Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Whiney Bitch or Not      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 2
Whiney Bitch or NotPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Yup, whiney ****.

But more importantly, how is this news? Look at the headline: Woman with peanut allergy forced to take another flight. Seriously? Some woman was inconvenienced for a few hours and that merits a news story?
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 4
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/1/2010 2:26:10 PM
For starters, given how many people do have peanut allergies, I'm actually surprised when I'm on a flight that still serves them.

If this woman's allergy is so severe that she can't even be within a foot of peanuts then she'd already be dead because there's no way she never walks past someone who just ate a peanut better and jelly sandwich.

I can't believe she had the gall to make such a request. I can't even bring myself to ask for an extra blanket.
 Casper66
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/1/2010 2:34:19 PM
I understand if you have allergies to try and take precautions, but it was her personal responsiblity to make arrangements before hand not the airline and other passengers to accomodate her later. I'm glad the airline made her take another flight, people who think they can whine and cry to get their own way drive me crazy. Just another one that thinks the world revolves around them and their needs and wants.
 english lass
Msg: 7
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/1/2010 2:41:26 PM
i think that she should have checked with the flight beforehand, to see if they could accommodate her; just as anyone with any type of special needs might find it useful to inquire to see if their service is accessible to their particular requirements

however, i do think that the airline could have tried to help by perhaps moving her to a seat with empty seats around her if possible, to try to help her avoid being affected by the peanuts...

i know at my kids' schools they're not allowed to take anything containing peanuts/peanut derivatives because of the possibility of peanut allergies within other students, so maybe it's time airlines considered providing other types of snacks too...

i'm not sure that i'd classify her as a whiney biotch, after all a potentially life-threatening allergy is different than her not liking the fabric of the seating or packaging of the silver-wear, etc....

4408joseph
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/1/2010 2:59:48 PM
Okay I might get some hate mail from this.

If she needed to stay on the flight coming out of mexico that bad, couldn't she have been placed where the landing gear retracts with the illegals???
 barbee1970
Msg: 9
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/1/2010 3:12:28 PM
Whiney and probably lawsuit happy. Some people think the worlds revolves around them, much like a guy who met up with me knowing I had pets. Said pets would have to be kept outside.
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/1/2010 4:32:36 PM
I agree that that was a little over board!
I usually carry almonds with me all the time and whenever I pull them out , say I'm on a bus, I feel like I should be asking the people around me if they are allergic to nuts!

So if they're allergic to peanuts, they're allergic to every nut yes?
 JWG86
Msg: 15
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/1/2010 5:34:22 PM
Juliane Braren, who has taken about 50 flights in her lifetime, said she has always asked the attendants on her flights not to serve peanuts because she has had a severe allergy since birth.

But the Mexicana flight crew wouldn't change the snack menu and asked her to take a different flight, she said.

"It makes me very angry — very, very angry," she said. "It actually hurts me. It hurts me that people could be so insensitive and just not care about other people."

Yep, one dumb ****. Case closed. These 3 paragraphs sum it all up. 1 ****. dozens of other passengers. Dumb **** doesn't get its way, everyone ELSE is being selfish.

Intelligence fail.

No, I won't edit my post. If it can stand in the title, it should stand in the post. Everyone knows I meant B*TCH anyways. Meh. On top of intelligence fail, censorship fail as well.
 yna6
Msg: 17
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/1/2010 7:23:52 PM
Yeah...trust CBC to make a news story out of another non-issue.
This peanut allergy crap has been blown way out of proportion. We used to take PB sandwiches to school. Never heard of anyone having an allergy to peanuts. The kids who know they have an allergy just need to avoid trading lunches and such and they'll be fine.
Since when does gov't or schools or anyone else decide to dictate what we will eat and what we will not?
About time someone took a stance against this crap. Starting with airlines! I wanna eat peanuts! You allergic? Fine...I'll eat yours too! You can go sit at the back of the plane if you're all that worried about your precious allergies.
 normaldude
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/1/2010 7:45:22 PM
remember the good old days?? all these peanut people died off in early years of school!!! JUST KIDDING!!!!!!
I may be making myself sound old but i dont remember ANYONE in the entire time I went to school with any allergy like this? Now it seems they are everywhere? There was an article on the web saying society has manufactured lethal allergy reactions by completely isolating every molecule of nuts from these people. A study was done where slow measured doses were given increasing the amounts slowly and shazam! Some were cured and some built up a manageable tolerance! So did our rush to protect everyone from everthing create these hyper sensitive peanut people?
Remember all the people all over the media with super sensitivity to almost all chemicals?? Insurance companys had to built them special "clean homes" so they could survive..... I think that guy from 20/20 did a setup show and had some of the sensitive types move into a fake "clean home" and...... nobody had a reaction.....all in their heads or psycho sematic(sp)?
 nipoleon
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/1/2010 8:26:47 PM

Juliane Braren, who has taken about 50 flights in her lifetime, said she has always asked the attendants on her flights not to serve peanuts because she has had a severe allergy since birth.

I'm supposing that on all of those 50 flights, they bowed to her request and didn't serve any peants ?

"It makes me very angry — very, very angry," she said. "It actually hurts me. It hurts me that people could be so insensitive and just not care about other people."

It hurts me to think this one person would deny the other 120 or so people their peanuts.
She's the one who doesn't care about other people.

This sort of thing shouldn't be taken lightly.
This is how social movements get started.

At what point does a personal inconvenience become a public policy ?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 21
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/1/2010 8:31:02 PM
The woman is from Calgary. I don't even remember the last time I got peanuts on a Canadian flight. Our airlines bowed to the pressure well over a decade ago (not to mention that what they serve now is definitely cheaper). So you can fly Canadian airlines over 50 times and never see peanuts.

But making a news story over the fact that she had to miss a flight over the issue is pretty strange. I'm sure it will also be a story in the papers here tomorrow. Or next week here in our crappy papers.
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 22
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/1/2010 9:29:16 PM
They should duck-tape her on the wing, where she would get fresh air throughout the flight.
Fresh air is known to reduce allergic bioching - hissing fits.
 daynadaze
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Whiny Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/1/2010 11:18:46 PM
Whiny, it's her job to alert the airline and find out how it can be handled, etc. Sounds like someone who likes to cause a stir to get attention.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 24
Whiny Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/2/2010 12:39:45 AM
all of Canada ought to get together and form a class action law suit against her, she is giving your country a bad name, hit her with defemation of character, monetary compensation to every Canadian that is offended by her stupidity.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Whiny Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/2/2010 4:05:53 AM

all of Canada ought to get together and form a class action law suit against her, she is giving your country a bad name, hit her with defemation of character, monetary compensation to every Canadian that is offended by her stupidity.
Sorry... this is Canada. We don't sue for things such as this...

OP... I agree. The woman was out of line and should have addressed this at the time of ticket purchase, not at the time of the flight.
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Whiny Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/2/2010 6:17:01 AM

Sorry... this is Canada. We don't sue for things such as this...

That's awesome. I see some of the most ludicrous lawsuits from some of our American friends. That would make a good forum topic! :D

Hmmmmm, hamster in wheel beginning to run....
 Pyro74
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/5/2010 4:59:14 PM

Oh, it happens. My niece has a classmate who is severely allergic to basically everything that his classmates might have. The child has been carrying 3 epi-pens with him wherever he goes... last year he had an attack because he walked past a locker with a PB and J sandwich inside (given by a non-custodial dad who didn't know). Not only that, children in his class are not allowed to ingest peanut butter 24 hours before they come to school.

The same child is also allergic to seafood (no tuna sandwiches), eggs (no egg salad), strawberries, coconut, kiwi, oranges.... all together there are 27 different food allergies. My sister is having a heck of a time fixing healthy lunches that her daughter will be allowed to eat. He's also allergic to cats, dogs, dust, feathers, latex, etc. The final straw came when a letter came home to parents of all children in the school. As of now, the children are not to come to school after they have been in contact with a family pet. They were instructed to have a separate wardrobe for school, that is to be stored in air-tight containers and laundered in scent free detergent.

Wow. Seriously? If my child went to that school, I would try to get that kid removed. Can't even play with their own pet? BS
 Singleinlewistonidaho
Msg: 30
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/6/2010 12:08:03 PM
Her attitude that everyone else involved were the inconsiderate ones is appaling. Clearly she is the one who is in considerate. For me I might request but I'd understand if the request was not carried out as it means a lot of people won't have a snak over just one person. And it's a big deal if that is all they are serving.

Mike
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/6/2010 4:52:36 PM
Yup, Whiny, entitled b1tch. Wow! can you just see the results if these kinds of people had their way. Every airline ticket would cost $10,000.

I'm allergic to perfume.....opppssss, they have to give me a private flight. He's allergic to a particular soap....so, we have to ask everyone....did YOU use Dial this week....if so, private flight. Special flights for those who are allergic to hairspray, ohhhh, and some people are allergic to wool....so all those dressed in wool....have to wait!

I personally am allergic to gum snappers....the allergic reaction causes me to go bezerk and ram it up their noses....LOL! where's my private flight?
 My I
Msg: 33
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/6/2010 5:43:49 PM

If this woman's allergy is so severe that she can't even be within a foot of peanuts then she'd already be dead because there's no way she never walks past someone who just ate a peanut better and jelly sandwich.

I can't help but wonder if she travels alone?
I can just imagine how fun (sarcasm) travelling with her would be.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 34
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/6/2010 7:18:17 PM
Whiney ****, yes.

And BDJ is spot on about "bubble boy", too.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 38
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/7/2010 7:28:43 AM
I have severe reactions to badly behaved children, screaming babies and people with Tourettes or bad hygiene sitting near me.

Maybe they will book me private flights to cater to my exhausting needs and entitled special treatment.

If her allergy is so severe why would she even consider boarding an aircraft that peanuts were served on since cleaning does not get everything. I can't imagine every member of the cleaning staff is that dedicated to their job and the airline could have been worried she might come in contact with something that was already there.

What are your thoughts?

I think there are idiots in this world and the media tops the list for giving them so much attention.

I take peanuts and almonds everywhere, so I guess I would have been on the news as attempting to murder someone as I sat eating my nuts..
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/7/2010 10:17:13 AM
Peanut or tree nut allergies affect approximately 0.6% and 0.4% of Americans, respectively, and cause the most severe food-induced allergic reactions.

of that less than 1% who actually have an allergy to peanuts, The Mayo Clinic reports:

• A rash may occur where the skin is touched by peanut butter but a dangerous reaction will not result unless the peanut butter enters the mouth, nose, or eyes.
• The rash will get better when washed with soap and water, and when Benadryl® is given.
• Just smelling peanut butter will not cause an allergic reaction because there is no peanut proteinin an odor.
I did find another pamphlet that stated that perhaps up to 20% of those allergy sufferers (so, less than 1/25 of 1% of the entire population) MAY be affected by simply smelling or touching peanuts.

This is for the less informed but fully ignorant of simple consideration ..
we may be ignorant....but I truly have to question exactly which party here was the INCONSIDERATE one. I will grant you, that had I been on the flight...I would have certainly been willing to forgo my peanut snack to accommodate an allergy sufferer. HOWEVER, what do you do about another perhaps.....50 people on the plane who b1tch about not getting a snack.... make complaints, which takes time for airline personnel to respond to. (all of which adds up) It's NOT JUST the "peanut allergy" but the setting of a precedence. It absolves the minority from accepting responsibility of taking care of their own needs, in favor of forcing the majority to accommodate them....AND...there is NO END in sight! I think what people have tried to spell out here is NOT that us non peanut allergy folks are inconsiderate, but rather that SOME of the responsibility must fall onto the person with the "UNIQUE" need to do a little leg work on their own to accommodate their own needs. How difficult would it have been for this woman to simply ASK BEFORE booking the flight....what snack was being served? This is all the airline stated, that they required PRIOR notice before changing the "menu".

You have only to look at the example of the school which insists that no child in the building be allowed to carry a peanut butter sandwich in their lunch.....escalated to....

They were instructed to have a separate wardrobe for school, that is to be stored in air-tight containers and laundered in scent free detergent.
This is a pretty good example about what happens when some IS "considerate"....before too long, they (the poor person demanding consideration) expects the entire world to accommodate them, without regard to anything or anyone else.....and to get their DEMANDS met...they scream and cry and WHINE...."inconsiderate people".....when it is in fact more often THEY who are the ones being "inconsiderate"

I think that a vast MAJORITY of people still have enough sense to show some courtesy to those who are handicapped in any way (when they know about it) and certainly don't need the tantrums of who thinks the world must revolve around THEM simply because they DO have some sort of handicap to teach them about "courtesy and consideration". Having some sort of "ailment" does NOT give that person an EXEMPTION on having some consideration for others..... themselves!
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 40
Whiney Bitch or Not
Posted: 3/7/2010 10:26:06 AM

Miss Whiney Butt should be ordered to book her own private plane when she travels in stead of costing tax payers money for investigations of ridiculous complaints

Speaking of whiny...

She was delayed. She didn't cost anybody anything. The above is a perfect example of the same coin, just a different face. Peanut allergies can be very serious, we shouldn't minimize that. But all it meant was that she was delayed for a few hours. She pitched and moaned about it and it got picked up by the CBC.

But the whining here by others is at least as bad as her whining about having to take another flight.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Whiney Bitch or Not