Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > the I Love You      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DragNFlyBuzzez
Msg: 2
view profile
History
the I Love YouPage 1 of 1    
1 month of bliss...............great for you little lady!!!! I don't know your age , but

Many men do not toss that word around easily, I would enjoy what you have, embrace it, its only a month, if you want to keep your relationship alive, I would not push for the words YOU want to hear. Actions speak louder than words!!!

Good luck to you, may your relationship last your lifetime!!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 4
the I Love You
Posted: 5/1/2010 9:29:22 AM
I think this depends on the person. I'd hate to hear I love you in the first six months, and I've been known to go a year and a half without saying it myself. So the time table varies with each couple....

However I think it's early enough where it's ok not to have heard it yet. If you were dating a year, I'd question it. So long as he's showing you love - it doesn't matter so much that he's not saying it.

You want him to say it when it's the truth and he really means it (and he feels ok with saying it). When that is can't be measured - everyone's different.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 5
view profile
History
the I Love You
Posted: 5/1/2010 9:58:19 AM
A case of nerves, and ensuing over-think. I agree with "actions, not words." I would recommend AGAINST "go first," only because you are likely with the way you are writng here, to say it in a way that makes him nervous.
"I love when you do that, I love when you wear that, I love this and that in you" are all, in my experience, much more valuable and significant than straight "I love you," because it indicates the person LIKES SPENDING TIME WITH YOU. That's way more important than being IN LOVE.
 JP1111
Msg: 11
the I Love You
Posted: 5/1/2010 11:56:16 AM
There is no “right time” to say the “I love you” except when you feel the time is right and NOT where the other person says it first. So if you feel as though you do love him, tell him.

It's the same thing with the “when should I get married?”. Again, there is no “right time” since, you do it when the time feels right!
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 12
view profile
History
the I Love You
Posted: 5/1/2010 12:18:51 PM
you want the cart to be before the horse, it seems like. like the exchange of 'i love yous' is like throwing a switch that allows you to believe the romantic bliss fantasy has become reality, maybe?

statements like 'i love you' result from feelings, not vice versa. him saying he loves you, or you him, guarantees nothing about the relationship.

as others have said, when you truly feel it is when you say it. if you see 'i love you' as some kind of quid pro quo element, you're asking for trouble. that is, if you want so badly to hear him say 'i love you,' and you think he'll 'owe' it to you if you say it first.

you're still in the honeymoon period, with the sex endorphins running like spring melt. it's easy to mistake how good your body feels for love. check in with yourself in six months or so and see where you stand emotionally.
 ICMUD
Msg: 19
view profile
History
the I Love You
Posted: 5/3/2010 4:58:10 AM
dont you dare do the I LOVE YOU for at least 6 years ok..

if he does it before then DUMP the dude
 B Bear
Msg: 21
the I Love You
Posted: 5/3/2010 4:13:05 PM
That word scares people! Some use it easily some never use it. The word means nothing! The feelings, thoughts and actions are what make it a reality. If you feel it and feel it from him. Just be happy that you found it and enjoy your time together.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > the I Love You