Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > New feature - filtering users who may break up with you???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mon Cherie
Msg: 1
New feature - filtering users who may break up with you???Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)

The average person on this site has about 1000 people they could date with in a reasonable distance. To make your search easier on this page we only show you men whose income is equal to yours or higher (In only 5% of relationships is a woman's income significantly higher than a mans). We also take into account all your messaging restrictions and we filter users you would most likely break up with if you did enter into a relationship.

I just saw the above when I clicked on 'my matches' after I noticed a thread about it in the Alberta forums so I figure it is ok to talk about it here.

What do you all think of this new feature?
 4ms4me
Msg: 2
view profile
History
New feature - filtering users who may break up with you???
Posted: 5/1/2010 6:09:15 PM
Given the above, my guy and I would never have met - yet, we seem to get along pretty fine. E-ha uses 29 whatevers for compatibility match, and people don't seem to have any better luck than they do on any other dating site - all the same complaints about dates and non-compatiblity.

The idea that some stranger using programming can decide who I'm compatible with or who I'm gonna break up with is a seriously whacked notion, as far as I'm concerned.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/1/2010 7:04:33 PM
^^^^^I agree.

There are far too many variables involved to be able to figure out relationships by binary code.
 ClassC
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2010 9:34:02 PM
oh my, oh my...this is all going sideways, isn't it?
I still want the link to Forums returned to mainpage.
oops...off-topic...
this new feature?...oh, I am going to be so lucky when he finds me a match
using the new and improved parameters...
 Walts
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/2/2010 5:01:44 AM

We also take into account all your messaging restrictions and we filter users you would most likely break up with if you did enter into a relationship.

It's good to know somebody is worried about me "" IF"" I actually entered a relationship.

Wouldn't it prudent for those "in the know" to actually "increase" the possibilities for us,,,,instead of "decreasing" our choices with features that should be irrelevant to a "true" relationship????????
 Ed Bear
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2010 12:40:59 AM
So - at last we get our first hint at how "income" is used!
ED BEAR
 Ed Bear
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2010 12:49:33 AM
When I try Rating New/All Photos, and select Men and Women, I can see 120 or even 200 photos of males before I see a woman's photo. It's a lot harder to attract women to a dating site than men. I guess BigFish thinks he can attract more women by promising them they'll never meet a guy who makes less than they do... unless they're liars, of course. And, like, we all know that men never lie and all women are gold-diggers.

It's his business, but it saddens me to see that sort of thinking in the person who runs and rules our meeting place.
ED BEAR
 velopedian
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2010 9:37:29 PM
after reading the op, i checked the "my matches" page... am i the only one who noticed the difference?

The average person on this site has about 1000 people they could date with in a reasonable distance. To make your search easier on this page we only show you women you would most likely enter into a relationship with. We also take into account all your messaging restrictions and we filter users you would most likely break up with if you did enter into a relationship.

The average person on this site has about 1000 people they could date with in a reasonable distance. To make your search easier on this page we only show you men whose income is equal to yours or higher (In only 5% of relationships is a woman's income significantly higher than a mans). We also take into account all your messaging restrictions and we filter users you would most likely break up with if you did enter into a relationship.
 Mon Cherie
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/21/2010 10:22:40 PM
^^^I didn't see your comment until I mentioned this in another thread about "My Matches". I find this absurd.
 ClassC
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2010 8:30:39 AM
ohhhhhhh.........good oneML1^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nobel Prize(sp)... (((my ocd atcha, hon!)

and HOW LONG have we known BigFish is outta touch with reality?????????

I agree that the tadpoles,( and some have even grown up into Frogs)
ya gotta put yer *Hootchie* out ta fish with...
are NOT the same fishie ya wanna smoochie with...
but gee...filtering???

I've been asking for a simple thing...send me some canadians...
CUZ i LIVE IN cANADA...
NOT in the US of A.........
PUT THAT in as a filter...HUNH?????????!!!!!!!!

it must be the ozone depletion of the penthouse the guy livz in...something has been filtering our meeting site...and it's not all common sense, that's fer sher!!!!!!!
luv y'all
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > New feature - filtering users who may break up with you???