Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > No sex before marriage      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jrj_paladin
Msg: 1
No sex before marriagePage 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Does any one else agree with no sex before marriage or am I the only one who think that this is a good idea????????????????????????????
 jrj_paladin
Msg: 2
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/15/2005 5:40:56 PM
Well I was raise to save it for marriage and I am dedicated to that.
 ¤°§åüçêy§oul§pinr°¤
Msg: 3
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/15/2005 8:46:13 PM
WELL I HOPE YOU TEST DRIVE YOUR CAR BEFORE YOU BUY IT BOI!
 knight in tarnished armor
Msg: 4
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/16/2005 5:41:14 AM
no sex before marriage!!!!
well since i blew that idea all to hell might as well just keep things the way they are. kudos to those who wait though..i think its ok to wait for the right person.but then again i am 37 and haven't found the "right" person. gawd.if i waited till i was married i might be tempted to check myself into a nice room at the asylum..
 Pandy
Msg: 5
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/16/2005 6:03:39 AM

jrj.....In today's society, it's all about instant gratification .....the "I gotta have it now!" mentalality...If not having sex before you are married is something you firmly believe in, stand by your convictions and don't worry what other people think.

absolutely! If your religious principles are such that you are going to feel like a failure for having had premarital sex, then by all means stick to your own personal code of morality.
At the end of the day it's YOU who is your final moral judge.
 mikelgreco
Msg: 6
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/16/2005 7:29:19 AM
Another reason why religion has failed me! If I allowed my faith to keep me from getting laid, and NOT to enjoy sex with multi partners before I pick "the one" then there is something wrong with "religion" in general.

Sorry, I didn't want to bring that up...but I think it's just silly NOT to explore your sexuality before you stay with one person.

-michael
 mycorosso
Msg: 7
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/16/2005 11:28:36 AM
Well technically whomever One marries they haven't had sex with forever. And if soul mates exist and the recognition is there it is time for sex. Marrriage is in the soul and put on paper for the week and hopelessly romantic. Or perhaps the worst business minded folks. [IMO]
 BchBumDad
Msg: 8
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/16/2005 11:59:04 AM
I firmly believe in not sex before marriage..... I'm still waiting, just ask my kids.....
 jrj_paladin
Msg: 9
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/16/2005 9:40:10 PM
Ok now I never said it was a religious matter and no I was not sent by a pastor I just belive in this so call "garbage". Sorry I didn't mean to get on anyones nerves just asked a simple question and puting a question I asked about sex and not religion really gave me no piont in puting it there.
 luvinlittleyellowjacket
Msg: 10
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/17/2005 2:46:25 PM

but later don't complain if you don't like what you got cause you never gave it a test run

leave it to you girl...
 TonyC1965
Msg: 11
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/17/2005 4:56:00 PM
WebDiva, I totally agree with you. Kids don't always take after their parents beliefs or lifestyles. My kids go to church 3 times a week, while myself ( I am ashamed to admit it) can't remember the last time I went to church!!! I have 2 teenage girls and a 21 yr old. All virgins and none dating....(yet)
I encourge them to have independent thinking, and express themselves. So far, they have all choose to no sex before marriage. I wish I knew where they got that idea from. I can tell you it wasn't from me!!!
 BuzWeaver
Msg: 12
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/17/2005 6:35:02 PM

No sex before marriage--oh damn NOW you tell me...

Oops!

I believe they are correcting that with surgery now, or I should say they can correct a part of it with surgery.
 jrj_paladin
Msg: 13
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/17/2005 9:25:42 PM
Thank you, You guys are the first to agree I can't belive how many people hate me because I do this.
 WeekendHuntressKatelynn21
Msg: 14
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/17/2005 9:28:16 PM
I respect thier wishes if that is what they choose..
But in a
Okay.. I am moving on then..
sort of way..

Although I have never met anyone that has declared this as thier way of life..

Katelynn
 DanQuixote
Msg: 15
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/17/2005 9:30:14 PM

Does any one else agree with no sex before marriage or am I the only one who think that this is a good idea????????????????????????????

I not only think it's not a good idea; I think a person's gotta be nutz to think they should get married without finding out if they're sexually compatible first.
 TonyC1965
Msg: 16
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/18/2005 4:14:37 PM
t,d and h, did you know that you don't have to be a christian to have morals and strong convictions? Face it, not everyone will agree on everything. The only thing that most of us want is for others to respect our decision in life. After all, our feelings in no way can possibly affect anything in your life. Let go of the hate.
 Dreoth
Msg: 17
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/18/2005 4:51:25 PM
I'm against the idea personally. I don't have any religious or conservative upbringing either. I was brought up with a rather open mind, and have developed into a rather sensual person. Before I would commit to something like marriage, I would have to be sure I'm compatible on all levels... Mental, physical, emotional, sexual, etc. Just my opinion though...
 Pandy
Msg: 18
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/18/2005 8:49:34 PM

Ah yes, my freedom of right and speech was once again violated but oh well so be it, i can register a site and list them there.

Keep in mind that these fora are not a democracy. They are not for the people by the people , they are privately owned and operated. We are all guests of Administration and should keep that in mind. There are rules in place that must be followed to keep the forums running smoothly. Anyone who has a problem with that is free to find a site more to their liking.

If you have any complaints in future, please take them up with admin or moderation in email, or post on the suggestions forum. Such comments are off topic in sex and dating.

Pandy/moderator
 Pandy
Msg: 19
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/18/2005 8:58:07 PM
No sex before marriage is one of those ideas that sounds good on paper.....and I agree with someone else....it probably didn't make any difference when people were marrying at 14 and 15......but these days , it's in a person's best interests to go to college and start a career before thinking about marriage and family. That puts the average person at around 25...way beyond the time that a normal healthy individual should have been sexually active.

I have teen daughters.....while I don't like the idea of some grubby little azzhole's hands all over them even when they're thirty, I don't encourage them to wait for marriage....I encourage them to wait for their own desires.

I have taught them to never use their sexuality to buy approval or affection, or to gain envy from peers, etc. That sex is something they should participate in when they are ready and when it means something special to them.

What "get married before you have sex" translates into in the bible belt is getting married to the first chucklehead you get the hots for and spending the rest of your life living hand to mouth because you you had kids when you were teens/early twenties and don't have the education level to command a decent paying job.

Screw that....I'd much rather my daughters did a hot fling (practising safe sex of course)when they felt the need and finished their educations before settling down so they'll have a shot at a decent future.
 woodrow9876
Msg: 20
view profile
History
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/18/2005 10:29:17 PM
I'm all for no sex before marriage, for other people who want to do that. I think it's a fine choice and you go ahead and do what's right for you.

Of course, what that means is that you need to decide if that's something you need from your partner. If they need to be a virgin too? Well, you're what? 21? Find 'em quick...the numbers are already dwindling.

You're also obviously religious which is fine. For you, and I assume for your presumed partner. But what you should decide has nothing to do with your sexual habits (let's face it, you go more than a couple degrees of separation into evangelical preachers or roman catholic priests and you're so far into sexual deviancy, it makes the groupie clusterf*ck at a G'n'R concert look like the Walton's family reunion show).

What you want is a good Christian girl who SAYS she's saved it. (wink wink). Trust me, you won't know, she won't tell ya, and it won't make a difference unless there's some really awkward moment in the local A&P when she bumps into someone who's curious as to what happened since she walked off with those four guys at that amazing beach party with the quarter of hash and the monkey skull bong...

Then you date a while...and you two decide if THAT'S what you want to do together...then forever and ever, amen.

But you guys just play it by ear and whatever you two decide is just fine. Maybe you two DO want to try 'it' but then just keep it secret (use a rubber). But please remember, you're not sinning. No one goes to hell because they dip their wick. At the worst, they just go to the clinic (use a rubber).
 jrj_paladin
Msg: 21
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/20/2005 7:52:37 PM
Well you sound like I said I'm looking for a virgin but I'm not just someone who will respect that ( yes she might have done it in the past but that wouldn't make me hate her). I do it cuz I'm dedicatied to what I belive in. and thank you
 viceguy2
Msg: 22
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/26/2005 5:21:27 PM

Nope.............bad idea.....better to jump in da bed and go for it then you will know if your compatible or not sexually...why wait.....I don't see the point Actually test drive the sex thingy a few times.
I think bad sex in a marraige is one doomed for failer... why wait......

I disagree..When the act is expressed in the manner it was intended for, then there is no such thing as bad sex between a married couple expressing their love for each other in the most intimate way...

What "get married before you have sex" translates into in the bible belt is getting married to the first chucklehead you get the hots for and spending the rest of your life living hand to mouth because you you had kids when you were teens/early twenties and don't have the education level to command a decent paying job.

A gross mistranslation
 viceguy2
Msg: 23
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/26/2005 5:38:33 PM

I can't belive how many people hate me because I do this."

Oooh, here's a thought.....why do you do it then? I thought your pastor didn't send you? Perhaps is was Jeebus himself who spoke to you in a dream?
I just wandered inadvertently into your part of the forums and I was horrified...no wonder you can't stand to post this stuff in there.

Tell you what, Christians keep posting their judgemental hypocrisies in here and I'll make a habit of coming to visit you in the Religion section....deal?

Stupid quote of the day

O.T..Im not sure why u feel people hate you unless you've been personally attacked by your decision to take the more courageous stand on this issue. If you have been, contact an adminstrator as this behavior is not tolerated in these forums..
 viceguy2
Msg: 24
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/26/2005 5:47:18 PM

^^^^ I have to disagree with you...I think that if someone has decided to make that commitment to their god, then that is their own choice. Even if this means waiting until they are 28 to have sex...I think that even though it may very well be painful and not pleasurable, just KNOWING that you have saved yourself for that one person holds its own level of pleasure and emotion.

I am not saying that this is right for everyone, I am just saying that if someone makes this choice, who am I to judge their decision just because I didn't make that same decision?

There were times that I wished that I had waited to lose my virginity till my night of marriage, but now I am sure glad that I didn't because my now exhusband did not deserve my virginity the way that my first boyfriend did.

Jenn

Great post....

Furthermore, to compare this to an appliance or car sale is ridiculous..

Im Vice, Im out
 JentleJiantJim
Msg: 25
view profile
History
No sex before marriage
Posted: 7/26/2005 6:28:35 PM
I couldn't do it...I love women, and all the things they do, and all the things they like having done...and...where is the cold shower emoticon?
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > No sex before marriage