Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Alkaline diets and food combining      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 1
Alkaline diets and food combiningPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
With the help and fabulous advice from another PoF poster, I radically changed the way I eat and approach food a couple of months ago and I have to say the results have been outstanding.
The basis of an alkaline diet is that our blood ph is naturally alkaline - the diet so many of us eat is highly acidic. To cut a great theory very short, alkaline foods reduce inflammation in the body. Most illnesses and diseases, including cancers, are caused by inflammation. (Wrinkles too!).
Both of these ways of eating - alkaline and food combining - are not new and are scientifically based.
I have noticed a huge surge in energy, my skin is glowing - people comment! My digestion has improved enormously and of course I've dropped some weight.
I'm interested to see if anyone else has tried this way of eating. I'm a convert - I love it and I'll never go back to high protein/low carb/calorie counting again. This way of eating is delicious, creative and really nourishing, imo.
 RenaiMan
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Alkaline diets and food combining
Posted: 3/9/2010 3:06:56 PM
That's very good news, I think everyone likes a success story now and then.

May I ask you to elaborate on exactly what you've been eating? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's interested to hear more.
 DiannaBall
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/9/2010 3:36:46 PM
FFS ~ I heard it has worked well for you congrats!! People need to do what works for them. I love that diet, but I am trying to add a lot more muscle and size so I need to do the low carb, low calorie approach. In 7 weeks I am down 36 pounds, (took a small break) and am back on it again (low carb / high protein). I miss the diet you are on, but for me it was not dropping the body fat and allowing me to keep all the muscle I have. I am glad you like it though; and the person you got it from is a MAJOR blessing. Good luck and stick with it. I wish I could do it; but it made me gain. I am one of those people who cannot have fruit at all. !! And as crabby as I get on the diet I am on now, it really has done wonders. I am finally getting cut. 3 more months I should be a lot close to my goal. My close friend Scott put me on the one I am on. It is a killer...but let me tell you, the results are awesome. Have some apples for me!!!
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/9/2010 3:51:37 PM
Ted Morters system changed my entire life.
No extra weight to carry, eating as much as I want, no cravings .
No aches and pains thus no Vioxx after years of it.
No antacids..
No hormones..

I was only crabby 2 weeks coming off the sugar, diet sodas and grains.
I like his original book the best.

If you ever want to go further into it Herman Aihara has a good one also.

Proud of you FFS.
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/9/2010 4:57:00 PM
^^Urban Candy, I was an Atkins freak until I hit 50. I found the high protein aspect didn't work for me...I dunno. Maybe my metabolism changed because of change of life. Who knows? I don't eat a lot of fruit - only two apples a day. And still no carbs except from vegetables. But a huge amount of veggies and the small amounts of protein seem to work, combined with lots of water. The way you combine food is crucial as well.
I'll post more later.
By the way, congrats on all that hard work, Candy. I've been reading your posts and I couldn't eat salmon at 5am for the love of God or money.
And you're right about our friend here ^^^^^. She sure is a major blessing..xxx
 monalee1
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/9/2010 11:29:07 PM
hi.. I agree with this too FFS... Hygienists eat high raw or all raw but it was noticed that after years into it some were not thriving... eating high raw also requires organic eating eventually because over time the pesticides will do much harm... if our ability to absorb nutrients becomes weakened/damaged by pesticides we will not experience superior health as time goes by... over the yrs I have added medicinal foods to alkaline foods and food combining... hot, strong food like cayenne, ginger, raw onions and raw garlic, eaten on occasion, have been said to keep parasites at bay... home grown food also carries the good bacteria and B12 that our sterile food is missing... minerals are missing in our soil so being informed on these matters is very helpful, prayer is most helpful imho... blessings for continued good health
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/10/2010 1:55:22 AM

. hot, strong food like cayenne, ginger, raw onions and raw garlic, eaten on occasion, have been said to keep parasites at bay.

monalee..you are so right. The health benefits from these spices/foods is amazing. Ginger root grated daily in tea is a must and cayenne and garlic every day would be a great addition to anyones healthy eating plan.

Cayenne, ginger and garlic not only have health benefits but are thermogenic and can aid heart health, fight disease..to many to mention.

I am addicted to ginger root and it is extremely ALKALINE forming .
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/10/2010 3:19:16 AM
RenaiMan: it's a fairly complicated way of eating but only because it is very different to the way I've always approached meals. It actually took me about a month of reading to get my head around it.
Luckily, as I've said, I've had an excellent and patient mentor.
I eat fruit until lunchtime - actually, apples. Then I have my protein for lunch and my starch meal at dinner. So, lunch is usually a big salad made up of dark green salad greens, raw beans, red capsicum, tomato, asparagus with a small can of tuna or smoked salmon or occasionally chicken. Dinner is starch vegetables.
You can google alkaline food charts which also give you a guideline as to how to combine. It usually is suggested you eat your protein at night rather than at lunch because protein takes six hours to combine. But I like protein's energy hit at lunch.
I drink 4 pints of water a day with lemon juice. I also drink lots of green tea.
I don't touch grains because I want to drop a few pounds, but grains which are slightly alkaline - sprouted grain bread or quinoa, for example - can be added to the starch meal if you dont want to lose weight.
An interesting fact for me was that Edgar Cayce recommended this way of eating back in the 1920s and 30s..
I haven't had any sugar cravings because the apples satisfy them and surprisingly no carb cravings. I don't know why..lol..If I need to snack mid-afternoon, I eat a few almonds which have been soaked overnight. Soaking removes the outer layer and makes them easier to digest.
This is an extremely simplified version. But I love eating so many veggies. I also include virgin organic coconut oil in my diet every day.
Mona, I agree about organic. And thank you for your blessings - back atcha!
And thanks again, girlsxx
 monalee1
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/11/2010 9:40:38 AM
hi Peppermint and FFS, girls if you do not mind may I share some points with you ... hot foods are great but it is their irritating qualities that annoy parasites.. if taken daily they will also annoy the delicate lining of the stomach and intestines... spacing them out 3 times a week, less in the summer is a balance imho... green tea blocks iron absorption, beware of health crazes, raw choc is not a food that you can consume on its own.. the rule of thumb is> if you can thoroughly enjoy a food raw whole then it is food.. if it is raw but you can take only small amounts it is a medicinal food.. FFS, I have been where you are.. over the years I have seen may positive changes and then some negative ones... eat a variety of fruit b4 noon, all colors... each offer different nutritional properties that you will greatly benefit from, eat local and not local for soil which also support different minerals and they also lack them... fruit/veg without rinds should be organic without fail or buy fruit/veg with rinds.. no seedless fruit, spikes sugar, no nutrition plus calories, > black walnuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds are essential for a womans good health, esp later in life, these are FAR superior to beans as beans, with the exception of lentils, age us over time... great on the YCOil >>hemp, flax and raw olive oils eaten raw will keep you youthful... drink b4 or 2 after meals.. yoga yoga yoga, moderate paced walking even more... Ellen White was inspired in this health message in 1860.. ty for the blessings FFS, you as well
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/11/2010 9:32:13 PM
Phew, Lil B, the list is fairly long, but these are the basics. I really suggest googling and reading up on it.
Thanks for the tip on green tea, girls. I've changed from drinking green tea all day to a cup or two, but mainly ginger tea.

The balance to aim for - if you're starting out and wanting to restore an alkaline ph and/or lose weight is 80/20 - that's 80% alkaline, 20% acid - over your day's food intake.

"When foods are eaten they are oxidized in the body which results in the formation of residue or ash. In this residue, if the minerals sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium predominate over sulfur, phosphorus, chlorine and uncombusted organic acid radicals, they are designated as alkaline ash foods. The converse of this is true for foods designated as acid ash."

– from the Raw Food Composition and Nutrition Handbook

ALKALINE / ACIDIC FOOD CHARTS
The charts below are provided for those trying to "adjust" their body pH through their diet. The pH scale is from 0 to 14, with numbers below 7 acidic (low on oxygen) and numbers above 7 alkaline. These charts are intended only as a general guide to alkalizing and acidifying foods. Note that there may be some discrepancies between foods included on these charts.*

ALKALIZING FOODS
ACIDIFYING FOODS
ALKALIZING VEGETABLES
Alfalfa
Barley Grass
Beets
Beet Greens
Broccoli
Cabbage
Carrot
Cauliflower
Celery
Chard Greens
Chlorella
Collard Greens
Cucumber
Dandelions
Dulce
Edible Flowers
Eggplant
Fermented Veggies
Garlic
Green Beans
Green Peas
Kale
Kohlrabi
Lettuce
Mushrooms
Mustard Greens
Nightshade Veggies
Onions
Parsnips (high glycemic)
Peas
Peppers
Pumpkin
Radishes
Rutabaga
Sea Veggies
Spinach, green
Spirulina
Sprouts
Sweet Potatoes
Tomatoes
Watercress
Wheat Grass
Wild Greens

ALKALIZING ORIENTAL VEGETABLES
Maitake
Daikon
Dandelion Root
Shitake
Kombu
Reishi
Nori
Umeboshi
Wakame

ALKALIZING FRUITS
Apple
Apricot
Avocado
Banana (high glycemic)
Berries
Blackberries
Cantaloupe
Cherries, sour
Coconut, fresh
Currants
Dates, dried
Figs, dried
Grapes
Grapefruit*
Honeydew Melon
Lemon*
Lime*
Muskmelons
Nectarine*
Orange*
Peach
Pear
Pineapple
Raisins
Raspberries
Rhubarb
Strawberries
Tangerine*
Tomato
Tropical Fruits
Umeboshi Plums
Watermelon

*Although it might seem that citrus fruits would have an acidifying effect on the body, the citric acid they contain actually has an alkalinizing effect in the system.

ALKALIZING PROTEIN
Almonds
Chestnuts
Millet
Tempeh (fermented)
Tofu (fermented)
Whey Protein Powder

ALKALIZING SWEETENERS
Stevia

ALKALIZING SPICES & SEASONINGS
Cinnamon
Curry
Ginger
Mustard
Chili Pepper
Sea Salt
Miso
Tamari
All Herbs

ALKALIZING OTHER
Apple Cider Vinegar
Bee Pollen
Lecithin Granules
Molasses, blackstrap
Probiotic Cultures
Soured Dairy Products
Green Juices
Veggie Juices
Fresh Fruit Juice
Mineral Water
Alkaline Antioxidant Water

ALKALIZING MINERALS
Cesium: pH 14
Potassium: pH 14
Sodium: pH 14
Calcium: pH 12
Magnesium: pH 9

ACIDIFYING VEGETABLES
Corn
Lentils
Olives
Winter Squash

ACIDIFYING FRUITS
Blueberries
Canned or Glazed Fruits
Cranberries
Currants
Plums**
Prunes**

ACIDIFYING GRAINS, GRAIN PRODUCTS
Amaranth
Barley
Bran, wheat
Bran, oat
Corn
Cornstarch
Hemp Seed Flour
Kamut
Oats (rolled)
Oatmeal
Quinoa
Rice (all)
Rice Cakes
Rye
Spelt
Wheat
Wheat Germ
Noodles
Macaroni
Spaghetti
Bread
Crackers, soda
Flour, white
Flour, wheat

ACIDIFYING BEANS & LEGUMES
Black Beans
Chick Peas
Green Peas
Kidney Beans
Lentils
Pinto Beans
Red Beans
Soy Beans
Soy Milk
White Beans
Rice Milk
Almond Milk

ACIDIFYING DAIRY
Butter
Cheese
Cheese, Processed
Ice Cream
Ice Milk

ACIDIFYING NUTS & BUTTERS
Cashews
Legumes
Peanuts
Peanut Butter
Pecans
Tahini
Walnuts

ACIDIFYING ANIMAL PROTEIN
Bacon
Beef
Carp
Clams
Cod
Corned Beef
Fish
Haddock
Lamb
Lobster
Mussels
Organ Meats
Oyster
Pike
Pork
Rabbit
Salmon
Sardines
Sausage
Scallops
Shrimp
Scallops
Shellfish
Tuna
Turkey
Veal
Venison

ACIDIFYING FATS & OILS
Avacado Oil
Butter
Canola Oil
Corn Oil
Hemp Seed Oil
Flax Oil
Lard
Olive Oil
Safflower Oil
Sesame Oil
Sunflower Oil

ACIDIFYING SWEETENERS
Carob
Sugar
Corn Syrup

ACIDIFYING ALCOHOL
Beer
Spirits
Hard Liquor
Wine

ACIDIFYING OTHER FOODS
Catsup
Cocoa
Coffee
Vinegar
Mustard
Pepper
Soft Drinks

ACIDIFYING DRUGS & CHEMICALS
Aspirin
Chemicals
Drugs, Medicinal
Drugs, Psychedelic
Pesticides
Herbicides
Tobacco

ACIDIFYING
JUNK FOOD
Coca-Cola: pH 2
Beer: pH 2.5
Coffee: pH 4

** These foods leave an alkaline ash but have an acidifying effect on the body.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/12/2010 2:41:50 AM
FFS my fingernails would be bleeding
To try and give a little relief to you here.

Food combining is of utmost importance as you can take an alkaline food and make it acidic forming by combining it with the wrong foods.

You can take a slightly acidic forming food or fairly neutral food and it more acidic forming if it is not organic.

In natural..organic state
The most alkalizing food is Wakame ,a common seaweed. Salads and soups can be made from it and it can be added to a lot of dishes with vegetables and meats .
Wakame is about 260.8 alkaline forming
Ginger root 21.1
shitake mushrooms 17.5
spinach 15.6
raw rubbard
raw kelp
mustard greens
raw parsley
Kale

The most acidic forming food groups
Rice bran 85.2
meats
grains
oatmeal
Of course sugar , prescription drugs, ciggs, booze

I was trying to explain the food combining to a friend as he always says fruit makes him bloated. NOT if eaten first . Most Americans think of fruit as a desert. NOT a good idea as it digest to fast compared to other foods and wont pass until your longest to digest food is ready... so ferments in your stomach.

A food combining chart was on my refrig for many years it is now in my head finally..Please get one even if you do not follow this plan as it will reduce bloating and aid digestion.

Never combine a fruit/ sugar with animal protein.

Generally speaking cancer and disease grows when sugar and animal foods are combined and consumed together, the latter supplying both protein to form the cancer cells and fat to cause bad circulation, The sugar supplies energy for it to grow.

Example fruit in yogurt.. ice cream..honey ham..sweet and sour pork, meat sandwich on bread.. bad combining.

Grains may be acidic but do not cause or promote cancer when eaten alone or with vegetables.

Native Eskimos for years consumed a lot of fat and protein but had little instances of cancer and other diseases because so little sugar is in the diet.

On the other hand big fruit /grain/vegetable eaters can have little cancer because of the very little animal protein and fat they consume.

Blood sugar balance is important.
Diabetes is a common cause of acidosis.Most diabetics turn them selves into diabetics by the foods they eat in todays times.
The diabetic is unable to use glucose so the fats are incompletely burned as acid substances becomes accumulated. The acid accumulates because not enough alkaline substances are in the blood.

Hopefully we can discuss bone loss and acidic ph later..Even after menopause we should be able to have strong bones and no monthly pill for potentially serious side effects.
An alkaline body can prevent much bone loss
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/12/2010 2:52:45 AM
^^I cut and pasted from the Raw Food Composition and Nutrition Handbook; your fingernails must be bleeding now! lol..
Thanks pp, for your post and your knowledge..
The thing I love about this way of eating best is that it's delicious. I love the challenge of using vegetables,tofu, salads and herbs in new ways, trying new things to increase the alkaline percentage. And I use my 20% acid allowance wisely. Like - I think about how I'm going to use it! I'm really enjoying it.
 monalee1
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/12/2010 6:13:24 PM
hi .. pls do not hate me>>>tofu is no longer the health food that it once was... thyroid issues, imbalances and GMO.... get to love whole raw organic food best and the little processed stuff will not do much damage... all raw days, all fruit days, fasting days will be your maximum weight loss days and your best healing days...continued blessings
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/12/2010 8:07:37 PM

Native Eskimos for years consumed a lot of fat and protein but had little instances of cancer and other diseases because so little sugar is in the diet.

They also did not have one other key thing.

Artificially inflated birth rates.

Living in a harsh unforgiving climate means only the strongest are going to survive.

Their diet is key because it is only things that the earth provides. So look at any isolated population with no outside medical interference and as long as they are eating from the earth you will see similar cancer rates.
 arwen52
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2010 8:27:47 PM
Did you have the pH of your blood tested before and after starting this eating regimen?

You said you changed your diet "radically." What and how were you eating before?

How long have you been maintaining this different way of eating?

<div class='quote'>Native Eskimos for years consumed a lot of fat and protein but had little instances of cancer and other diseases because so little sugar is in the diet.
How do you know it was the lack of sugar? They lack a lot of other things in their diet, including fruits and vegetables.
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/25/2010 2:09:13 AM
^No I didn't have my blood ph tested before I started this "regime"..lol..It's not a regime as much as just eating lots of vegetables and some fruits, but combining them so starch is separate from protein. I only eat fruit until lunch time. I've eliminated grains, dairy (except for cottage cheese and occasionally goats cheese) and red meat. I've found chicken starts me craving. My protein sources come from fish (salmon and tuna), cottage cheese and occasionally eggs.
I've been eating like this for more than 2 months and I feel great. Never felt better.
 arwen52
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2010 10:42:21 AM
Well, my point is that the "theory" is that it has to do with blood pH. But if you haven't tested that, how do you know that's really what it is? Could it be that you're eating healthier and you are more conscious of your food choices and that is what has made you feel better?

Think of the Eskimos - they mostly eat fish and marine mammals. There is not just a lack of sugar in their diet, there is a lack of grain, fruits, and vegetables. To assume any lack of cancer or other conditions to a lack of sugar in their diet makes no more sense than to assume it's due to a lack of fruit and vegetables in their diet. There are too many factors. Do you know that the Inuit have the shortest average life span of any population in North America? That alone would reduce the incidence of cancer since cancer often occurs later in life.

I'm not saying don't eat this way. If you are feeling good, and you're getting balance in your diet, that's the most important thing. But don't jump to faulty conclusions. Apply a little critical thinking.

Get back to us in a year and let us know how you are doing. Most folks I know don't keep up this kind of diet over an extended period of time. You want to find healthy ways of eating that you can sustain for the rest of your life.
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/26/2010 11:18:11 AM
I agree: I should have tested my blood ph before starting. But it was fairly obvious to me that my diet was overloaded on acidic foods - I was a fairly big meat eater, for a start. I've always leaned towards an Atkins-style way of eating.
I also agree that this is a great deal healthier and I'm feeling better because of it. But it makes sense to me. I've read quite a bit on this and it just intrinsically agrees with me, especially at my age. I do think I was eating far too much protein, for a start.
I'm a researcher by trade so I always apply critical thinking. It's the way I'm trained. Logically, it makes sense that foods which irritate or take a long time to digest or produce excess weight through limited nutritional value will end up damaging you.
Apart from their limited diet, perhaps the Innuits' shortened life span has something to do with social conditions? Obviously, they are dying from something other than cancer. Also, surely modern Innuits don't live on seal blubber anymore.
I don't think I'll have trouble sticking to this. I enjoy it, it makes me feel great, it's extremely easy - as in not much cooking - and it's not expensive.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/26/2010 11:26:05 AM

How do you know it was the lack of sugar? They lack a lot of other things in their diet, including fruits and vegetables.

Research..reading and education. Not google.

Yeah I hear apples and watermelon grow in abundance in the wild in Alaska.
I was talking about before Alaskans got "modernized"with us flying in crap to them.

Get back to us in a year and let us know how you are doing.

Let me get with you after almost 7 years of this program.

Years ago I was heavier, going through early menopause, felt and looked 60 and was on 5 prescription drugs..
After 8 months I was a size 2, no meds and looked like I had a face lift.
By only changing what I put in my mouth for food.

I looked and felt like the average woman in America that men complain about.
My cholesterol ratio is 3.4 from a 5.6
All of my blood work..is remarkable..
Blood pressure stays low..naturally

My weight has been maintained between 121-125 for all these years.
I used to have headaches and other organ recitals I won't go into.

It is a lifelong eating plan..
So don't try and discourage someone who is giving a testimonial on how great she is doing.

Did you have the pH of your blood tested before and after starting this eating regimen?'

I did, I got blood work every 3 months for the first 2 years ..every 6 months now..
I was in a state called acidosis.

If you would like copies of 6-7 years of blood work I have them in my files. I take pay buddy its about a hundred pages and a dollar a page * LOL..

It pays to have your blood work done.
Having so many family members in the medical field, I was fortunate to get" professional courtesy" lab work done for many years .

But you can have a pretty good idea by going through the steps in the program if you can't afford all the blood work by testing urine.

Y'all ever notice nurses in doctors offices walking around drinking sprite and eating Lance cheese crackers at 10 a.m. asking how you keep so slim? Lmaoooo

Very acidic forming late breakfast IMO..Gawd eat an apple , have some tea.
How hard can that be?

BigBadMike1969
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/28/2010 4:09:53 AM
You can buy PH paper from local health food store. It gives you a general reading.
 sweetest
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2010 9:12:12 AM
FFS, interesting post--thanks. It's great to hear that it's doing good things for you.

I don't follow any real diet except that I tend to eat very healthily...and stray just a bit everyday (like clockwork actually ;) to keep me happy and not feeling deprived.

My dad discovered food combining at least 10 or 15 years ago, so I understand the Diamond's Fit For Life concept rather well...and still practice aspects of that to a certain degree.

I like the list you've presented...and have created a list of my own from your list of the alkalizing foods that I tend to eat so that I can incorporate them when I shop.

Keep those updates coming!
 clambroth
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/2/2010 4:46:21 PM
I follow a high carbohydrate low protein diet because I am a runner. I eat large quantities of vegetables including potatos, cauliflower, broccoli, brussel spouts, asparagas and salad. I eat fairly large quantities of raw hot peppers including jalopenio, serrano, cubanel. Lots of raw red onions and no garlic. Beans are my primary source of protein (combined of course with starch to make the amino acid chain a complete protein) although I eat a lot of crunchy peanut butter and nuts. I don't touch fruit other than occasional apple cider or no sugar fruit drinks. Haven't had any meat, chicken, fish, seafood or anything like it for 35 years now and along the way have managed to run around the world mileage wise just three times (84,000 miles) and just starting last trip on way to life time goal of 100,000 miles. Only illnesses are occasional colds that son would typically bring home from school and alcohol related maladies. Oh yeah, I drink. Oooops, can't be perfect.
 MichelleRenee1234
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/7/2010 2:13:56 PM
How would one go about a diet like this on a budget? I know I can't afford to buy a whole bunch of fruits and veggies a week. They go bad too fast and are just too expensive. All I eat per week is, romaine (I prefer kale but find it goes bad too quickly), red bell pepper, red onion, cucumbers, tomatoes, naval oranges, bananas, potatoes, raw skinless chicken breast, almonds, walnuts, raisins, eggs, coconut oil, PAM, salt, black pepper, turmeric, 1 cup coffee a day, 5-6 cups green tea per day, Kraft low fat balsamic & olive oil dressing, and fish of some kind (tuna steak, salmon, cod, sole, halibut, catfish, scallops on occasion), sometimes I'll buy a roasted turkey sandwich on rye w/romaine, onion, tomato and mustard at work, and also sometimes I'll have spaghetti and sauce with a salad. That's pretty much all I eat except on the rare occasions I go out. You guys look phenomenal! I have acne and try eating to clear up my skin as well... I was wondering if someone could give me a quick critique and some suggestions perhaps?
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/14/2011 6:34:01 AM

I have acne and try eating to clear up my skin as well..

The alkaline lifestyle may be a good choice for you.

Vegetables..
MSM is a good supplement for acne.
But get the hormones checked.
Could be stress.

How would one go about a diet like this on a budget?

Buying seasonal..Buy organic with just the fruits/vegs that are hard to wash ( thin skins and berries, broccoli )..Dairy.

Good luck!!
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/17/2011 1:24:45 PM

Most folks I know don't keep up this kind of diet over an extended period of time. You want to find healthy ways of eating that you can sustain for the rest of your life.

Oh Gawd..... What did we do before white bread?

We would have gone extinct?

Soda? Processed sugar? Yeah......... Death would have ensued quickly for our species.

How hard can learning not to eat starches/ sugars with animal products can it be?

The rest is common sense.
It grows/ walks/flies/swims you usually can eat it.

EXCEPT THAT THERE BLOW FISHIE
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Alkaline diets and food combining