Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Can you compliment a man's penis too much?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 redheadruby
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Can you compliment a man's penis too much?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I did a thread search...honestly I did..and there are 49 threads related to penises.......didn't read them all.......but my SO and I were discussing another thread that appeared today - on complimenting one's partner.....and he said - well he said two things......men don't need compliments.......just fvck me......a lot......(I think women need compliments.....).......then he said - compliments regarding a man's penis are always always always welcome. I've been talking to his a great deal lately......so I think he/it's happy........but.....is this something that resonates with the men out there......are compliments regarding your penis as good as it can get......or is your ability to repair a broken faucet...or grill a great steak.......or write a lyrical poem just as important......
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Can you compliment a man's penis too much?
Posted: 6/3/2010 11:54:03 AM

or grill a great steak

Yeah, ^^ that. Especially when I hear, "mmmmmm, perfect."

~ds~
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/3/2010 1:38:48 PM
What exactly is a penis compliment? Sorry - it just strikes me funny. What exactly do you say to compliment a penis? Wouldn't guys rather have compliments about their actual skill?
 TheReason_
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2010 2:03:08 PM
You should smile in a couple pics.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/3/2010 2:17:42 PM
^^^I like the standing ovation. I mean if men "need" compliments, then they should be thrilled with one of those. Can I do it during sex, and can I use a golf clap?
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2010 2:33:05 PM

Can I do it during sex, and can I use a golf clap?

Why yes, yes you can...always give a standing O after a screaming O.

~ds~
 redheadruby
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2010 3:02:25 PM
Endlessly fascinating where an innocent question will lead. Obviously it is far more important to appreciate what a lover can do with his****than it's size/shape.......most women will attest to that. My perhaps not very well operationalized question needs work. I design surveys for a living.......and obviously my skills have become rusty as I'm so busy having vigorous sex.......myabe he has finally fvcked my brains out.......all that ivy league education down the drain........pity. But thank you troops for pitching in........always interesting here on the forums.
 redheadruby
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2010 3:27:08 PM
How bout.....I'd give ya a standing ovation.....cept I can't stand..........really....I can't......

Happens on a regular basis........and he loves it.......rendering me catatonic and shaking.........wonder if he really does respect my intellect and my other qualities......hmmmmmmmmmmm
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/3/2010 4:32:04 PM
This is the norm, most women compliment. Is it important? Guys like compliments too so, yes, it is appreciated. Is it needed? Well, not in the same sense as a women needs confirmation she is beautiful. The idea of compliment goes hand in hand with skill, perhaps only in a guy's mind, but still guys like to think they are pleasing to a woman.

IMO, the fixing of the broken faucet is really only a return for something else. I don't mean to be crude, but, lets face it, a guy doesn't get all hot an bothered about fixing your faucet.

However, it's nice to know that a woman appreciates the trouble a man goes through to make a nice dinner, i.e. grilling.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/3/2010 5:17:17 PM
^^^Bahaha! You crack me up!
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/3/2010 7:07:38 PM
I think your boyfriend was teasing you about complimenting our stuff.
There is only one that would work,
and you can only use it once:
"It's the biggest I've ever seen".
Otherwise it's not something that visually lends itself to compliments.

Kindof like a hammer, which also isn't much to look at.
but if used well, the results can be impressive.

So maybe just compliment the results.
breathlessly,
and after much use should do the trick.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2010 7:58:50 AM

Too much would be like this :

"Holy Moly, Spicoli!! give me that 47 foot donkey wonker!!.. wrap it around my neck and start me up like a lawnmower, big boyyyyy!!!"

*whip! whip! whip! vrrroooooom*

hmmm i wonder what the female equivilant would be..

"Whew..I can't hear an echo..thankfully.."
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/4/2010 10:33:20 AM

Then the ovation can start.

I must point out that if I can actually stand and give an ovation, that it's probably not earned.
 god_of_rock
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/4/2010 11:58:07 AM

Really how much can you compliment a penis.It's not like it's the prettiest
looking thing on the face of the planet.It looks rather like a sausage that has
been fried in a pan and left there.So long as it's a decent size and it works then
nothing else about it really matters.

by contrast, I'm assuming you feel that your vajay-jay is a rare work of art, a thing of beauty?

or does it rather resmemble a pound or so of chopped liver left out on the kitchen counter overnight?

objectively, neither gender's sex organs are truly "beautiful" In general, I think considering the pleasure they can offer is waht might make them 'beautiful' to us

I would rather receive a compliment about 'me' than about my man-toy

after all, I jsut got it at birth, I didn't do much to nurture its growth, etc.
 want to travel
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2010 11:58:51 AM
i dont think you can compliment a mans penis too much
i have been in 3 long term relationships, the first couldnt keep her hand or.... off it, she would go to sleep with it in her hand,she talked to it, she was great the other two loved it too
 god_of_rock
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/4/2010 1:47:18 PM

Annie, I wish I could publish your hate mail for all to see.

Instead, I'll just make the moderators aware of your harassment.

I'm guessing maybe Annie finds a penis too ugly so she performs 69 on herself on her 'beautiful' vagina ?

seems to have a hate-on for the penis ?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2010 8:52:31 AM
The only 7 cents I'll put in, is in answer to the actual TITLE question.
If you get to having too much to say about a portion of my anatomy, or my car, or anything else like that, after a while I'll suggest "I'll just leave the two of you to chat between yourselves."
So yes, you CAN over-compliment anything, thus making the compliments meaningless, and also potentially objectifying what ever it is, to the point where the other person feels left out of the conversation.
That said, there ARE plenty of guys out there who can't get enough talk about themselves. I'm not one of them, but that has nothing to do with either my, or the other kind of guys status or value in the world. Apparently your guy is the other kind, and fortunately for both of you, you're up to the challenge of keeping the talk about his pouch-poker fresh and lively. Enjoy!
 .dej
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2010 12:51:01 PM
I'd be weirded out if a chick talked about my penis a lot.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/5/2010 1:06:38 PM

....I really think most males dont need their egos stroked...

On a serious note (maybe it's just an age thing), most men I have talked to about this find it kind of insulting to their intelligence when a woman gushes over them to an unnatural extreme or when he barely knows her.

I'm sure though that the more a man does like a woman the less cautious about her motives he's gonna be, especially at a young age.
 zipdy
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/5/2010 7:10:09 PM
i love a compliment as long as it's genuine.
when they see it for the first time i usually get "ohhh it's got a nice big head".
i take that as a compliment and i compliment her vajayjay if i think it looks good.
(very few do not)~grin~
 .dej
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2010 1:31:05 PM

most men I have talked to about this find it kind of insulting to their intelligence when a woman gushes over them to an unnatural extreme or when he barely knows her.

Spot on.
 *buzz*
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2010 1:29:11 PM
TLC does wonders and I don't have a single doubt that "the member" in question would stay dormant
As for complimenting too much ... oh yeah, echo is reaching even these shores: never enough
 Pingshooter
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2010 2:16:25 PM

Some men have insecurities about their penises and compliments apparently help. On sexuality forums, the "discussion" often boils down to guys constantly starting threads with titles like:

Am I ok???????
If you saw me would you run screaming from the room???????
What do you think of me??????????

That sounds like someone just wanting to show a pic of their dic.

Men are different. Some have a complex about penises. It is bred into us for the most part.
I learned at a young age that nothing is gonna chance what I got, might as well accept it. I've had absolutely no adverse comments.

Compliments are always welcomed, regardless of why. However, go to far, and the person being complimented is going to figure out that you are playing them..not good.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2010 3:18:28 AM
I only gave one man, a 21 year, ( I am a Cougar), a compliment on his perfectly formed and structured penis, which was capable of erection, ( unlike the the very many over jerked off men). His perfect penis was STRAIGHT and pointed UPWARD instead of downward, and the right size, 5 to 6 inches and the right width for me which is meduim. I told him, that he had the most beautiful and perfect looking penis I ever seen and I really meant this. He probably thinks I say this to all guys, but I never did say this to anyone except him. He lives in Florida now. He was a respectful boy toy, who actually respected, and adored us older very beautiful ladies. He also knew how to turn a lady on with his strokes in the hot spot on the outside too.
 naturallydeselected
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/12/2010 8:22:47 AM
Women's thoughts on penis' (in Haiku)

We are having sex.
Your penis is majestic.
I have batteries.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Can you compliment a man's penis too much?