Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > We broke up two years ago but are still txtin most days... I dont get      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fender1954
Msg: 2
We broke up two years ago but are still txtin most days... I dont get itPage 1 of 1    
Friendship. You either want it or you don't. He has already told you it is not going to go anywhere. It is your choice if you want to remain friends.

Simple as that.
 Profile-Writer
Msg: 3
We broke up two years ago but are still txtin most days... I dont get it
Posted: 3/18/2010 5:58:09 PM
^ ^ ^ msg 2 - - > good answer.
I recently went through a breakup and my EX wanted to stay 'friends'.

Like you, I mistakenly thought he would change his mind and want me back.

Like you, I finally asked him what was going on and he quickly made it clear that all he was offering was friendship.

If you can be friends, do it, but if you are having trouble moving on, then it's best to tell him you need to back off and cut contact, at least for awhile until you heal and are able to move on too.

... sorry.. I know it's not what you want to hear, it's not what I wanted to face either, but I finally did, and so can you :-D
 minako79
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/18/2010 7:14:50 PM
hell no... thats why an ex is for a reason should stay in the past...
unless if children are involve, its okay to remain civil for the sake of the kids.
if you have no other business with your ex, time to move on.
 briargate
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/18/2010 9:03:31 PM
On occasion I have done that with exes, sending e-mails each day or once a week for long periods. It depends on how things ended and whether or not they and I were happy in our lives. The more settled we were, the less we would talk. So no news was usually good news.

But if that friendship is wearing on you and you don't set boundaries very well for what you discuss together, then just start delaying your responses and then let them taper off to nothing. There is no reason to continue talking if it upsets you.
 Jazzlover69
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2011 1:57:23 AM
yeah, I know how difficult it is to forget how good he was to u, and hope it could be back one day. But the reality is it doesn't go to anywhere.

Start over, give yourself a chance to others :)
 the_better_one
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2011 3:23:10 AM
I to have been brok withmy ex for a year and text almost everyday. I still love her dearly but she does not feel the same. She has made it clear but her friendship means a lot so I put up with my heartache and talk to her to keep her in my life.

I kno the pain you are in when you spill your heart and get nothing back, i have done that many times with her. I agree you need to move on bc i kno this is what i need to do to.

you just got to kno if you can handle him not being interested and still talk....you kno your heart better then anyone!! GOOD LUCK!!!
 4_me_2
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/15/2011 3:18:40 PM
I'm still friends with my ex wife, my ex fiance and my ex GF. They were a big part of my life and I was a big part of theirs. After the initial pain of the seperation, we still remained friends through it all and I still talk to most of them every day....or at least once a week.

When you break up with someone, it's the loss of that companionship, that friendship, that hurts the most. The best way I found to heal that is to not lose that part of it. It may not have worked out as being a couple but it's sure working out as being friends.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > We broke up two years ago but are still txtin most days... I dont get it