Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > are family law courts sexist      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BchBumDad
Msg: 7
are family law courts sexistPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
The courts are changing... I have custody of my boys because the courts ruled that after all the evedince that I was the more fit parent...... Most of my guy friends either have custody of at the least 50/50 joint custody...
 dontbanurse
Msg: 9
are family law courts sexist
Posted: 7/14/2005 6:28:22 PM
I think that it is wonderful that the courts are recognizing that fathers can be as nurturing as women have been steryotyped to be in the past. I also think it ironic that in this male oriented world the one area that is matriarchal in nature is now under attack by men!
I don't condone sexism at any level none the less. Therefore I must recognize the prejudice.
 K1D0
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/15/2005 1:39:13 PM
omfg yopur all dumb the reason the curts give every thing to the mother is the fact the baby bonds with the mother faster and well who the hell doesn't want there mommy come on get real people but all and all the curt can suck a fat one and no one ever lives the high life becuse u have people that don't pay and wont pay they go to jail and u get shit so whos to blame there maybe its the mother for going after the man who hasn;t had a job in 12 years or what not lifes a **** plane and simple have a fycking beer and shut up
 KAT4EVR
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2005 6:14:35 PM
Well, what a topic. I was working for a lawyer who got custody for a father of two lovely children. Their mother was a woman from Hell. He is disabled but a good , caring father with a family that is supportive of him and his wishes. The mother on the other hand took the kid's birthday money to buy an air conditioner for her among other things. The Court, and I happen to know the Judge (female) in its wisdom, gave custody to the father. So, those of you who think that just because women have been the ones to get custody in the past, only because of gender, had better start thinking differently. If you screw up and treat your children like so much property, the Court will not see it your way. The sole and I mean sole determining factor is the welfare and wellbeing of the children. so if you want to be a "deadbeat" it doesn't matter how you dress, whether in pants or a skirt, you will not be the guardian and protector of the kids. AND IT IS ABOUT TIME. So just be the best you can for your kids and they will love you for it. I know, I am a single mom who has been through a lot to keep my kids safe and secure. The last one is now 17 and pretty darn good, if I do say so. Her father, on the other hand, quit being "Dad" a long time ago, so sad for him. My father walked my other daughter down the aisle and I got to dance with her in the Mother/daughter dance at the reception. Not a dry eye in the place.
 Zbeta
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/17/2005 9:31:49 PM
I have my children and have spent my fair share of time in the court system.

In my opinion, it is not the courts that are sexist, but the judges through their political alliances. If you are a man do not see a lawyer who is a member of the ****** party and if a judge from that party is ruling when you are in chambers, have it adjourned if possible.

Good luck to all and remember in most cases the kids are better off with Mom, and a judge is always making a safe decision siding with Mom. Its kind of like a CEO choosing Microsoft over Linux.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > are family law courts sexist