Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Do Deja Vu expereinces and M Theory have any relationship. ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stargazer1000
Msg: 2
Do Deja Vu expereinces and M Theory have any relationship. ?Page 1 of 1    
More likely that deja vu has more to do with misfiring neurons.
 nexthyme
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Do Deja Vu expereinces and M Theory have any relationship. ?
Posted: 2/12/2010 9:46:48 PM
Truth is we really don't know, the M theory, or string theory have not been proven thus they are just a theory...

Deja Vu is something that is personal to the person who has the experience, and there is no way for science to analyze or replicate the experience, let alone be able to find if there is a corrolation to a theory they have no proof of existing...

With the M theory it doesn't mean that the same things has happened in that parallel so perhaps this thread will have already been deleted, and in another it will get real genuine knowledgable replies...

That is a guess...
 stargazer1000
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/12/2010 9:54:37 PM

the M theory, or string theory have not been proven thus they are just a theory...

Oops...there's that "just a theory" phrase again.

There is no such thing as "just a theory." A theory is a framework. M-Theory is based on a mathematical framework. The next phase is to find observational evidence that either confirms or falsifies the theory. However, it is a long ways from what the use of the phrase "just a theory" is meant to signify which is "hypothesis."
 Worbug
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2010 11:04:22 PM
To quote Yogy Bera

"It's Deja Vu all over again"

nexthyme
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 1:46:58 PM
I've had a few experience where I was NOT asleep...

One that seemed particularly weird was in 2004, I was visiting my parents, and looking at these geneology papers... I was rather annoyed my mom got my oldest daughters birth day wrong, as well misspelled my 2nd daughters name...

I didn't say anything, because that night there was a weird happening in the sky that had the whole area of Yakima wa calling 911 about the lights in the sky... A notice on the TV banner was to stop calling 911 it was army practice... Oddly there isn't an air strip at the firing range, but what ever...

In 2009 I was talking to my mother and she was all jazzed that her brother finally gave her the geneology papers... I told her of my irritation of my oldest daughters bday being wrong, and the misspelling of my 2n daughters name...

She went quiet, then asked how did I know they were incorrect, I told her I seen the papers that were in her extra room.... My mom said that isn't possible this is the very first time I have gotten these papers, and I never have had them before...

I can't argue the fact of what I seen, because I was correct, but she was very sure that this was the first time she had the papers, and had NEVER had them before...

We could say well maybe she just doesn't remember having the papers, however I did know it was a running issue that she had between her and her brother for a long time... I personally had assumed it was papers she had herself, which she said no, didn't have any papers like that...

M theory, string theory, what ever it was, it was strange, and something that wasn't a first time occurance...

If anyone wants to pin me down to something, all I can say is I know it happened, and don't know anything past that...
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Do Deja Vu expereinces and M Theory have any relationship. ?