Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The recent Times Square bombing incident - Terrorism ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Double Cabin
Msg: 3
view profile
History
The recent Times Square bombing incident - Terrorism ? Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
What could any terrorist possibly hope to acomplish by reigniting unified American resolve against the Muslim world? Do any of us really think the reason we haven't had another catstrophic terrorist attack is because we were made more secure? You don't think someone could have blown up a bridge or a train station by now?
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 4
view profile
History
The recent Times Square bombing incident - Terrorism ?
Posted: 5/3/2010 9:24:03 PM

A Person of Interest is being sought...

It sounds like they are looking for a banker.
 nipoleon
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2010 3:28:54 AM
Anybody with average intelligence and enough willingness can learn how and build a very impressive bomb.
We may have entered a new era, where public bombings become the fashionable trend of unstable individuals to strike out a society for real or imagined ills. It's not nearly as dramatic as the public shootout, but there is a better chance of admiring your work as it's played out over and over on the news. Also, you get the proud distinction of being labeled a " terrorist " until it's discovered you're just a wack0 citizen .

Sooner or later some nit-wit is going to be successful and a lot of people will get killed. Then somebody else will do it, and somebody else and so on. The only practical way to prevent it would be to put the whole country on a lock down status tighter than the old Soviet Union.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2010 1:41:29 PM

He was just a regular guy who was annoyed at the tea party, talk radio and fox news. There, we can lay blame now.

Actually, the SUV was parked just outside the Viacom offices. Guess which station Viacom is the parent company of? Yup, Comedy Central. Guess which show Comedy Central airs? Yup, Southpark. 2+2=4

~ds~
 DameWrite
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2010 3:19:08 PM
..I don't think he's a right wing extremist, although he may listen and use some of their arguments due to his mental problems ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
LMAO. This explains a lot.
 digitalriot
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/4/2010 5:52:35 PM
..faisal shahzad is a registered democrat and the SUV had an obama sticker on it what are your "thoughts" now?.........
 digitalriot
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/4/2010 6:20:57 PM
Fact: faisal shahzad is a registered democrat.

...what are your thoughts now?
 Abby156
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2010 6:22:02 PM
He bought the SUV from a lady, pretty sure the Obama sticker was placed on by her. Latest news I have heard on CNN is that he admitted trying to cause an explosion.
 digitalriot
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/4/2010 7:10:40 PM
...another registered democrat and avid obama supporter dr. amy bishop left 3 dead and 3 wounded on a campus shooting because she was denied tenure. in fact, the case sparked renewed interest in a 24-year-old cold case involving the death of her brother....

AND, as it appears if anyone read the misguided "manifesto" left by Joseph Stack, the guy who flew his plane into a federal building recently, to the end, you will find out all you needed to know about where this other disturbed persons allegiance really lay (and I quote):

"The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed."

...would that be coming from the playbook of a conservative? or from the playbook of Obama and the so-called progressive movement?........

...i digress, what are your thoughts now?
 lateā„¢
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/4/2010 9:35:13 PM
What next ? A Ryder truck filled with 3,000 gallons of Coke and 300 pounds of Mentos ?

I am reminded that it's a good thing that the FLQ were disbanded.

That anyone could have "trained" this guy is simply unbelievable to me.

You're right, unless the Terrorist Training Camps have a version of the, 'let's get the new guy trick': "Okay okay... let's send him to the hardware store for (snicker) .... striped paint, bwa ha ha haaah *cough cough*"

Not bloody likely
 DameWrite
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2010 11:47:07 AM
O.K. out on a limb I go...
How about the C.I.A. hired some shmuck as a fall guy to start a campaign against Pakistan?
One of the biggest threats to nuclear war according to some is the fight between Pakistan and India.
Could this be (another?) mission to create hatred and get the public's support to invade?
...and yes, I know it's a conspiracy theory.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2010 11:59:39 AM

...and yes, I know it's a conspiracy theory.

...and just as plausible as the rest of them.
 zipdy
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/8/2010 9:20:53 PM
my thoughts are the same as Franklin Graham who said that Islam is evil. i agree. the "join us or we'll kill you" religion isn't going to let up at any time.
this BS will go on until we can pull ourselves away from dependecy on oil and maybe dry up their wallet a little. even then they'll still try crap like this Times Square idiot.
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/9/2010 10:45:16 AM
Who writes terrorist's scripts, Hollywood?
How many movies do you remember ended like this?

The bad guy with a weapon near the end of the movie corner the good guy with no weapon.
We, viewers, are shocked , this may be the end of the good guy. Suddenly, out of no where
we hear a shot killing the bad guy, the shot comes from a jilted lover of the bad guy,
or an injured bad guy suddenly decided to do the right thing. End of the movie.

Or

A girl near the end of the movie, boards a plane about to leave the country (Friend's Rachel, anyone?)
Suddenly the guy realizes 'this is the girl' for him and runs to the airport, or even
runs after the moving plane screaming. The girl sees it and throws tantrum to stop the plane.
We audience breathe a sigh of relief. The happy couple reunite. End of the movie.

Now we have a 'terrorist' boards a plane, about to leave the country. We, public, about to give up all hopes of catching
the bad guy. Suddenly, at the last moment, FBI appears and arrest the terrorist, we breathe a sigh of relief.

Man, CIA can sell these scripts to Hollywood to make a few extra bucks for their covert operations.
 whiskeypapa
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/9/2010 8:08:32 PM
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

So we are to believe a man with two degrees and five months training with the TTP who are fighting the worlds best trained and equipted soldiers to a standstill still could not build an explosive device.

Has anyone noticed he actually found, not one but two, parking spaces in Times Square.
 zipdy
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/18/2010 8:26:59 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^

i was thinking along the same lines.

i wonder how many times he had to drive around in a circle to get that spot????
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The recent Times Square bombing incident - Terrorism ?