both sides are idiots for listening to an average amounting to 1/30th of 1% of all registered voters.
 CallmeKen
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/28/2010 5:10:14 PM

you will never learn those 1000 are not an accurate view.

It's strange that when the polls support what we believe in, they are God's honest truth, but when they support another position, they are pathetic.

According to Gallup (http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx), President Obama's second year approval rating (46-48%) is in line with Presidents Nixon (54%), Carter (49%), Reagan (46%), and Clinton (51%). In other words, Obama is proving so far to be an average President. He is a little less liked because of the healthcare mandate (I refuse to call it reform.), but average nonetheless.

His reelection in 2012 will depend, I believe, not on healthcare (which is a political bomb set to go off in 2014), but on the job rate. If it stays above 9%, and if the Republicans can put forth a candidate younger than dirt (No offense to Senator McCain), expect Obama to go down as about as well liked as Carter was.

That's my prediction, and you may hold me to it. I have my fork ready to eat crow if need be.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2010 2:49:35 PM
first off you replied to a post where the last post is 5 months old and its a post of Obamas approval rating for his second year.Thats kind of a hard thing to do,rate his second year,when the poll is 3 months into the start of his second year.

Check up also on your impeached facts.

Lets also understand that when he was voted in as president he had like a 51% or 52% and McCain had like a 47%.So I don't see this amazing drop.I know at the moment all the ones that oppose freedom of religion and freedom to have a place to practice there religion are dropping out of the ranks of Obama popularity,republican and democrat and independents,but as far as I am concerned disallowing a church to be anywhere in NY is a cry solely from racists.

Whats in the 2 block radius of ground zero,A track betting business,2 strip joints and I forget the 4th business in the same league as gambling and sex houses,so somehow we are to be alarmed by a church,somehow according to the racists ,Muslim is a no no.

Only a racist would say that,so right now even Harry Reid is against Obama on that,that effects ratings.

Thank BP and federal investigators of oil wells,they played into it too.I'm not one for the buck stops here crap,if a Private or Sargent caused the problem the Private or Sargent should get the blame unless someone higher ordered it.

Even with Bush and Katrina,FEMA was solely to blame in the first week,they swwore it was covered,they lied through their teeth,ultimately the Corp of Engineers were solely to blame for the dike problem collapsing in a cat 2 storm.Bush was responsible for other aspects,Put blame on the one that's responsible.

Polls often reflect the one that had nothing to do with the problem,For Bush and other leaders too.Blame the ones responsible,not a blanket blame for everything under ones watch.

You want to blame those responsible for ground zero,they were Saudi's.Blame those men,not the country,certainly not the religion the criminals belonged too.

I hate organized religion,but our country says its a freedom to worship,so as far as I am concerned ground zero itself can be a place to build a church if someone wants too.Racists.Heck put up a Krishna palace there,what the difference.
 CallmeKen
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/5/2010 3:32:22 PM

Why can't you republicans act like semi-normal humans? Instead of petulant school children throwing a temper tantrum.

When Democrats take responsibility for their actions. Tell me, if you burn your toast in the morning, do you blame Bush or Cheney?

Did you protest the war? Did you write your Congressman? Did you do anything at all to participate in the process besides clicking the "all Democrats" lever at the voting booth? Did you even vote? Venting on Bush doesn't impress me.

As for impeachment, it's become just a game for an opposing party to smear a popular President in the 24-hour news cycle. Getting a blow job and lying about it is hardly what I call "high crimes and treason."
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2010 4:25:43 PM

When Democrats take responsibility for their actions. Tell me, if you burn your toast in the morning, do you blame Bush or Cheney?
Thats the funny thing from the republicans point of view, they act like Obama has done something wrong.All I have seen is Obama improve everything beyond the Bush/Cheney regime.Economists state if change had not happened and the imminent depression happened then the 9-10 % unemployment now would look wonderful compared to 20 plus percent unemployment we were to have.People would have to be really out of touch with what the economy had been doing to not know we were on the brink of a depression,half the country got that and understood it,yet almost unanimous the republicans seem to think otherwise,some even say what has happened now was the economy healing its self,what a miracle,which of course is how they headed us to the brink in the first place,this type of logic,the same logic now in the Gulf that since we have not figured out how to stop an oil leak or clean it up,or pay the thousands that lost their livelhoods and never will be the small percentage of those to receive payments,the republicans think we need even less restrictions now and drill baby drill,good thinking guys,and watch next spill your blame will be elsewhere,in fact any where but on the oil industry .Either they are really dense,or don't care,or there motives were for some other grand reason,or they are in cahoots with the large corporations.

Did you protest the war? Did you write your Congressman? Did you do anything at all to participate in the process besides clicking the "all Democrats" lever at the voting booth? Did you even vote? Venting on Bush doesn't impress me.
Yes protested loud and clear,until the day we went,then I supported the troops,still do support the troops,even though Iraq and Afghanistan is a giant waste of lives and money.We made no difference in that country of Iraq,none at all,we only killed off 200,000 people ,many civilians,had our kids killed and spent a trillion,and look they haven't even a government,good work.........no,no ,it was not worth it.But hey,now we probably have yet another base there.Obama also protested the war he inherited,and then lived up to his word and got out the combat troops.

Did I write my congressman,why,Congress is a waste of time,throw them all out and put in some new ones,pass the Moo Shoo Pork please,bunch of high paid do nothing people,bought off by the highest bidders.

Those that voted for Democratic ways are doing something,they are fighting you at every juncture,you the ones we ran out of town because you had no idea of how to run a country,

Even when Obama said "republican",rather than just say my way won't work,with my health care plan,show me what will work.A week later the republicans came back with lets start with a blank page,so one year they still had no better plan.Republicans have been more noise and roadblock than help.Now we have the no leader,no shared philosophy tea party making tons of noise,I have not heard anything but torches burning from them,and these folks scream less government but when a spill happens,now its we need more government,why aren't they doing more.Wow talk about fickle,no I'm on this side of the fence,no this side,no maybe this side.At least Obama came to the table with a plan and is sticking to the plan.He's making constant slow and steady progress.

Let me see,when the depression happened in 1935 it was a slow hard road till the war in 1941.I didn't see the country turn around in one year nor 2 years.You "need to have it now" people have no idea how long it takes to put a country on its feet again.So rather than the tea party and the republicans placing burning roadblocks at every juncture they might want to help,perhaps their goal is, to double the recovery time,that seems to be the republicans in the Senate and Congresses plan.

Isn't it time for them to do another filibuster before yet another month long break.....where is that martini and moo shoo pork the congressman ordered,waiter!waiter!
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Trust in Obama's Words Going Down