Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Are there places it's not okay??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Connorkenney86
Msg: 1
Are there places it's not okay??Page 1 of 1    
Are there places where it's NEVER okay to hit on a girl?? I mean if I see a pretty lady I like to go up and talk to her.

Where do ladies go when they WANT to be approached? Is there a dress code for ladies who don't wanna be talked to?

I got the worst look the other day like, "oh my god why would you even talk to me right now". I would rather not experience that again...
 bucsgirl
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Are there places it's not okay??
Posted: 3/7/2010 5:31:53 PM
"I mean if I see a pretty lady I like to go up and talk to her."

Whoa, keep that up you could get hurt. Lots of pretty ladies have men, some have BIG men with no patience for you trying to slobber over their woman.

The best place to approach a woman who MAY be interested in talking with you is a social event for singles. Even that's not a guarantee, but there is no ideal hunting grounds for AVAILABLE pretty ladies.

Many women (at times myself included...ugh) get aggravated by some schmo bothering them while they're out and about trying to run some errands or just OUT and want to people watch or egad listen to some live music.
 Connorkenney86
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/7/2010 5:42:30 PM
And it's those times and those women I'm wanting to avoid. I'm definitely not trying to upset any of them I just like to flirt sometimes and want to know when it's a bad idea...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/7/2010 5:47:57 PM
I say with the exception of funerals and places where being overly friendly and upbeat might put people off, if you have the right skills, talking to anyone anywhere isn't a bad thing.

"Hitting" on women in general is a bad idea. Talk to them, listen to what they say, give them space to sniff you out and have no agenda, and read and respond only to body language you know means interest if/when it presents itself. Obviously if she's with someone else you'll want to say a few pleasantries and go on your way regardless of how well it might have gone.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/7/2010 5:53:03 PM

Ditto with an STD or abortion clinic.

If she's not crying or carrying a little brown bag, those could quite possibly be the best places to hit on a woman.

I'll add to the list of no no's: family reunions (unless you're from Arkansas)
 jd28spot
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/7/2010 5:53:56 PM
Yes, I have a suggestion. If you are in a store and you see a lady with a cart full of Ibuprofen (Advil is a familiar brand name), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), and ketoprofen (Orudis) , Midol or a big pack of Depends.....LEAVE HER ALONE!
 RushLuv
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/7/2010 6:43:30 PM

Yes, I have a suggestion. If you are in a store and you see a lady with a cart full of Ibuprofen (Advil is a familiar brand name), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), and ketoprofen (Orudis) , Midol or a big pack of Depends.....LEAVE HER ALONE!

Haha. One of the best post I've seen in AAGirl in a while. I know for damn sure when I'm out picking up Advil, it usually means that I am not in the best of moods.

Menstrual cramps are a woman's worst nightmare. Well, mine anyway.
 mysteriosa
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2010 8:16:47 PM

Are there places where it's NEVER okay to hit on a girl?? I mean if I see a pretty lady I like to go up and talk to her.
I suppose there's nothing to stop you in any situation but there are situations where you would be extremely likely to get a bad reaction or none at all. Some I can think of are:

- when she's dealing with children with behavioural problems like having a tantrum or running off
- lonely or isolated places where she might be frightened by your approach
- taking advantage of a situation where she has to do something for/with you at work to get her alone, e.g. cornering her in a back room or somewhere
- if she's giving a clear indication she doesn't want you to, like avoiding eye contact or only speaking to you briefly when necessary
- when she's sick or injured and you are supposed to be helping her

Where do ladies go when they WANT to be approached? Is there a dress code for ladies who don't wanna be talked to?
Nowhere in particular, but it's considered the norm at dances, clubs, maybe parties, pubs (if she seems open to meeting new people). I don't think there's a dress code unless I've missed it all these years! I would think if she's wearing a nun's habit it might not be a good idea. Do not assume if she's shapely or has cleavage that she is deliberately inviting attention. She was just born that shape!

I got the worst look the other day like, "oh my god why would you even talk to me right now". I would rather not experience that again...
Sorry that happened. Any individual can be stressed at any point and it's not always obvious to an outsider. Also, because a woman is out in the open air or in a public place, it does not mean she is inviting attention; she is just being.
 That Handy Man
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/8/2010 6:21:23 AM
If you are unattractive to women then, NEVER hit on them ANYWHERE! lol

Beyond that, I say it's all good!

I like fooling around at work BEST!

After all, something has to make those long hours of imprisonment bearable!
 That Handy Man
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/8/2010 10:43:11 AM
^^^Funny, that's true (sometimes).

I read a story about a woman bad mouthing some guy from accross the room, then twenty minutes later was kissing him, and left with him shortly afterwards!

And us guys are supposed to understand this behavior logically? No waaay! lol

If you don't start looking at women in terms of their millions of years old attraction mechanisms, I say GOOD LUCK!
 Worbug
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2010 11:12:49 AM
Any woman who is with me would probably not be a wise plan for you.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Are there places it's not okay??