Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Biking anyone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Qmc
Msg: 1
Biking anyone?Page 1 of 1    
Would like to know if there would be any interest in getting a group together of Bicyclists and go biking. Our first adventure could be the Towpath starting in Peninsula, and then hitting the "Lizard" after the ride! Our first ride we could ease into, being that I know I'm rusty from the winter and my laziness from last year.
Those who ride with peddles know that bikers are smiling all the time and it is not due to tight spandex. I will get the Blaaaas out quicker than you can say........"PASSING ON YOUR LEFT"
Bicycling any one?
 huckinfillbilly
Msg: 2
Biking anyone?
Posted: 3/10/2010 8:49:37 AM
I would be interested in that ride.I usually ride a bike with a engine on it but I could use the exercise of the mountain bike.I was part of a group from my work that rode from Rockside Rd. to Peninsula about 14 years ago,after eating and having a couple beers the ride back to Rockside was rough.
 Qmc
Msg: 3
Biking anyone?
Posted: 3/10/2010 10:30:07 AM
that's great Huck but what you do and you probably know this from that experience is Ride first then reward! EAT LOL So hang with me here and let's see if we can conger up a few more.
 climbsagain
Msg: 4
Biking anyone?
Posted: 3/10/2010 3:23:35 PM
Sounds like a great idea. Ride the tow path . Start up north and pedal to Zoar or the other way around? Enjoy the beauty of the park, feel the breeze in your face, just have fun. Count me in QMC!
 whatacrok
Msg: 5
Biking anyone?
Posted: 3/10/2010 3:28:36 PM
Great idea, Q!

hmmmmmmmmmm, msg too short! how about now.
 Qmc
Msg: 6
Biking anyone?
Posted: 3/11/2010 7:37:08 AM
Wow I'm excited now! We will all have to pitch in and agree on a good day to go then so I can officially post it.
I've ridden too Harvard street in Cleveland from Pennisula and from Penn. to Cascade Locks. then From Canal Fulton to Massilon and have been on the part that runs to Zoar but have never ridden it all in one day. I have also ridden the Emerald Necklace, The Bike and Buggy trail. The Kokosing trail and I think it is called the Richland Rail Trail but not sure of the name It runs between Mansfield and Butler. There is a great Antique and Ice Cream store along the trail in Bellville. Yum So if we can get enough riders that are interested we could do other rides too. But I guess I better just focus on this one for now. Woo hoo Working on my bike legs now.
 SpinachSalad
Msg: 7
Biking anyone?
Posted: 3/11/2010 10:03:57 AM
I wish I had a working bike. I don't own one and my parents' bikes haven't been used for probably 25 years. I'm not sure I'd trust the brakes after hanging in the garage all that time...just sayin'.
 Qmc
Msg: 8
Biking anyone?
Posted: 3/11/2010 12:15:31 PM
You can always rent a bike from the bike store at Pennisula if you would like to go. It is all in what you want
 1111SUPERMAN
Msg: 9
Biking anyone?
Posted: 3/11/2010 2:14:31 PM
Yippee bike riding, can't wait it's been a long winter. I will be in my spandex so lady start smiling.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Biking anyone?
Posted: 3/12/2010 11:17:45 AM

I wish I had a working bike. I don't own one and my parents' bikes haven't been used for probably 25 years. I'm not sure I'd trust the brakes after hanging in the garage all that time...just sayin'.

Don't this hit home... every so often I made it a point to spray those things down with WD40 or something.... but the salt in the air is so thick I'm not sure if it really helped.

Are replacement brake pads even available, not to mention the tire size.
 climbsagain
Msg: 11
Biking anyone?
Posted: 3/12/2010 2:07:10 PM
Good deals are out rthere on Craigslist for bikes. I bought a great bike for 75 bucks. Really nice with shocks and the works. I have been riding this bike going on three years with no problems. Check out craigslist, you'll be glad you did!
 Qmc
Msg: 12
Biking anyone?
Posted: 3/14/2010 1:20:05 PM
Ok here is my idea.....Try to make it a Sunday afternoon ride. Two dates that would be good for me are March 28th and or April 25th. ... starting at 11am, from Peninsula? Any imput for this?

I don't know how to put up a sign up list, butI will ask around when we narrow down a time and date. Thanks Q
 climbsagain
Msg: 13
Biking anyone?
Posted: 3/14/2010 3:56:43 PM
March28th works for me. I have yet to host so I am not the person to guide you through the process. However you are very bright in additon to being so very cute , I think you will know how to get it done?
 Qmc
Msg: 14
Biking anyone?
Posted: 3/14/2010 8:24:36 PM
Oh...well thanks Climbs. Yes I'll figure it out. In the mean time March 28th look good for anyone else?
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Biking anyone?