Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Am I wrong for just wanting sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bookbelle
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Am I wrong for just wanting sex?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Sorry to hear about your situation.

Nope, you're not wrong for just wanting sex. So long as you're up front about it and everyone knows where they stand, I'm not opposed to stuff like that. Everyone's allowed to have fun. :)
 oluvlyme
Msg: 4
Am I wrong for just wanting sex?
Posted: 3/11/2010 11:31:32 AM
I'm sorry to here about your condition, but in regards to your post, I don't think there's anything wrong with just wanting sex...but just make sure your intentions are clear to your partner. But be careful with having sex buddies...because alot of times, especially for women, feelings get involved as you may know. So you'd hate to catch feelings for said person, and him not feel the same way about you.
 damassteel
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2010 11:57:21 AM
Don't let others define you. All that crap in your head some call a "super-ego"is forcing this question out you.
You are entitled to live as you choose with whatever values and priorities you please.
Be discrete and don't hurt anyone. That is all.
 ~rain~
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2010 12:00:04 PM
there is absoulutly nothing wrong with wanting just sex!!

Just be up front and honest about it. Make your intentions known so you dont end up being the subject of one of these forum threads.
 el lagarto
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/11/2010 12:50:31 PM
Even if you didn't have that bad prognosis (so sorry you do !), and you just wanted sex - there'd be nothing wrong with that !

You have the right to want what you want - we all do !

Just being honest and up front about it , will keep things fair to all.

Take good care !
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2010 1:29:42 PM
People enjoy sex. People want sex.

Of course, I was actually going to originally BEGIN my post by saying - no, you are not wrong for just wanting sex, because you are not a man. Had you been a man and posted this, you would've been pilloried. At least, that's the impression I get from having read the forums in general a bit.

But anyway, my opinion is that as long as both you and whomever you're with have a clear understanding of what you want and why, no, there's nothing at all wrong with it.

Regardless of gender.

Be warned though that it is rather easy for people to become emotionally attached anyway. Still, as long as you're being up front with everything, you're handling it the right way.
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/11/2010 2:01:08 PM
Have fun !!! Its okay no matter what your situation, if you cool with it...why not?
 Cicciolina
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/11/2010 2:04:12 PM
Go ahead and get your freak on. No one is going to judge you for that. Men do it all the time.
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/11/2010 2:06:05 PM

I just want one, or maybe two people that I can call whenever I just want to get laid and that's it.

So, you seek FWB's? Just be sure to be very upfront it's ALL you seek and no one will get their emotions hurt.

No, you're not wrong, but certainly make sure you take all precautions when having sex.

You don't want to end up having compromised your health any further with STD's.
 louise1359
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/11/2010 2:06:54 PM
Goodness, no! But here's one other thing to consider because you have a serious health condition. You need to be extra careful about STDs. You do not need any more factors complicating your medical condition. Be upfront not only about the fact that you are not interested in a relationship, but also the reality that you have a health condition and insist on regular STD screenings for yourself and your partner(s). Anyone not willing to comply is much too selfish to waste time with. God bless and take care.
 Sayers987
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/11/2010 4:04:38 PM
Ronnica,

Everyone here is supportive and has great comments.

My only thought is that someone may surface who wants to go the distance with you, meaning provide emotional support to you through your difficult times. Sounds like you are going to be upfront about your situation, but, if someone steps forward, don't automatically push him away. You may be surprised.
 options2
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/11/2010 4:10:59 PM
Two conscenting adults--nothing wrong with that. I would just caution you to think about whether or not that is truly only what you want. You were given some devasting and serious news. You may just be reacting. You may, down deep, really wish to have someone be very close right now. Maybe not. Just know.

Good luck.

Diana
 gentleplus
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2010 5:10:04 PM
The down side is that if you get a UTI or other STD your system will be more at risk etc.... ask your doctor about it and have as few partners as possible...
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/11/2010 5:54:06 PM

It's okay for a guy to get it but the girl is a slut. That's why I ask because there is so much emphasis on how a woman "should" behave.

I disagree. If you were a guy posting this, the thread would be deleted and/or the guy bashed bigtime.

Guys get flack for sleeping around because it's assumed by many uptight women that he'd have to be using them, that he doesn't respect them, etc. That's the "slut level" label for guys who are open to having casual sex. Girls will call girls who are open for casual sex sluts -- the jealous bug fuels that term, unless they're a very close friend (and not better looking).
 3Therm0pylae0
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/11/2010 8:38:08 PM
Do not ever forget that you are a valid, right-to-exist person who can have her own needs and particular wants, without having to justify them. As long as you are honest with a potential lover, and completely forthcoming, no problem. Have fun getting it!!!
 windloverr
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2010 9:50:16 PM

No. Just be upfront and honest with whomever you're with.
 winteragain
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/12/2010 9:55:37 AM
Do yo thang girl, let a playa play and don't you care what they think cuz they ain't nothin but haters and it's their job to hate but you keep doin what you want boo-boo it don't make no diff
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/12/2010 11:26:14 AM
No, your not wrong for just wanting sex?

Your not alone either, so are about 70% percent of the people who join dating sites.....
 RushLuv
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/12/2010 1:43:36 PM
There are times when I just want sex, and to be frank, it was actually recently.

Just make sure the guys you decide to bang put a cap on it.
 eattoplease
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/26/2010 7:24:29 PM
At 52...Ive been with the ups and downs of the dating thing...very frustrating....soo I am myself on here for intimate also....but....most woman Ive chatted with have their own ideas about it....even tho they dont know me they percieve and assume....its unfortunate because I am picky and the ones that I even meet....most of the time are looking for stability....sooo Ill keep plugin and soo will you.......your a big girl and know what you want...good luck!
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/26/2010 9:35:35 PM

The down side is that if you get a UTI or other STD your system will be more at risk etc.... ask your doctor about it and have as few partners as possible...

This is one of the best arguments FOR FWB's....just keep an honest line of communication about feelings and also be exclusive...so if either of you wants to explore another sexual relationship you tell the other before having sex again and then you can both decide whether or not to continue. Be aware though that any FWB you get can and SHOULD still be open to finding someone else where a full relationship is possible. You may wind up with a series of FWB relationships before you're ready for the real thing.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/27/2010 8:24:32 AM
Ronnica: You are a grown woman. You live your life on your terms and decisions. As long as you are up front with whomever enters your life.....(don't hurt anyone)....

Good luck with your health condition.
 chefwolf94
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/7/2011 10:32:37 AM
Its a healthy thing to want to have sex, too many people in our society have been blinded by too much sex or a high desire is a bad thing which it isn't. Thanks to the STD scares from over the years has added to this. The more orgasms you have the healthier life feels.
 CheckPrime
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/7/2011 11:45:51 AM
Do what you want girl, but don't go contracting aids on top of what you're already dealing with. It's not like you have to disclose to anybody how many people you're bumpin uglies with.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 3:36:07 PM

It's not like you have to disclose to anybody how many people you're bumpin uglies with.

Failure to disclose history is a red flag for me... so yes.. you do if you want to "bump uglies" with me.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Am I wrong for just wanting sex?