Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does this mean anything?????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Does this mean anything?????Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

One of my friends claims this means he engages in gay sex. Really????

If you do a thread search you will find there are some people who use enemas for anal sex. This does not have to be for gay sex.

As the first post said maybe he just has a medical issue he needs them for.
 Kimberish925
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Does this mean anything?????
Posted: 5/11/2010 6:28:37 PM
^^^^^sweetness that was way too funny....tears are streaming down my face.

I'm not sure that I wouldn't have asked what was up, yet the though of trying to keep a straight face while doing so just starts me laughing again.

I'm sure he has his reasons and most likely they are harmless or silly. Then again he could play for the other team. Oh well...at least he is squeaky clean.
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2010 8:03:36 PM
^^^^^YW. It was easier to copy the definition but I unfortunately already knew what they are. I vaguely remember using one before having a medical procedure one time. I was quite young and don't recall any details but I know it was painful. I think it was when having a flexible sigmoidoscopy. Why any one would choose to use an enema for sexual reasons is beyond strange to me. I only discovered they are used for this reason fairly recently while reading the forums.

No reason to assume it is for gay sex.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts1815060.aspx

Curiosity killed the cat, Ewwwww!!! The things I've learned on POF sometimes is more than I ever needed to know.lol I copied a link from a thread I read awhile back.
 CMonster
Msg: 7
under the sink he had 8 (YES , eight) boxes of Fleet enemas
Posted: 5/11/2010 9:47:06 PM

When I went to use the restroom, I noticed the toilet paper roll was almost empty, so I opened up the cupboard under the sink to look for more TP. Hmmmm.... under the sink he had 8 (YES , eight) boxes of Fleet enemas. Who needs 8 enemas? Does this mean anything? One of my friends claims this means he engages in gay sex. Really????

I bet he's on another site posting about why women consistently put the bathroom tissue on the roll backwards. Who actually believes that grabbing the tissue from behind the roll is more efficient? Perhaps it's a conspiracy being led by Gloria Allred. One of my buds says that women do it just to get even for us guys leaving the seat up or getting the seat wet when we leave it down. Is that something worth this level of retribution, really???
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2010 4:19:27 AM
I can;t think of a funny reason not cited, but there is a possible "guyness" reason:
They've been there since he moved into the house. He never looked in that cabinet, because there's no GUY things in there.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/12/2010 4:32:18 AM
I'm going with the idea that he and his ex were really into anal sex and she stocked up to be prepared and he never bothered to get rid of them. Probably decided to hang onto for the next woman. Or he could have IBS or other intestinal problems that would necessitate the frequent use of enemas. My last thought would be that he was gay.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2010 6:51:15 AM
Your friend is an expert in gay sex? Hmmm. So, tell us, did you have gay sex with him? If so, that would validate the theory.
 TheReason_
Msg: 17
view profile
History
my ass is clogged and so is my brain
Posted: 5/12/2010 11:20:18 AM
Maybe he shops at Costco. Does anyone NEED five gallons of Ketchup???

P.S. Fess up, what's your real age? You're selling 35...

But I'm not buying it.

christ on a crutch
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2010 11:39:53 AM
op, you're perfectly correct to assume a dark, lowering cloud of gayness looms over anything associated with a man's anus. why, i myself assumed my whole life that i was straight, and then at age 40 i dutifully went in for a prostate exam. now i do nothing but collect judy garland LPs, compare drapery swatches and suppress retching when i think of vaginas i've known.
 cookie22222
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2010 12:18:11 PM
Well OP - what's in YOUR bathroom? I bet I could come up with all kinds of scandalous ideas for the most innocent item in there!

There's a big tube of vaseline on my nightstand - what do you make of THAT? I can just about guarantee that what I use it for is something you would never guess.

This is toooo funny.
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2010 6:27:04 PM
Think about it - maybe he wanted you to find them.....

Just... happened.... to be out of TP.....

Does he like to hug you... from behind.... a LOT?

Any slippery substances lying about...?

Why are you so quick to jump to such an assumption?

You know what happens when you ass-ume......

Well But.... there were 8 of them... she counted.....
 CMonster
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/12/2010 7:26:07 PM

I am dying to hear what the eventual outcome of this thing was.

From eight boxes of enemas? Is there anything other than one outcome?
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/12/2010 9:52:01 PM
Ask him if he's found the enemas to be a viable substitute for toilet paper, since there appears to be none of the latter, and see what he says.
 Maleman999
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/13/2010 6:08:21 AM
What I find weird and scary are people who will snoop in other people's medicine cabinet or bathroom cabinets and think it's OK to do that. If I had a friend over and that person went to the bathroom, and then questioned me about the contents of my bathroom supplies that I had in drawers and medicine cabinet, that would be the last time that person would be over to my place. To me, that's like going through somebody's underwear drawer and questioning the contents or brand of underwear.
 abelian
Msg: 26
Posted: 5/13/2010 6:15:58 AM

Met a guy on a dating site, and have gone on 3 dates.

Mabye he had hemorrhoid surgery. That isn't something you're likely to hear about after only 3 dates.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/13/2010 6:45:33 AM
If someone I'd only dated a few times came out of my bathroom..
questioned me about things I had in cabinets...
I'd not be at all happy about that.
So going back to the living room and asking him.. stupid idea, in my mind.

I buy things in bulk. IF I happened to see that, I would have thought nothing of it.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/13/2010 9:59:47 AM
Some people do the whole enema thing to "clean" themselves for natural-health reasons. Some people are into that -- could even be related to, as others suggest, to discomfort or some probs down (or up) there.

I wouldn't jump to gay sex. He could be full-on germaphobe... but likes when a woman sticks her finger(s) in his ass ... or even having her strap something on -- and wants to keep the experience squeaky clean.

Could also be stuff he has for his parents, who knows. I wouldn't let that affect how things are going. If you like him, maybe a couple dates later, after you two get some intimacy going, just ask him!
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/13/2010 1:01:48 PM

Who needs 8 enemas? Does this mean anything?
someone who has their sh1t together so to speak

Detox!
 Kimberish925
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2010 5:12:29 PM
Here's a thought...be a courteous host...prior to inviting someone over, especially a female, make sure the TP roll is a fresh one. Then no one has to look for it.
This wasn't intentional snooping, this was looking for a neccesity item. In the process she came across what would make most people at least wonder.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2010 6:27:09 PM

If someone I'd only dated a few times came out of my bathroom..
questioned me about things I had in cabinets...
I'd not be at all happy about that.
So going back to the living room and asking him.. stupid idea, in my mind.

If I felt comfortable enough to spend time alone in the home of a man I'd met only three times, yet didn't feel comfortable enough asking a perfectly understandable question about something I came across (not searched) for, I'd not be happy at all about myself!
 briargate
Msg: 37
Enema sales
Posted: 5/14/2010 5:21:47 AM
What with all of this negative image of enemas, I think we are being unnecessarily hard on the lowly enema salesman. What of the factory workers that make the enemas? What of their families, many of whom might even have small, constipated children whose lives are made better by these fine, sterile, bowel-evacuating aids?
 DrummingNut
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/14/2010 5:44:56 AM

If I felt comfortable enough to spend time alone in the home of a man I'd met only three times, yet didn't feel comfortable enough asking a perfectly understandable question about something I came across (not searched) for, I'd not be happy at all about myself!

I don't think it is a "perfectly understandable question".
I just happen to think that any of my personal stuff
that is behind closed cabinet doors
is not anyone's business to ask me about
nor would I ask anyone about their personal stuff..
unless we were very good friends and/or in an established relationship.
 Casper66
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2010 2:40:11 AM
This is why I'm addicted to the forums, lol. He might have been a boyscout and taking the motto "be prepared" to the extreme, never know when you might have a poop emergency.
It could be for medical reasons or some people do them to flush out the body of toxins and maybe he does like anal sex, only he knows for sure, I don't think I would have the nerve to ask thou.
 softy63
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/16/2010 7:33:37 PM
I think the OP should be ashamed of herself for posting this. What if the poor man reads this?

She has a Bachelors Degree. She's in Health Care. She's a nurse mabe? A professional?

She has "no clue" as to why he has them and puts this on a public forum?

Shame.
 contrary110
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/21/2010 6:48:26 PM
No fair posting this riddle and not coming back to give us the answer.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does this mean anything?????