Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Dating advice for someone who works full time overnight.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 2
Dating advice for someone who works full time overnight. Page 1 of 1    
I'm a workaholic too, and there are times of the year I work three jobs - one on call and a lot of work is in nightclubs and at late hours (that's always a big draw for boyfriends, lol). Right now I'm pursuing a BS in computer science so add full time school to that. Sometimes you either meet someone who's like you are and just as busy, someone who's laid back and doesn't get too upset about it or dating just doesn't end up high on the list.

It's all about how bad you want to date in proportion to how much time you have. If you want to date badly enough, you'll find the time. If you don't really have a lot of time and dating is something you think would be nice but isn't life or death - then maybe now's not the time for you. Enjoy life, have fun - don't worry about it so much.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 3
Dating advice for someone who works full time overnight.
Posted: 3/5/2010 9:21:42 AM
Let's say 17 hours/day are committed to work and sleep. That leaves 7 hours to do everything else that needs to be done. If a person can't find a few hours in that on a regular basis to spend with their SO, then they're either not really into the other person or they're not budgeting their time very well.

Your work hours do create somewhat of an obstacle and you'd be best-matched with someone who keeps similar hours, but even if you meet someone with an opposite schedule, there's no reason you can't spend plenty of time together as long as you're both willing to make an effort.
 happygal_28
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2010 4:19:40 PM
Dont get discouraged and give up - there is someone here who will fit your lifestyle as long as you keep looking AND take your time! There's no rush - you're looking for quality right? Thursdays is a pretty normal night to hang out and LOTS of people work "alternate" schedules. M-F 9-5 has gone the way of the dinosaur!

You sound like lately you havent been in the mood for dating (being sick and all). That's ok.Take a few minutes to really think about what it is you are looking for. Once you are clear in your own head, you's be surprised at how it materializes! It's weird!!
 Casper66
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2010 4:33:40 PM
OP I work 11 hour nightshifts, so I can relate to your problem, it's very difficult with work, sleeping during the day, getting housework/errands done, it leaves only limited time open to date. I have recently met someone who also works nightshifts, so he understands what it is like and we have being working it out, thou our schedules don't always work, just have to have patience.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/8/2011 3:08:51 PM
I work nights so feel your pain.

I find it a useful filter.
If someone wants to date me with my hours ....they must be serious.
LOL

If someone is interested, I make time on weekends to meet and date
Weekdays and nights we talk on the phone on breaks.
Mine or hers.

You're young so got time to ace this.
Take care of what you must do to get to where you want to be.
Don't bother thinking you're missing out.
Tons of guys about.
all over.
Can't throw a stapler in a crowded room without hitting one.
And if a guy likes you...they will adjust.

I think the guys that were harsh to you,
didn't really.
Your hours had nothing to do with it.

So smile and shine as you go about your day.
Best time to meet anyone.

good luck.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/13/2011 4:08:44 AM

OP~ Doesn't look like you have time for a man in your life. Which is it, a career or a man? Can't have both, successfully.

If that's true - why are so many men trying to pull it off? Technically it shouldn't be something they can manage either. I'll have to let them know their efforts are fruitless and that they should choose one and call it a day. Thanks for this information.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Dating advice for someone who works full time overnight.