Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Life is a journey.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CMonster
Msg: 2
Life is a journey.....Page 1 of 1    
Remarkably some people experience huge challenges and significant losses and somehow they come out of it better or stronger.

Remarkably? But couldn't that be the simplest purpose of life itself; living, learning and growing?
 happygal_28
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Life is a journey.....
Posted: 4/2/2010 10:06:15 AM
Some great and funny responses here already...

I have to agree with Colt that finding your passion changes everything. It took me MANY years of feeling that there was "something more" before circumstances which I initially found to be extremely painful and difficult led me in a direction I never dreamed possible at the time. Having found MY passion brings me joy every day. Actually my passion found ME when I gave up trying to direct my destiny and just "gave it over to the universe" so to speak. . Sometimes just getting to your next breath is about all you can manage...

I have to say I am now loving and fully enjoying (most of) this journey but its beginning was very rocky and a lifelong battle with clinical depression starting in my very early teens had me believing that the journey sucked and I just wanted it DONE. Now my life experience is a hugely valuable tool in the work I do every day and I can use it to support other people so to me it was worth it. Knowing what I know now, I would do the same all over again to get to this place I am now (and I NEVER believed I could feel this way!)

I agree with pisceseyes that the human psyche is truly an amazing thing!

Check out the thread on visualization. I didn't realize it at the time but when I joined here, I named myself happygal because I wanted to go in that direction. And here I am!
 happygal_28
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Life is a journey.....
Posted: 4/2/2010 6:47:57 PM
Bigfoot has made it to Florida??? Wow - I thought he was in BC...at least that's what I read when I was a kid...I guess he is on a journey too!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Life is a journey.....