Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A Few Extra Pounds      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forthebeauty
Msg: 2
A Few Extra PoundsPage 1 of 82    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Tar I am only 5 ft as well and I have to say I scoped out ur pics and u dont look like u wiegh that much, u carry it well. I am slighlty overweight, I am not even sure of what I put in profile!!!! I do weigh about 30 pds more than I should for my height. Does that make me average or a few extra pounds?
 forthebeauty
Msg: 3
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/28/2004 8:42:25 PM
Like the new pics Tar and Vanni~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 forthebeauty
Msg: 4
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/28/2004 9:01:33 PM
Thanks lou

I just have to say that whether ur over weight or skinny as a bean pole, u r a human being, have feelings, and are very much aware of ur personal appearance.

I dont find it right for anyone to lie about it or judge those who are.
 catchmeifucan
Msg: 8
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/29/2004 8:51:27 AM
There is this time that i met a woman online (we are now very close and she calls me, probably would have had more hadn't it been for the geographical distance) anyway, i was very open with her about who i was. I sent her my pics and told her to send me hers, she took her time and soon i forgot about the pics. One day after long, i open my mail and i see this big lady (don't like using the word fat a lot) an am like , Christ!! i was disappointed at first of course coz all along i had drawn an image of how she would look like. However , i got over her body size like lightening, why, we started speaking on phone and boy, did she have a good inside. At first i didn't know whether to trust her but she apologised and told me that she feared at first because she had liked me and knew that i would judge her by weight.

So u can see, most times when you meet someone online, you are already unconciously biased about how you want her or him to look like, especially if you've clicked. When she doesn't come out in the right package at the end of the day, you are all hurt. This is either side, some men look at weight and so do women, but the question is, is this the only criteria of choice?

Brothers and sisters, personally i have long learnt to go passed looks, that episode taught me alot. I felt guilty afterwards because this girl accepted me the way i was but it's me who had inhibitions all along. Now, i don't care about weight or staff like that, it's the inside that i like, hope i don't sound like a priest here so any lady who thinks she is big but with a good heart, come to papa, i will take care of you
 forthebeauty
Msg: 9
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/29/2004 8:58:56 AM
Thank u Vanni for the compliment.

Thank u as well Jackson, but that pic was a couple of years ago, the others r recent.

I believe it all has to do with prefernce and to each his own, but there is no need to make a post, putting down what u dont happen to like. The lies shouldnt be there, but what can u do about it but accept it and move on NEXT
 DanielC
Msg: 14
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/29/2004 12:36:21 PM
im a little overweight and i dont find it to be a problem. I still get lots of compliments and i wouldnt want to be too skinny. i love my size and i feel like a man.
 descartes
Msg: 15
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/29/2004 1:26:13 PM
Personally I never let weight influence what I think about a person. I have friends of all shapes, and some of them have even varied in shape over time. :)

The only thing that another person's overweightness does to me is stifle the sex drive. But that is a separate issue from liking them or being friends with them. Life is enriched by all sorts of people, not just the ones you can play under the sheets with.

And to the man who can go all the way with his plump bedmate: more power to you. I secretly envy you, for you are a better man than I. :)
 Marcval56
Msg: 19
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/30/2004 11:50:51 AM
I look at it this way. A few extra pounds can be nice, but if it is 50 pounds then that is over what i like to see. Not that there is anything wrong with it. There are Men out there that like that. So tell the truth and look for the men that like big women. I can tell you right now if i got off the plane expecting to see a few extra pound and find 50. I will upgrade to first class to go home, right now. that was the first lie. oh no I am not going to see you for your inner beauty and get used to it. Shallow, Maybe. I don't think so.
 Marcval56
Msg: 20
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/30/2004 12:20:02 PM
you ever notice that overweight people always attack with the take people for what they are thing. I will.. i am not saying i don't like them as a person. But it not what i want for myself. this whole thing sarted out as a misrepresentaion of yourself and your weight. So why attack the guy.
 Marcval56
Msg: 21
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/30/2004 12:23:00 PM
here is another thing. I have a hairy chest and I am short. do you know how many won't date a short person with hair. Lucky I don't have it on my back. Cause most women are way more cruel when it comes to that than any guys is about a few extra pounds.
 Marcval56
Msg: 22
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/30/2004 8:34:22 PM
your are generalizing... we are not talking about We are the world or up with people. we are talking about people not telling the truth about what they weigh..Oh yeah yeah I know.. you should except them for what they are inside. You know it really isn't about heavy or thin. it is a personal thing.. I don't like the feel of a heavy body nor do i like the feel of bones. If i said i was 6 foot tall cause you said you want someone over 5'10 for your OWN personal reasons... and i showed up at your door a whopping 4 foot. I would expect you to be pissed
 DanielC
Msg: 23
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/30/2004 10:31:59 PM
If you are hungry then eat. Make sure it is non-fattning foods if you are overweight. If you are overweight then excersize. Thats all you have to do to stay slim and healthy. The question is "how bad do you want it?"
 aliona
Msg: 24
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/31/2004 2:10:57 AM
you jork

i got extra poodds
TOO
 Marcval56
Msg: 25
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/31/2004 7:22:24 AM
LOL you are all missing his point. Eat, Be fat. if that is what you like and I am sure there is a guy looking for that just as there is a guy looking for skin and bones. And no TV or any media did not make me decide what I like. We are not sheep. TV didn't make me like chicken over steak or camping over hotels. GOD...it is all a matter of persona; taste
 ExplorerMedic
Msg: 27
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/31/2004 1:29:00 PM
marcval56, Hi Bro ! Wanna join a virtual Cavalry Troop ?
 indigorose33
Msg: 33
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/4/2004 2:04:35 PM
yea.. maybe women lie some about weight
( I enjoy lying about my age personally.. smile )....men lie about size...he heh...no don't go there ..they lie about their height ! I am five seven and when I wear heels I tower over these guys who "are five nine" so what you got to say to that handsome mysticalman???
 klm1953
Msg: 34
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/4/2004 7:31:29 PM
hi

>I am kalim FROM BANGLADESH. i am civil engr.. govt. serviceholder. i
>am simple,sincere,hardy,straight & romantic. i want to make
>friendship.
>I live in dhaka. but my job at Rangamati 360 km from dhaka..I am
>working at rangamati irrigation project as project engineer,I hope u
>will send me your cute open photos.
>
>pls. mail me. kalim_777@yahoo.com
>thanks.

kalim

kalim_999@hotmail.com
 evanevan6
Msg: 37
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/4/2004 8:38:16 PM
2 things:
1: People have different frames- heavier or lighter bones.
I have light bones (I know it for a fact because I've broken a bunch of them)
It makes me about 10 lbs lighter than normal. Even when I was working out
heavily and I looked real good, but could never get much over 140 at 5'9".
My friend M was 5'10" had a real large heavy bone frame and I was amazed to
find that he was like 210.

2. We are in America, the Fattest Country in the world. I translate
Thin Slim = really in shape.
Athletic = in shape but a bigger framed or athletic person who is aable to carry
the extra size without looking fat.
AVERAGE = because we are in America is 10-20 lbs overweight
A few extra lbs = Usually means fat but sometimes women are honest about it.
BBW = unbelieveably large

AND there are exceptions due to localized perception.
Some women whos ideal in their mind is Model thin may list themselve as
Average of a few lbs over and really they aren't carrying more than 6 lbs of
exra fat.
I have noticed that some women who obviuosly grew up in a family of really large BBW women, will list themselves as average- AND TO THEM THEY ARE because they are so much less fat than their peers and relative. But to most of us they would be considered
a few lbs overweight.
That's why I like to get a picture. Sometimes a woman has such a pretty face
that it easily over-rides a few extra lbs. Some women may not be really pretty,
but work out 5 times a week and have a body-to-die-for.
It all depends. People have their turn-ons and turn-offs.
Evan
 evanevan6
Msg: 38
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/4/2004 8:45:14 PM
Oh Boy did you say a mouthful!!!!
WHen you finally get to know a person and decide or feel
that you like them alot, them the differnces in them
become like "signatures" that to you- mean the person you like.
But even the prettiest person who you have found out is a lying, cheating,
no good, lowdown piece of filth- seeing their formerly beautiful face is like
seeing godzilla in your mind.
Evan
 blondago56
Msg: 43
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/6/2004 9:13:29 AM
hi there! , the description in "the system" goes from "average" to "a little overweight"...
honestly i change it back & forth sometimes...(am i a dork or what?!) ok i confess, i am 23 lbs overweight, according to the charts, tables, co-workers, etc...

what to do?
accept the other person for who they are or not, and be supportive ; that's what....

Later,
Blondago56/mary m.
 whitebirch
Msg: 44
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/6/2004 12:30:26 PM
mysticalman4u

As I said at the start of this thread too many women say a few extra pounds, when in fact if they are 5ft 0inches, 150 pounds isn't a few extra pounds, it's a lot of extra pounds for their height, so why not be honest and say so at the start, in one's profile. In my personal opinion a few extra pounds could be between 5 and 20 pounds even for a woman of five feet that's not the end of the world, but fifty pounds would be in excess as far as I am concerned.

it seems like you think that 5' is the starting point, & 5' = 100 lbs. or something.
hate to tell ya, but 5' very rarely = 100 lbs. (unless she's 12)

i'm 5'2" & i look my best at 135. i was at that point a few months back, but due to blood pressure meds, etc., my weight fluctuated by like 10 lbs. - perfectly normal for me to go up from 135 to 145-150. from your posts, you'd have me carrying around REALLY A LOT OF EXCESS WEIGHT when it simply isn't the case.

yeah, yeah...it's all about being honest, isn't it? well, women's weight changes quite a lot, & one week you can be average, & the next a few extra #s & so on...

i did like how someone pointed out that they hope you don't end up with someone who gains a little weight later on, cuz that does seem to be what happens - in general - to most people. unless of course you're a little weasel. some people don't gain weight no matter what. *shrugs* seems unfair. all this talk of dieting & how you just have to eat right, exercise, etc., makes me laugh... it's so much deeper than all of that. not even worth going into. i know the women who've had varying weights will know what i'm talking about, so .. uh .. "nuff said."

this is very entertaining, to say the least...
 whitebirch
Msg: 45
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/6/2004 12:34:10 PM
note: that first paragraph above was mystakableman4u's quote...just wanted to point that out
 ramcharger
Msg: 47
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/7/2004 10:02:37 AM
You Rock girl!! Way to go!!!!!!
My best friend has lost an entire person, 142 lbs, and he is happier than ever so for those who peel off the padding, you ROCK!
Some of us are big folks period, I have lo laugh at the charts that say what a fat guy is, I'm 6'4 and according to the "Chart" I should weigh 225 lbs, now I tip the scales at 262, but I can lift 300+ almost made 400 lbs. If I weighed 220 lbs I wouldnt be able to lift close to that. It all depends on your build and I would take a woman with a lil padding over some skinny thing any day!
 Tom38
Msg: 52
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/7/2004 11:18:44 PM
Why is it ok for women to judge men by how tall they are and how much money they make, but if a man makes any kind of judgement about a woman he's a "pig" or "jerk"?
 rockarollawoman
Msg: 56
giggleparts you slay me..
Posted: 11/8/2004 12:37:29 PM

i swear (all the time btw), people are so shallow. one of my most serious relationships was with a man that was very overweight and i have found the more BUFF they are, the more FLUFF they are. lots of bs.

being a skinny chick, i also find just the same problem though, too, lots of guys as well as women criticize me for being slender. i'm so sick of the skinny jokes. i'm weight proportionate and i wish people would see others for their personality, not the bod thing first. that's why i won't alter a thing nature gave me. if people don't like me the way i am to hell with them. i wouldn't give them the honor of kissing my sweet tiny tight ass! (that's a dig for all those who want chicks with a j-lo butt - j-lo can keep her butt, i don't want it. i'm happy with my own thank you very much)

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A Few Extra Pounds