Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Volcanic Ash and it's Consequences      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oggers
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Volcanic Ash and it's ConsequencesPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Airlines have got billions in the bank, they can easy pay the workers.

Of course they have, thats why they are all going bust ............
 Jo van
Msg: 8
Volcanic Ash and it's Consequences
Posted: 4/19/2010 5:18:00 AM
I saw on the news a vulcanologist (Spock?) saying it could be like this for a month, and as others have said there's the other one, that's even bigger, that can 'go-off' as a chain reaction.

They have sent a couple of aircraft carriers to evacuate people, and they are both currently 'steaming' south. (They still use that word!)

I'm surprised the Tories haven't blamed the government yet.....

Cargy.
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2010 6:04:50 AM
Oh good grief, this has to be the dullest man alive

He'd have to be the second-dullest. Surely the camera guy was duller!

I know the level of ash has gone down in my vicinity, but I think that might be cos I quit smoking last week!
 Strider886
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2010 8:12:12 AM
Do you think that the thought of all the money lost, will drive the powers that be to risk putting flights back on, over the value of human lives?

They won't take any such risk, the threat of legal action against them for the deaths of passengers would easily lead to costs far exceeding their gross annual profits.......
It does come down to money, but the losses they make by grounding aircraft are but a drop in the ocean by comparison.
 Jo van
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/20/2010 10:49:11 AM
Even when (/if?) flights resume, all the planes and crews are also "out of position".
So they're saying it will take some time before things could return to normal.

I do like to see the wall-to-wall blue skies over my house,
and it's lovely and quiet....
I don't think I've seen a sky free of "con-trails" since I was a lad,
but it was all horses and carts then....
 Cargy.
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2010 1:44:42 AM
I think this matter is far more serious than many of you realise.

**gravely** It's made my car so dirty that I actually have to go out there and clean it.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Volcanic Ash and it's Consequences