Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > You are not allowed to message this person      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 9
view profile
History
You are not allowed to message this personPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)

Statistically it's a virtual imposibiliby. Why would someone, whom I've never met, never seen, never called, contacted, written or mailed...............never heard of me, happen to find my profile on this site of millions, decide she disliked something about me and blocked me, a complete unknown, without the slightest provication..................

Do people do that a lot? just go through the members and arbitrarily block people who have never contacted them?

It would seem quite strange.

And not possible...you can't block someone until you receive an email from them.

The only other thing that auto-blocks you is the IE filter.
Meaning, IF, during your first day here,
you emailed FOUR or more women looking for IE,
and the woman you are attempting to contact has
"Must not have messaged users for intimate
encounters or sex".
Those who have "Other relationship" selected will trip this filter as well.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 10
view profile
History
You are not allowed to message this person
Posted: 6/1/2010 6:54:23 AM
"When the income question was introduced, there were reports that the system would prevent you from emailing people if it decided your incomes were incompatible."

Are you SERIOUS? That's the first I heard of that. Does POF realize how ridiculous that is? It's one thing for a USER to decide he/she is incompatible with someone preemptively, which is what mail settings are for, but income is not a mail setting -- POF is just deciding that for the user! "She's a doctor, he's a trash-hauler, they have no business being together, disallow the email!" If a doctor wants to date a trash-hauler, why should POF care? I'm less outraged than saddened that any dating site could stoop to such a thing.
 cmattson64
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/6/2013 1:24:10 PM
Yeah, so I'm not allowed to send a message to someone less than a mile from me? What's that about?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/6/2013 1:29:27 PM

What's that about?

It is about people being able to filter who that want to be able to contact them.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/10/2013 10:49:47 AM
An easy way to spot those seeking Intimate Encounter while you are searching for all relationship types is to do your searches with Display Type set to Gallery. Gallery mode shows what they are seeking right in the search results. This way, you won't have to view their profile to know what they are seeking.
 Steved_NY
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/11/2013 6:19:09 AM
I have learned a very valuable lesson about messaging IE profiles. It was mostly done out of boredom and a lark, but it has really set me back as I can't message some really potentially compatible women. I would assume that users with that item checked cannot message me, either. How embarrassing! I'm really not a player, but my reputation is likely in tatters here.
I really don't want to delete and renew my profile as I like my username and have regularly updated and maintained my profile. Alas, this may be the reason I do not receive any messages or have messages that have gone through that go unanswered.
What are the odds that one can redeem himself by sacrificing goldfish points or upgrading and swearing never to message an IE again??
On the other hand, users who don't have that item checked don't reply to my messages either. Gentlemen of POF, watch out who you post messages to if you want success.
 bevs1961
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/11/2013 7:07:44 AM
LOL I just got an email from POF saying so and so wants to meet me. So I checked out his profile and was going to send him a message just to find this exact same message about not being allowed. Makes sooooooooooo much sense! LOL NOT!
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/11/2013 7:24:39 AM
Makes sooooooooooo much sense! LOL NOT!

It will make sense once you see what's going on.

If you mostly message people within 100 miles of yourself, go to My City. Set the age 18 to 99 and the miles to 100. Select Users I've Contacted in the last menu. Look for anyone with Intimate Encounter in their listing. Or, try to send me a message. I have only one Mail Setting restriction.
 Aspgator67
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2013 7:42:16 AM
That's completely ridiculous. I can understand a temporary block depending on a percentage of IE people you messege, but I've been on and off this site for around a year. I've probably messaged over 500 girls on here, met up and had an amazing time with at least 20ish of them. Some ended up just being friends, some more. I'm a college student so of course I'm going to hit up IE. But now I'm premonitory banned from talking to certain girl just because less than 1% of the messages I sent were to IE? Well to be honest probably around 5%, but 1% of 500 is 5 people. So it takes just that much to get excluded? I'm sorry, but that's probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Just because someone wants to hook up with a stranger, or just gets drunk and messages on IE shouldn't hinder them from meeting the right girl, or not allow them to show improvement. Glad I recently found a keeper on POF or I'd completely loose faith in this site. Sometimes girls or guys get curious and want to have one night stands, especially young people. Retarded.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > You are not allowed to message this person