Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > POF at Funky Town - Friday June 4, 2010      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kitkatbreak1
Msg: 1
view profile
History
POF at Funky Town - Friday June 4, 2010Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
DATE: FRIDAY, June 4, 2010
TIME: 8:00 pm - 1:00 am
PLACE: Funky Town
ADDRESS:
8300 E State Route 350
Kansas City, MO 64133
(816) 737-3865

NOTE: Reservations for 100 have been made. However, after 9:00 pm, these will be pulled.

FunkyTown is the best mix in town! You can party with old/young, fat/thin, guys/girls, every combo possible. Fun to go alone or bring a group. The zoo is where you go to watch the animals... FunkyTown is where you go to watch the people. This place is the bomb! Especially, if you like the retro type music of the 70's and 80's. They serve appetizer type food, and it's pretty damn good. The drinks are reasonably priced, and they are not skimpy on the alcohol. You get your monies worth. The dance floor is huge and has two go-go style cages for you dancers to strut your stuff in. Two bars... lots of bartenders and waitresses. Everyone fits in at FunkyTown. It's a really great place to party. Therefore, start making your plans to come out and join us. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come out and join us to have a few drinks, dance their asses off and partake in lots of laughing. So grab your friends and head on out and join us for some fun. Relax, mingle and make some new friends. No pressure, no expectations.

DETAILS:

You'll end up turning onto Blue Pkwy Drive off of E. 63rd St. and then follow it around to the Funky Town entrance. Use Google Maps to map directions!

Seating: We have 100 seats reserved under the Plenty Of Fish name! The reserved seats are only held until 9pm at which time the signs are picked and anyone can grab them. So come early and help save tables/seats. FunkyTown can only hold 600 people maximum so get there early! Bring cameras if you have them and take lots of pictures, so we can post them and show everyone all the fun, they are missing!

Cost: $6.00 cover charge! Tell the cashier you're with POF and receive $1 off your cover charge. This is a cash only club, no credit cards and no tabs. There is an ATM machine on site if you need cash once inside! FunkyTown cards everyone so don’t forget to bring that ID with you!

Dress Code: No hats except cowboy hats, no jeans with holes in them... you know, the ones with big holes in the knees or on the ass that the women like to wear, you can wear sports shirts/garments as long as there are "no" number's on them, all men's shirts must have sleeves and no gang related attire allowed.

NOTE A: FunkyTown is now a non-smoking club. To accommodate the smokers, FunkyTown has a smoking area. They are opening up the patio doors back by the pool tables to allow the smokers the ability to go outside and smoke as needed.

NOTE B: The doors open at 8pm and the music starts around 9:15pm. The 8pm to 9:15pm time frame is the perfect time for you to meet new people, make new friends and dancing buddies, before it gets wild and crazy.

NOTE C: The ultimate goal here is to meet and make some new friends and to just have fun. Keep an open mind; first impressions are not always correct. Be prepared to approach the group. We are generally very friendly to new people, but we can't always tell who is there to meet/join the group. (Sometimes it is easier to come with a member who has been to an event before, or if you are uncomfortable approaching the group, approach an individual who will help introduce you to the group.) You can always approach the event organizer "Host" and ask them for help. We usually have people that will introduce you around if you want or need that. These events are for the enjoyment of all POF members and their guests. This is not intended to be a hook up meet even though that could happen for some. And again you must remember, these meet and greet events are what "YOU" make them. "YOU" have to take some initiative and say hi and make yourself known to people. So when you come, look for tables marked Plenty of Fish, say hi and grab a seat. Be yourself and have tons of fun, that is all we ask. You don't even have to be a member of POF to join us... ever. So grab a friend or two and come on out.

NOTE D: EVENT SIGN-UP IS NOT MANDATORY, HENCE POF MEMBERS AND/OR ALL THEIR GUESTS ARE WELCOME TO JOIN US. IF YOU WANT TO COME OUT BUT DON'T WANT TO SIGN UP THEN DO IT. EVERYONE AND ANYONE IS WELCOME, SIGNED UP OR NOT, MEMBER OR NOT! The sign up thing is just to help us get an approximate number of how many might come and how many seats to reserve or try to save.

People are welcome to discuss this event and post any relevant comments/suggestions and or ideas they may have. Constructive comments are welcome. Bashing, insulting, or slamming the event or other posters will not be tolerated and those posts will be deleted ASAP. Thank you.
Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

adreamrider

BIG MARK1

bigpo9

comingsoon 2u

dabellmachine2

DHM57

eclectix

esotericjudi_v2

gatstogo

gigi046

Grannys18

hankstur1967

havefunpa

Hdub3

Jalopy4Me

jayhawk71304

jeffson1980

jimole

justoutder

kcgirlatheart

kcpluggedin

kitkatbreak1

KU0007

loanguyinkc

mannyinkcmo1

mansuper

mr_masculino

mshenny

mufon

Natte2

nsa_bob

piggymz58

psws_13

relentlessblonde

rmbhc8

Ruth31

SMOOTHN2U

softball coach 2

soloingit

truegirl2021

vconscious

wildcatch

42 people are attending
 EsotericJudi_v2
Msg: 2
POF at Funky Town - Friday June 4, 2010
Posted: 5/18/2010 1:09:47 PM
<-- Doesn't have a birthday that weekend, but I see some hotties signed up, so count me in!
Oh jeez, messages this short may not be posted....usually I'm being told to shut up, not talk more!
 Jalopy4Me
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/18/2010 3:20:33 PM
It was fun to meet you, Fancy...And all the new people I met...And fun to see all of my other pof buddies...Looking forward to this upcoming event...Welcome all pof people...We will help you celebrate a birthday and/or just have fun in general...I know I enjoyed celebrating my May birthday last weekend at the pof event...We also had several other May baby birthdays to celebrate...Keep posting and telling your friends about this party so we can have a really fun nite...The more the merrier...Hope to see you there~
 weathervanes
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2010 8:00:32 PM
I'll be there, little nervous since it'll be the first time for me.
 Jalopy4Me
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/18/2010 8:21:52 PM
It's fine to be a little nervous but just remember we were all new at one time...The tables will be marked "POF" so it is easy for people to find our group...There are already several people signed up including me who have attended these events before and will be happy to introduce you to others...And after you have come to one event, you won't be new anymore~~
 EsotericJudi_v2
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/18/2010 8:37:36 PM
It's natural to be a bit nervous, but don't worry! My very first pof event was at Funkytown, and I went alone - hadn't e-mailed anyone attending to break the ice. I was SO nervous walking in there alone - had NEVER been to Funkytown or really anyplace like it. But I just found the POF tables, right near the entrance, easy to spot, and introduced myself to one person as a newbie. From there, I had 2-3 people who were nice enough to introduce me to others, asked me questions to keep me company, and generally made me feel like I'd been in 'the group' forever!
You will meet some of the nicest, most genuinely friendly people, who will have you feeling comfortable in no time! Just introduce yourself to one person!
 kcpluggedin
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2010 10:34:30 AM
I'm, kinda scared to go to this party I need someone to walk me through this process...
so any advice or help would be appreciated ...
 kcpluggedin
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2010 12:25:35 AM
I think I would rather have my potential teacher fill out an application for this position, which I posted below.

NOTE:This application will be incomplete and rejected unless
accompanied by a complete financial statement, job history, lineage, and current medical report from your doctor.
NAME______________________ DATE OF BIRTH______________
HEIGHT_____ WEIGHT______ IQ_____GPA_______
Do you have ONE male and ONE female parent? ___________________________
If NO, please explain _________________________________________________

Do you own a van? _______________
A truck with oversized tires? _______________
A waterbed? _______________
A pickup with a mattress in the back? _______________
Do you have earring, nose ring, or a belly button ring? _______________
A tattoo? _______________
In 50 words or less, what does LATE mean to you?______________________

Church you attend ______________________________________________________
How often you attend ___________________________________________________
When would be the best time to interview your:
father? _____________
mother? _____________
priest? _____________
Answer by filling in the blank. Please answer freely, all answers are confidential.
A: A man's place is in the:
I SWEAR THAT ALL INFORMATION SUPPLIED ABOVE IS TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE UNDER PENALTY OF DEATH, DISMEMBERMENT, NATIVE AMERICAN ANT TORTURE, CRUCIFIXION, ELECTROCUTION, CHINESE WATER TORTURE, RED HOT POKERS, AND HILLARY CLINTON KISS TORTURE.
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/20/2010 10:03:40 PM
kcpluggedin, I LOVE IT! :D
Can I borrow this to use for my future dates? It's great!
 kcpluggedin
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2010 11:05:42 PM
Sure Judy I have other ones I can make as well ....lol
 gatstogo
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/22/2010 10:57:53 PM
i am going to be there hope to meet new friends
 Jalopy4Me
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/24/2010 9:04:26 AM
I see the sign up list of people interested in coming out to this event is growing...It is so fun to see everyone's smiling faces....We always have fun but it is really nice to have a larger group for everyone to mingle with...Looking good~~Keep signing up...Shows you do have an interest in attending functions such as this with the POF group, either now or in the future...Hope to see you all there~
 EsotericJudi_v2
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/25/2010 6:24:20 PM
We miss you too, Angel darling! Hope things are going well for you, and that you can visit us soon!
 lilacsnrain56
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2010 11:57:19 AM
If I vote, and he gets there, do I get to dance with him????
 EsotericJudi_v2
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/27/2010 10:24:16 AM
52 signed up - this is turning into a real party! Nice mix of people, too!
 EsotericJudi_v2
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/27/2010 4:16:28 PM
Hi LS_Sweety - there have been POF meet & greets at Class Reunion, & the ones I've been to I had a great time. If you host an event there I'm sure you'd get some interest. Some members won't go though, because as I recall they allow smoking.
You should go to Funkytown & ask around to see if there is enough interest! Guaranteed that you'll enjoy Funkytown!
 mshenny
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2010 4:06:29 PM
LS Sweety, post an event for Class Reunion, I have been there many times and really enjoy it, Im sure you could get people to sign up and go.
 MARK120405
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/30/2010 9:39:21 AM
Hope its good riding weather, SEE YA THERE.
 mshenny
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2010 1:20:56 PM
Ahh good or bad weather if you like dancing, you will have a good time. If it rains carry a change of clothes
 Soonergirlinkc3331
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2010 2:27:38 PM
I think I am going to try to go to this one, I miss all my POF friends!
 mshenny
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2010 8:04:58 AM
Hey Roni would be nice to see you too. Hope you make it
 wildcatch
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2010 4:57:16 PM
I guess we will just celebrate everyone's birthday that is in June which mine is also. One big party so sign up now and let's rock the place. Who is buying the drinks for the birthday people??? lol I was planning on having one at Class Reunion but then I got so busy. I might do one in July if no one does it. I have never been a host or posted a gathering but am sure it is easy. June will be so busy with my son's birthday, father's weekend and my daughter's dance recital. Or if anyone has another place that we haven't tried yet please let me know.
 mannykcmo
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/2/2010 4:26:35 PM
I will Attend , it will be nice to meet some new people and mingle .
 82PINAY
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/2/2010 4:30:57 PM
thanks,
i will be there im bringing 3 people that are not member,, see you there..
 Jalopy4Me
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/2/2010 6:33:07 PM
It's almost Funky Town time....See ya all there~
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > POF at Funky Town - Friday June 4, 2010