Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Ar some things wrong no matter how you dress it up?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ibakecakes
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Ar some things wrong no matter how you dress it up?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2954310/Gran-and-grandson-to-have-baby.html

An american woman has met her long lost grandson and fallen in love with him and they are now set to have a baby by a surrogate.
Forgive me but there is no way that this sits right with me................for a start, she is old enough to be his granny - oh yes, that's because she IS his granny.....number 2, it is incest and there must be many many reasons why these relationships are made illegal......number 458, before not too many years, he will be left looking after his son/daughter all alone, who will probably have 2 heads and 4 arms................is there anyone here that can see reason behind this?????
 Cargy.
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Ar some things wrong no matter how you dress it up?
Posted: 4/30/2010 5:29:36 AM
Surely that's just an ordinary everyday redneck family?!!
 Strider886
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2010 5:41:14 AM
Who takes anything the Sun "newspaper" says seriously? I swear the paper is commissioned by some unknown power to keep us stupid.....
 Cargy.
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2010 6:05:23 AM
Brothers and sisters, I have none, but this man's father is...

...Also his son in law!
 Lorri55
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2010 10:56:56 AM
Yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even as I type this I know that I will be told that messages this short will not be allowed....it beggars belief really does it not?
 try1more
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2010 2:33:40 PM
CB962

i think friendly already made her opinion pretty clear that she doesnt agree with it just looking at it objectively instead of from a personal view as others have done.

cant imagine me and my granny i'd need a shovel to start with
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2010 3:41:56 PM

Quite simply - It doesn't hurt me, it doesn't hurt anyone else = none of my business. Why the hell should I care?

I read this post and was initially incredulous at the callousness. However, after thinking about it, I agree, the protagonists wont affect me, wont hurt me, why should I spend another moment thinking about their situation?

I should, actually, because of the child to be born... how about him or her? Or do we look the other way and let live and let live... I cannot imagine that child's life.
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2010 3:59:40 PM

Your kind of self rightious attitude is what transpires when 'people' think they have the rightto interfere in other people's business.

Wooooh calm down..... show me the bit where I was self righteous or where I condemned or where I wanted to interfere...

I didnt say I wanted to interfere I actually said 'I cannot imagine that child's life' after agreeing with your stance...

The overwhelming opinion on this board appears to be that it is OK because they are 'rednecks'.... do they, or you or I know that is fact....? Errr.... No!!

I still say What About The Child? when his/her peers find out about his/her parents....
 Jo van
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/3/2010 11:05:22 AM

The overwhelming opinion on this board appears to be that it is OK because they are 'rednecks'.... do they, or you or I know that is fact....? Errr.... No!!

Even the hillbillies don't normally behave this way. Are any of the couples mentioned on this thread from a compound in Utah? Just wondering...

That's odd, because I assumed they must be part of the extended royal family....
 NarcissusTemple
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/10/2010 11:35:44 PM
Incest is nothing new for Americans and this story is hardly shocking to U.S citizens as they should be immune to their freaky people by now. Just watch shit like Jerry Springer to see how things like incest are glamorised over there. Only people outside of that country can be disgusted at such sickening and creepy behaviour by those people.

I was trying to come up with something clever and snarky as a reply to this--maybe tie it to British Petroleum somehow.
Then I thought of Octomom, George W. Bush, and the "Birthers."
So I decided to keep my yap shut.

Now excuse me while I return to bonking my brother.
 oggers
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2010 12:22:11 AM
Why are we so exorcised about this ...??

We ARE talking about Americans after all, why are we so surprised...?

We ARE also talking about an article in The Sun, which as we all know is a well respected, well researched journal upon which we can rely to tell the truth ....
 NarcissusTemple
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/11/2010 1:30:39 PM

We ARE talking about Americans after all

I feel so enlightened now, knowing that we Americans have a monopoly on aberrant behavior.
I'm as repulsed by the snobbery in this thread as the snobs are repulsed by this story.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Ar some things wrong no matter how you dress it up?