Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Dance lands teachers in trouble      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SmartAlec
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Dance lands teachers in troublePage 1 of 1    
way too juvenile! they should know better... the students interviewed certainly knew better
 TooShadows
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Dance lands teachers in trouble
Posted: 2/25/2010 5:30:25 AM
Gosh,why couldn't my teachers act like this? Most teachers are way too uptight. Okay,a slap on the wrist would be sufficient,in my opinion.
 haywiresue
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/25/2010 9:05:48 AM
IMO the two teachers were totally inappropriate by their actions. It was hard to believe that adults would conduct themselves in that fashion in front of minors. Where were the principal/s or other teachers who might have viewed this and could have stopped this when it happened? After listening to the news, all the teachers were on the floor in some kind of dance competition. My question is why didnt anyone do something?

I don't believe they should be dismissed/fired, but there needs to be some kind of financial punishment. However teachers outside of private schools are unionized so there is probably some kind of loop hole available to the union/association to protect the teachers positions.

As an adult, and someone who has worked with children in other areas, I am embarrassed by these teachers actions. I think their behaviour speaks volumes about their professionalism, morals and respect for themselves, other teachers and the students.

They definitely knew better.........................
 susan_cd
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/25/2010 9:51:52 AM
Totally inappropriate. During the course of their training to become teachers I'm sure the instructors covered ( or should have covered )what was appropriate & inappropriate behaviour.

Tho I guess if the teachers can show that proper conduct wasn't covered or stressed, they can claim they "fell thru the cracks in the system"... which is the PC code phrase for "no one is really to blame so no one will be held accountable".

Heck, it worked for poor Brian Sinclair when he was ignored in the HSC ER & died after waiting over 34 hours. The hospital investigation decided he had "fallen through the cracks in the system, and no one individual at the hospital was at fault".

I'm sorry, but if there IS a system in place it was designed by someone ( who probably got huge $$$ from the WRHA for their 'expertise" ). If the system had cracks then the person who designed the system is atfault & should be held accountable.
 susan_cd
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/27/2010 11:24:42 AM

Why waste a good teacher or two over a laps in judgment if they now know better?

There is a movement afoot to add "pole dancing" to the summer olympics ( seriously)

Maybe these teachers were just a bit ahead of their time, & were demonstrating part of the freestyle component of the pole dancing event
 SmartAlec
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2010 5:40:35 PM
No I don't think they should lose jobs over this incident but a reprimand might be in order. Lapse in judgment is bit of an understatement though.
 quickstop
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2010 1:15:44 PM
I think the teachers were just trying to be on the same level as alot of the grade 12 students are. They were acting alot like a grade 12 student. Yes inappropriate.... but should only be suspended without pay for a week or so. Everyone makes mistakes and I don't think they were trying to be dirty. I have heard even worse stories about teachers...maybe they should be put on youtube~

The teacher are only people.... give them a break... live and learn.... they probably won't be doing that again.... especially in public!
 susan_cd
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/1/2010 1:34:25 PM

Whoever reported this video should be suspended from school and the reporter should be charged!

Suspended for what? If it was harmless ( as you seem to think) then why should someone get suspended for reporting it???

And what would the reporter get charged with? The video was uploaded to youtube. Are you suggesting reporters should only report things they see with their own eye?

Btw the video was recorded by a grade 9 student, so it wasn't just grade 12 students seeing the dance.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Dance lands teachers in trouble