Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Honesty Please.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Roujin
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Honesty Please.Page 1 of 1    
I know my profile probably comes off screaming "Geek" but other than that any thing I could do to improve upon it? I know I could use a few more photos but its kinda hard with just my cell to take pictures. Alright enough gabbing, Rate away!
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 2
Honesty Please.
Posted: 2/27/2010 7:18:00 AM
^^^What Lynette said.

But "geek" can be endearing (Big Bang Theory), scary (Unibomber), or just off putting (the guys that played Magic The Gathering every lunch). You don't show a guy that is endearing or scary. I'm an old guy, so this may be a generational thing, but listing a song called "Snuff" by a band called "Slipknot" on a dating profile just seems like a really, really bad idea to me.
 scout247
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Honesty Please.
Posted: 2/27/2010 7:29:34 AM
I totally agree with lynetteinaz. One pic seems to show you in a bathroom? Really? Why would you post a picture of yourself there? The other pic has as its main feature, your nostrils. You need some better pics!
 Roujin
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Honesty Please.
Posted: 2/28/2010 5:10:08 AM
Yea the lighting in the bathroom is the best in my house, probably should get an outdoor one but mainly the bathroom has a big mirror to help see what the pic will look like though the camera.

Thxs for the info so far will take more pics and probably keep upgrading my profile.
 You go first
Msg: 5
Honesty Please.
Posted: 2/28/2010 3:13:18 PM
Yeah, do the pictures.

There are a few things I'd wonder if I were 30 years younger and looking at your profile.

What are you studying?
Do you have your own place?
Do you have any outdoor activities you could share with a partner?
If you 'wanna' be a writer, don't you think you could clean up the slang?

You seem to be heavily into the fantasy/sci-fi/goth stuff that is so cool with teenage boys right now. Other than Dancing, is there anything else you can think of that may be female-friendly? It's hard to imagine having an adult conversation, much less relationship, with someone who is so focused on fantasy and make-believe. Maybe there are girls out there that also spend all their time indoors in front of computers, who knows.

I think for you the key is to channel your inner writer and write a picture that will inspire your viewer to WANT to meet you. What do you offer? Don't just say "I'm funny" or "I'm a nice guy". Prove it. I'm sure you can do better than this version.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Honesty Please.