Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Period sex......ooohhhh or eeewwww??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mainey
Msg: 2
Period sex......ooohhhh or eeewwww??Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
OMG Hilly!!!
A little light conversation before bed lol.

For me it is a definate no go!!! Sure you get horny but it passes. It is just,( to use my 12 year old daughters language),,, eeeeeeeewwwwwww!!!!!! disssssgusting,,, to me anyway.

I don't even want to think about the oral question.

I have met guys that would go there, which just turns me off them.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Period sex......ooohhhh or eeewwww??
Posted: 3/16/2010 6:20:28 AM
My face may be red, but I'm not blushing. hahahaa
I don't mind at all... in fact, I see it as a periodical plus, kind of an extra fun bit tacked onto something that's tremendous fun already. I know some people are bit squeamish about body fluids, but I'm not. Or should I say... Yeehaa! I'm not!
Frankly, for those people that are, I'd suggest they try to get over it, because they're missing out on hours of fun.

Oral? Geeez Ms.H... you ask some bloody personal questions!
Since I've already said I have no aversion to body fluids, and I think I've mentioned in the past my enthusiasm for cunnilingus, it's pretty obvious that menstrual blood is of no concern at all.
Plus! I've noticed the pelvic congestion a woman sometimes feels in the days leading up to her period can be considerably eased if she has an orgasm or two. And (Hoorayyy!) it seems to work better if the orgasms are given, as self-service doesn't always do the trick.
So what more motivation does one need? The 'licker' gets off... the 'lickee' gets off... sounds like a win-win situation to me.

Surprisingly, some women can be a bit ewww yuckkk about the w hole thing, but if one presents ones... um... point of view convincingly... heh heh ...they always (in my experience) get over it. Maybe I'm really persuasive?

Slurp!
 lyingcheat
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2010 7:29:31 AM

Wow you must have been really bored to come up with this!

One wonders what state of mind was requisite to produce, in your usual bland non-contributive style, the response.

OT
But what say you OP?
I'm curious about what position you adopt in this regard... \\(0)//
Like, are you quite open to the idea and lick your lips in delighted antici ...pation? (|)

Do you like pulling out all the stops occasionally, and painting the town red? ---DDD

Go on, I bet you've got some juicy stories to tell...
 lyingcheat
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2010 12:46:09 PM

But blue is the new red. Have TV advertisements taught you nothing?

I knew those hundreds of hours of TV watching would come in handy some day!
Indeed, from TV advertisements I've learned that fake is the new real, and lies are the new truth.
From the news I've learned too that newspapers aren't read like they used to be, though I hadn't noticed they ever were, they always seemed to be in various shades of black and white around here.

I didn't know blue was the new red though... are you sure? From my observations at traffic lights I'd assumed red was the new green?
But if blue is the new red... that means Tampax will have to change their ad? Dipping a stick of chalk into a beaker of blue liquid to demonstrate absorbency is going to seem a l i t t l e too realistic? Maybe they'll have to use red liquid instead...
 imaranga
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/16/2010 2:27:59 PM
Hysterectomy soon negates the monthly painters visit. :)
By the same token though, before said operation when it's of tsunami proportions, I personally think it's best left alone, I mean the dolmio grin is one thing but drowning in it might not be quite as much fun!
 lyingcheat
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2010 3:02:16 PM

...what a topic to wake up too.... certainly put me... off my breaky...

Gulp! W w w what were you planning on having?
 Island home
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/16/2010 7:12:44 PM

How about it then?

anytime anywhere anyplace.

Thanks for the memories ladies
Oh I remember those words well

I also remember blood is not a good lubricant
Especially when gritty clots are included

I also remember the one attempt at sex in the swimming pool
seemed to wash away the natural lubricant

While I look forward to attempting pool sex again
I don't think the other is likely to be on my horizon
Definitely not both together anyway

It's a hormone releasing IUD

I don't so much remember the IUD
as I remember the sharp bit of nylon string
protruding just enough to greet any enthusiastic thrusting

Was going to say I could have done with out that memory
But NO
all memories are good
 BBG38
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/16/2010 10:02:08 PM
Hmmmm to weigh in or not to weigh in on this topic...?

Well from a anatomical stand point, there is nothing wrong with having sex at that time of the month (and if you are the lucky lady who has a willing man it can be highly satisfying)...I think we are all forgetting how this all works and what really is the ewwwwww factor. Well as we women know the woman sheds it lining when an egg is not implanted therefor it is not actully the vagina that is bleeding (now before you think say what???) the vagina is an entity unto itself and is just the escape route for said bleeding, therefor just as some women do to create the perfect atmosphere in the vagina to give them a better opportunity to concieve, by giving themselves a vagina washout (and only ladies would necessarily understand what it is i mean) there is no reason why a woman cant do this in the shower prior to said (hopefully) satisfying sexual encounter. There is little to no blood in the vaginal canal after doing this, therefore making it quiet clean and enjoyable for both parties. Most people i would think have a shower before a good fling (unless it is the quickie/or one night stand option)

We women do not bleed like stuck pigs once the obligatory period occurs, gravity really does do all the work for us and just accommodates the unwanted natural non pregnancy lining via our vaginal vessel....(anatomy lesson over) but at the end of the day it is just up to the individual as to whether they are comfortable exploring their body and having someone else enjoy it also...

Go forth have sex and don't multiple.....lol...
 lyingcheat
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2010 10:46:42 PM

Once again..... you always...

I've told you 10,000,000 times not to exaggerate!

Though it's strange that you think, if that's the right word, I "always like to attack people when they are having a bit of fun."
There's quite a few people having a bit fun in this very thread, yet no sign so far of me "always" attacking anyone.

I merely commented on the bland, non-contributive nature of your post... Inexplicably overlooking the clever humour and rich contribution your post made to the thread hey?
But no worries! Though I do think it odd your idea of "a bit of fun" is to make vague off topic posts. Always continually. Without stopping. 50,000 times a day. Until the end of time.
Unless... this was the subtly on topic line?
Showing your true colours there sport!!

umm... Red?

. . . . . . . . . . . ----//// \\\\---- . . . . . . . . . . .

We women do not bleed like stuck pigs...

Exactly right. Some of the comments have made it sound like an arterial flow, or a red Niagara, but that's not true at all.

Go forth have sex and don't multiple...

Indeed, the chances of conception occurring are remote. Yet another positive aspect!
 BBG38
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/16/2010 11:43:52 PM
LMAO....@ hilly....hehehehehehee
 BBG38
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/16/2010 11:48:23 PM
lol....well we are talking about that particular time of the month, and I for one would incorporate a good wash in the shower, with my intended sex god for the evening, and then let him head to the bed before me and complete the process to be able to look forward to the ongoing torrents of orgasms that the man i chose will ultimately give me...hehehehe...but a good imagination and a huge lust for it will always win out over just throwing your legs over...

Well thats my idea of it anyways, not sure if it still works that way now dayz, been awhile...lol...but theres always the future.
 Ahron123
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/17/2010 6:15:30 AM

its a sign of total unselfishness...or desperation...I’m not really sure which!

Or possibly gratitude...that they just survived another week of PMT and that the blood in question isn't coming from a frying pan strike to their head.

Ha ha! Funny.

I'm up for it. Why not. Even the oral. It tastes different but not bad, kind of metallic lol. I actually think different times of the month taste different anyway, and I have become quite the connoisseur of predicting when my gf's period will arrive by the taste of her ha ha ha...I'm getting pretty accurate and I can do it with two different girls now!!
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2010 7:20:28 PM
To answer the question I'm not in the mood during those few days a month. My SO and I both think ewwww!!! We would rather wait.

On another subject, why is this redundant thread allowed to stay but mine was closed before any answers? I've answered this exact same question recently.

My previous post from thread "sex during your period."

I've never had a guy say they wanted to. As far as I remember my ex husband never mentioned trying all the years we were together and my current boyfriend I think would rather wait the few days. For the most part I'm not in the mood then anyway.

My being extra amorous is a few days before and right after not during the heaviest days. When I am on it I don't even want much affection from my man. Also the "red wings" thing sounds gross to me.

Quote from another poster.

In the shower or laying down a towel are good options, for sure. For the most part though, I've got to admit...for me, sex is the last thing I'm wanting for those three days...hell, I don't really even want a hug, to be honest.
 MsMicki
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2010 9:38:52 PM
There are definately some advantages to age!
This is a non-issue for me now............WOOOT!

But......back when.........
it just depended on the period.
Sometimes.......horny as hell
Sometimes.....cramped up beyond belief and even a tampon made it worse.......so
no way something bigger than a tampon was going there!

oral?
who am I to stop a man from giving me the ultimate pleasure?!
if he was willing.....then so was I!
 EGJV
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/18/2010 4:49:13 PM
I like it, what's a litle blood? Actually I've had quite a mess end up near my belly but I never minded. As for oral - only had one ex I tried to tongue her clit when she was on eher period and she didn't want me to. I don't think I could go full cunnilingus but who knows? Sex is messy and crazy...
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2010 7:11:19 PM
It's all good.

Wet is wet, right? Just gotta clean up a bit more afterwards. May taste a bit different, but not offensively so....
 LG2727
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2010 8:10:06 PM
found a nifty little item called "Instead" Wish I would have known about this product years ago!
 Island home
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/19/2010 12:50:59 AM
Thanks Hilly saved me looking like a bag full off hammers
shall return the favor

Show ALL Forums > Sex and Dating > Period sex......ooohhhh or eeewwww??

Edit
Actually its
Sex and Sexuality Issues
not sex and dating

bag full oh hammers an still cant hit the nail on the head

Cat*Eyes
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2010 2:27:13 AM
I do not get periods anymore. When I did have periods, I was always very extremely horny, during that time.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/19/2010 4:05:56 AM
Just an FYI:

"Safe sex is even more crucial during your period. A woman's risk of sexually transmitted disease and infection is higher than normal during this time because the cervix opens to allow blood to pass through. Unfortunately, this creates the perfect pathway for bacteria to travel deep inside the pelvic cavity. A woman is also more likely to pass on blood-borne diseases like HIV and hepatitis to a partner during her period, and she's more likely to develop yeast or bacterial infections because the vagina's pH during menstruation is less acidic."

http://tinyurl.com/period-std
I've had Depo and then the Mirena IUD so I've only had about six periods in the last 10 years but I don't grasp the appeal of sex during your period. Do you throw 20 towels down around the room or do you just lie there in the missionary position? I can't imagine the latter would do much for me, especially without any oral.
 MsMicki
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2010 8:03:30 AM
I would get on Birth control but I am 37 years old.

Off topic.......but........there are forms of birth control out there besides condoms
that do not release hormones into the system.
The diaghram works quite well.
Unless you still want children.......I would not rely on condoms!!

as for period sex.........most women have very little flow when sexually aroused.
a towel underneath you should suffice......or that's what the shower is for!!

VVVV note to self......keep lighters away from Turk!
 late™
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/19/2010 9:25:47 AM

I always assumed that you would maybe leave a tampon in there while you did this and just carefully avoid the string?
If you rinse off first, it's not a big deal and also not hugely messy.
Oral with tampons: You can just tuck the string up into the vagina and it won't even be in the way.

As long as the man knows where his tongue is supposed to go, there shouldn't be an "ewww" factor (unless they {man or woman alike) have a lot of unresolved learned-childhood {icky! ...body stuff!!} ewww factor as part of their makeup), especially if the woman's flow is minimal and there is prior rinsing and a fresh tampon.

Sure, not everyone may want to do it, but it's not some big thing.

Nope, and for those of us with > circadian libidos, it's nothing at all.
 BBG38
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/19/2010 3:40:56 PM
Hilly there is an easier way to access the forum you posting on...and that is to clik on Forum....and as long as you have cliked on "track this thread" you can just clik on "my forums" and it will take you to a page where it lists all the threads you have posted on and then you just choose which thread you need..and there you have it...goodluck
 Island home
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/19/2010 4:34:38 PM

found a nifty little item called "Instead"

Yeah But Yeah But whats INSTEAD?????
 Island home
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/19/2010 4:55:02 PM
Must be getting too dependent on POF
Thought it could meet all my needs

Don't like the idea of the tampon in
Would be like a men at work road closed sign
Instead would be like working next to a dam fearing it may burst at any time
I'll stick with a free flowing stream , with the birds singing
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Period sex......ooohhhh or eeewwww??