Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Single? On Valentines Day      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Molly Maude
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Single? On Valentines DayPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
LAST Valentine's Day ... I'd just had a budding relationship crash and burn ... AFTER I'd bot some pricy tickets for us to take a 3-hour cruise on an antique sailing ship!

SOOO ... I took the only single female friend I knew at that time ... she and I rode the bus together to the coast ... took that 3-hour cruise ... had lunch overlooking Morrow Bay ... rode the bus back to our town ... and ... all in all ... had a GREAT TIME!

not exactly the romantic trip that I'd originally planned ... but I DIDN'T waste the money I'd spent on those tickets by sitting home and feeling sorry for me ... and my single friend said she was glad not to have sat home alone, too ...

don't know what I'll do to top that this Valentine's Day ... maybe I'll take myself skiing! there's a new restaurant I've been wanting to try! or maybe I'll have a candle-lit meal for one ...

I'm such a romantic devil! ... ... ... ...
 RK831
Msg: 5
Single? On Valentines Day
Posted: 2/10/2010 7:15:49 PM

There's always Craigs List. Just saying. Happy VD.

Very, very clever.
 matchlight
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2010 7:51:19 PM

Might even get me a blow up doll, you know the really good kind

You know you're in trouble when you've given her a name. "Ship's log, Cousteau. Ten days into a difficult voyage, the men have grown tense and surly. Surely it was my mistake to permit Falco to bring aboard the "Rubber Woman." Last night, after too much cognac, one of the newer divers stood up and challenged Falco for "Angelique." There was much terrible language, fists flew, and a knife was pulled. Had I not intervened, who knows? We reach Tripoli tomorrow, grace a Dieu--and there this diver will leave Calypso."
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2010 11:32:57 AM
Girls love humor.....If you go to a bar.....do or wear something humorus and ask women to dance.....You will have a great time....Don't go to pick up someone....just have a great time without getting drunk.....Women love humor, respect, dancing, integrity,intelligence, motivation to better themselves.
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2010 11:35:26 AM
Personally, I am going to a POF party and I will strategically look for my blow up lips....that ought to be a good conversation piece when I dance....
 matchlight
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Or there is plan B
Posted: 2/13/2010 11:59:50 PM
Just got back from a big dinner with bunch of people in Chinatown, including a stroll around the back alleys and a little tour of the Buddhist temple. I wanted to stay for the lion and dragon dances, but I'll catch them next year.
 E_Squared817
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Or there is plan B
Posted: 2/14/2010 7:25:33 AM
Probably nothing. Honestly, I have never been with anybody around this time. I still remember what I did last year: Stayed home and watched a couple of action movies. I might do that today. I'm not bitter by any means. Nothing new for me.
 Ailinn
Msg: 14
view profile
History
By the time I finish reading all the post I forgot what the original topic was--................
Posted: 2/14/2010 6:18:25 PM
Something about what to do on Valentines day if you are not in a relationship. Or if you are feeling lonely about "not being in a relationship".
I read several good responses. I agree that the Holiday can be celebrated with any/all Loved ones......
But if we are talking about being without a Romantic Relationship...be thankful that this is one Holiday you don't have to spend money.....
Oh and don't forget about the other Holiday "Sweetest Day"........
Hallmark....gotta hand it to them
All the Best,
Ailinn
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 15
view profile
History
as it turned out...
Posted: 2/15/2010 8:27:15 AM
Well I got to the restaurant bar too early but the olympics were on so that was good for a while. After I ate, not much had changed as far as the amount of singles so I logged on here and posted, then went to my desert campsite and went to bed early.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Another date not remembered.....
Posted: 2/15/2010 12:11:00 PM
a good thing about being single and not dating ... and being unemployed as WELL! is that I got to wear my jammies all day and try to get rid of this blasted cold before hitting the job search with a gusto on Tuesday ... was all geared up to go this morning and realized it's another holiday!
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Another date not remembered.....
Posted: 2/15/2010 1:00:27 PM
Actually for me the best day was Saturday. My brother and SIL had a send off party for my nephew who inlisted in the NAVY as a nuclear systems tech. There were about 30 people there including my brothers and their families. I got there early with my middle son and helped my brother in the kitchen, stayed and helped clean up and then went with my son and nephew to a late showing of Avatar in 3D.

On V-Day we drove back to Bishop where I am staying for a few days to try to make some progress in fixing my truck that is being stored here.

Right now I'm just sitting in a coffee shop waiting for a good friend to come by that is helping me with my truck. At least my laptop is working good enough to not try my patience too much :-D
 matchlight
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 9:11:34 PM
^^^^^Now you've got me thinking about chocolate, and it's hard to get it out of my mind. That dark stuff, with the 70% cocoa butter, with the toasted almonds in it . . . the English toffee . . . the truffles . . . the chocolate mousse . . . the hot fudge sundaes . . .
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 9:45:30 PM
Chocolate desires are as catchy as yawns but not the same in the desire level :-D
 Rythmn
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2010 12:15:38 AM
actually you should focus on the day AFTER valentine's day! that's when all the chocolate goes down to half price!
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Single? On Valentines Day