Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > The site sucks , bottom line .      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LeadersandFollowers
Msg: 1
The site sucks , bottom line . Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
That is all there is too it . This is the testimonial section so here is my testimony ....The site is more useless than tits on a bull and 99% of the people here are on it for an ego boost or to get laid . To all the people on here who get messages and just read them and don't have the common courtesy to respond back , you are pathetic and have no manners whatsoever and I hope that you die a slow and painful death .
 sevenistaken
Msg: 2
The site sucks , bottom line .
Posted: 3/21/2010 6:51:46 PM
If they don't reply, how do you know they're looking for an ego boost or to get laid ?
Just asking ...
 LeadersandFollowers
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/22/2010 5:06:17 AM
Common sense and testimony from others I know who have tried this site .
 justsomeoneelse
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/23/2010 4:06:06 PM
I understand what Leaders is saying..but when it comes to the internet, you will find
attention and seeking quite common. Not just on Plenty, but On F-book, Mysp*ce,
any netwworking will have people on there seeking popularity status.

For example, remember the "appears on #' member's favorites." thing POF had.
Many users, especially those on 500+ user's favorites list, were on here to see how many favorites list they could be on..the more, the bigger the ego.

"I have #000 friends on my facebook, I am so popular". God I have heard that so many times.
 LeadersandFollowers
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/24/2010 5:22:03 AM
Ok first , you arn't clever that whole waaaaaambulance is outdated .

Second off , I have been here for a month under this name , this isn't the first time I have used this site .

So do me a favor , go blow it out your ass .
 Chasing~Cars
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/24/2010 7:53:57 AM
Then why stay if it isn't working for you? Just asking.
 CynthiaMw
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/24/2010 8:53:49 AM
Interesting. This place sucks so bad you left under one profile and came back under a new one. Why?

But thank you for your testimonial and followup posts. Good of you to out your true nature.

Bottom line: this place worked for me and many people I know. Your failure must be you.
 Meeting_At_The_Crossroads
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/24/2010 4:32:22 PM
Sorry, but I can not agree. Within a week of posting a profile on POF, with no picture included, I met a nice gal. We are persuing the process of getting to know one another. The bottom line is that it is not POF that has an issue, it is the individual. Perhaps you might take advantage of the kind offers of help from other POF members; for example, have your profile critiqued. Your profile is the window to your world. POF does not have anything to do with it. It is simply the medium. Just as we can not fault the TV for the content provided, POF has no control over how you present yourself. I would suggest that is probably the issue you need to address first.

And keep in mind the old adage: if at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again!!

Mike
 lovemysox27
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/24/2010 4:38:44 PM
I take offense because men dont seem to know how to read a profile so thats why I read/delete messages. My profile says what im looking for they cant respect it and still send me emails after I already read deleted the first one they sent thats their fault
 LeadersandFollowers
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/25/2010 5:16:26 AM
Just refer to my post on the other thread .
 ghostryder1970
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/26/2010 4:49:24 PM
Ya know...I was wondering...what do people think the chances are that PoF, like many other match making sites we've heard about, has fake profiles to keep people coming back?
 justsomeoneelse
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/26/2010 5:24:29 PM
POF does consist of fake profiles...although these are easily detected.

Most of these fake profiles boast the same text and grammatical errors that several of the testimonials do.

Testimonials

hi pof works gr8 I fond the most awesomenes guy her n he is sooo pfect thankz pof

Now we look at some of these profiles, which I have seen numerous of that look identical to each other.

hi my namez cynthz but u can call me cin i enjoy long walkz along beach lookin for honest man email me n I tell ya more

I havce actually seen the same profile words on many different members, only the photo and name change.

I am not complaining, I just don't message them.
 mrvietnam
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/26/2010 7:19:04 PM
I know why this site doesn't work (for most if not all)

Because most of the "female" here (if their profiles are even real...) are actually looking for Brad Pitt clones... Even the average girl are highly conceited for their own good. I read a lot of profiles with interesting description that makes them look like they're the nicest person on the face of mars but spend 1 hour writing something interesting for them just to have it unread and deleted will sting a bit.

Oh and what's with my picture rating having an average of 3 from female and 7 from male? wtf... im not gay but... cmon... wtf...
 justsomeoneelse
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/26/2010 9:07:17 PM
That depends, viwetnam. How many males voted on your photo, and how many females?
 Genuine_Gentleman_For_You
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/26/2010 9:44:08 PM
I totally agree with mrvietnam. That has also been my experience on here. You read their entire profile (which many women complain that men do not do), and find you both have a lot in common. And some of these women actually claim on their profiles to not care about looks. And that they want a guy who sames the same interests. You write a message about those things you both enjoy. And by doing that she knows you've actually read it. But only to find out that she's 'Read/Deleted' with no reply, or just 'Unread/Deleted'.

But of course it is all about looks. Which is understandable since we do want to be attracted to each other. But at least be honest about it. They should write on their profiles that they are looking for someone who shares their interests, but that the guy must also be male model material in order to receive a reply. And that would be fine. At least they were being honest about it.
 mrvietnam
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/26/2010 9:59:24 PM
justsomeoneelse well.. the average of about 3 girls and 2 guys...

genuinely cool yeah I know what you mean, there are certain girls that say like "if you don't think you got a chance then don't message me" those profile I like because I know for sure that they're shallow conceited waste of fresh air but the rest should definitely follow that line of example. It would not only make the success rate increasingly more accurate but also save time for people who are actually serious about something like looking for a potential partner.
 justsomeoneelse
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/27/2010 5:01:58 PM
Morning spoken for lol.

In a sense I partially agree with Vietnam and Genuinly. I mean yes, a woman does NOT have to reply if she chooses. However they should not state things in their profile such as "I am not shallow", "I don't go for looks" etc if this is not what is meant. This is the misleading information in which guys state their frustration - and understandably why.

I think if all profiles were merely honest, we would see a lot less ventilation in the forums
 PregnantLady
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/4/2010 10:54:01 AM
I've been with my husband that I met on this site for 3.5 years
 PregnantLady
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/5/2010 5:45:00 PM
Actually when we first met he was a clown for kids birthday parties...so not exactly big money.
 CynthiaMw
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/5/2010 9:57:10 PM
Womens expectaions are too high when they come on this site so as someone said if you're not a Brad Pitt clone forget it..

The only other chance is if you have loads of money. I would bet everything i have that the older guy that is married to smileforgzus on here is a wealthy man

Interesting. You posted on my testimonial thread so you've seen that my fishie is not a Brad Pitt clone (thank gawd - Brad aint nothing to write home about) and he's already posted on another thread (so I'm not saying anything he doesn't already admit) - I make more money than he does.

Oh, and I contacted him (although we continue to debate who pursued whom).

Think you need to find a new excuse.
 C2H5OH
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2010 7:58:16 PM
I'm not even looking for anything and I've met about a dozen women off here. :P
 Praetorian55
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2010 3:01:02 PM

I'm not even looking for anything and I've met about a dozen women off here.

What's your "bang" percentage about 60%? I figure at least 20% of the women gave it up the first date. 10% the second date and the final 30% gave it up the third or fourth date.

That's not bad ...7 new notches on the bed post.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > The site sucks , bottom line .