Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Redheads dating redheads, does this happen??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Vancer
Msg: 2
Redheads dating redheads, does this happen??Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Red-headed people marrying each other usually produce offspring so damn attractive, that the townsfolk become insanely jealous and drive the family out of town.

Is a very sad, but true story.
I think an unspoken law was created to forbid such a thing from happening.
 daynadaze
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Redheads dating redheads, does this happen??
Posted: 6/8/2010 8:58:18 PM
Two of my kids are redheads, I don't know if my son has ever dated a redhead, but my daughter has dated one. It didn't work out but they didn't spontaneously combust or anything, not even in direct sunlight.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/28/2011 5:19:57 PM
I have never dated a red-headed man.
 ferfoxache
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/28/2011 7:43:24 PM
My hair is kind of red, mostly like copper. Especially in the summer with some sun.
All the women in my family have red hair.
I tend to shy away from red headed women to avoid any insecurities or sexual problems regarding being reminded of my mother or sister or grandma or aunts, or contemplating if I'm "really" attracted to them so looked for a replacement. Real redheads are rare enough that I can have that immediate association with the red hair.

I did date/girlfriend a red headed girl in 6th grade (doubled with my parents mostly, but we had our own table, so that was cool).
She was a Mennonite. We spent the last month of our "relationship" simply talking to each other as if we were horses, with hooves and neighing. She had her friend dump me.
You ever been dumped via a third party using horse language? Maybe it's just childhood trauma that keeps me from dating red heads...and horses.
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/1/2011 8:07:14 AM

No it's illegal.Didn't you know? It even comes with mandatory jail time of at least two years.

Lol ok seriously now,of course it happens.There are not as many redheads around as there are blonds and brunettes however,and scientist say that in 100 years or so there will be no more natural redheads left.
 Welsh474
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/1/2011 2:29:58 PM
^^^ As opposed to two brunettes dating or two blondes??? Dating another redhead would not turn me off, I'd welcome it actually.

When I look at my beautiful redheaded grandaughter I smile. She carrys on the redhair through to the 5th generation, that I'm aware of. It's history, genetics, family - all wonderful.
 Twilightslove
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2011 2:47:03 PM
This is a subject that my youngest son (red-curly haired, blued eyed son) was just talking to me about the other day. He wondered if he should date and marry another redhead to produce a redheaded daughter. He based his thoughts on the fact that redheads are rare and it would help to keep them from going extinct.........

I thought it a nice idea myself. We had one other redhead in our family, one of my aunts.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/6/2011 9:58:03 AM
It has been years, but I dated a redhead long ago. He traded me for a mousy brunette. LOL

I would love to do so again, but just don't seem to meet redehaded guys. heck, I don't care what color the guy's hair is - or whether he HAS hair (totally bald guys are hawt!). Just no toups or comb-overs, please.
 sabaidi
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/9/2011 9:40:59 PM
i can not speak about two redheads together
but i can say this , in my youth while wandering
a happy smiley asian country i met a redhead

not only was she a ginger but a resident of
a town near loch ness . " just a wee place "
she told me . . . . there are two things about
her indelibly etched into my consciousness

our room was bright with natural light
and when she shyly removed her clothes
the sight of her and all that red hair
was a sign of gods existence and his
benevolence compassion and eternal love

and when she pronounced
my name in her scottish brogue
wow ! and what a blessing

what a wonderful blessing from god
 daffie
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2011 5:22:21 AM
i've always loved red headed men.
there's something about their fiery nature and fierce determination that is simply irresistible, the ones that have been in my life anyway.

my first boyfriend was a red head,
i married a red head,
my son is a red head...well, in winter anyway...

just luv 'em!...
 slybandit
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/10/2011 3:50:27 PM
Yes. But mostly in Ireland. Occasionally in Scotland.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2011 4:00:46 AM
many moons ago, i was once engaged to another redhead.

he dumped me for some girl with black hair!

poferette
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/14/2011 6:50:22 AM
My sister has 40 some inches of red hair. She married a man with like my color auburn, his beard and mustache were red though. They had two red headed children. My older brother with red hair married a woman from Korea with black hair, their daughter has auburn hair. My younger brother has brown hair and he married a blond, his son has red hair. My oldest has the red beard and mustache and my daughter has the freckles, but she has brown hair. I am interested in what the next generation will have. My son's baby is due September 4. His wife has brown hair.

I only dated one guy when in high school that had red hair. I don't meet many red haired men, let alone natural red haired women.
 lilcontrary
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/14/2011 11:43:03 AM
My dad was auburn red, I'm strawberry blond, daughter is Irish setter red, her husband carrot red and the beautiful child they have is Irish setter red with violet eyes. Grand baby #2 is due in Nov., the anticipation factor is immense! lol Fingers crossed for another redhead.

Oh and to answer the original question... I have dated 2 redheads and owned 3 Irish Setters.

Mary
 getdrunk1990
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2011 3:15:30 PM
Random fact. 1 in 2000 people are a red head. Whats crazy is 1 in 2000 people are also a hermraphrodite! So U see a hermraphrodite walking around as often as u see red heads.
 lilcontrary
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/14/2011 10:48:39 PM
So what are the odds of a redheaded hermaphrodite?
 redfox21
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/15/2011 1:39:01 PM
My last gf was a redhead like me
 pinkoleander
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/15/2011 3:55:01 PM
Funny because I married two redheads. Not at the same time. Redheaded men are adorable. IMO. Too bad here they're so rare like unicorns.
 Coxgirl
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/15/2011 7:43:12 PM
Being a natural red head myself..
(and lucky enuf to give birth to a redhead just liek me & a strawberry blonde)

We are an odd breed of people.. and like the unicorns, rare.. and hard to catch :)

I could be sitting in a bar.. chatting up with an insainly cute guy.. and an average looking guy walks in.. and hes a redhead.. and my attention is on him the rest of the night..

I have never dated another true red head.. although I would like too..

But I do have red headed male friends.. yet no "true redheaded" girlfriends.. odd..

Singlegal89
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/7/2011 4:15:42 PM
I'm a redhead and refuse to date a fellow redhead. I don't want people to think we're siblings
 blondegirliee
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/12/2011 3:06:52 PM
I am a natural redhead. But red fades to blonde as you get older ; ( . I still have a zillion freckles though. I dated one redhead many moons ago. Sadly neither of my children have red hair...both were born blondies. I don't think hair colour really matters..to me it's all in how the guy treats you and makes you feel when you are with him.
 michele6259
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2011 4:20:14 PM
[ name me 1 good looking ginger?/]

josh homme, lead singer QOTSA

I love redheads!
 Welsh474
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/12/2011 6:24:36 PM
Name me 1 good looking dark knight. Idiots walk among us.

I love my redhair, born red and it's still red, we don't go grey very fast. We're a small group in the big picture of blondes and brunettes. The redhair skipped my sons, missed 3 grandsons but showed up big and bright in my grand daughter - good for her.

I have only dated one redheaded guy and that was in high school.
 --Zen--
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/13/2011 9:04:44 AM
They seem to go for dark hair exclusively... genetic diversity triggers attraction.
 redfox21
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/20/2011 11:35:32 AM
It is rather odd, though.

For a woman with red hair, it shouldn't be a problem. For men, it's a major problem. You would think having red hair and being sort of a "limited edition" in the physical attractiveness world of men would make women think of you as MORE physically desirable but it isn't true.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Redheads dating redheads, does this happen??