Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > He's going to think I did it on purpose.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 c_deacon
Msg: 4
view profile
History
He's going to think I did it on purpose.Page 1 of 1    
If you are uneasy, let it go, but if you truly want to try again, tell a mutual friend to have him call you, or hand him your card.

My guess is that if you feel uneasy now, all you will end up doing is feeling even worse later, so why sweat it and worry about what your gut is telling you not to get involved with?

Good luck, and for the record, I do not look at my phone, nor do I add numbers to it immediately. I usually ask for a business card, calling card, or phone number written down, and that is what I offer......the rest just happens as meant to be.

cd.........
 slybandit
Msg: 5
He's going to think I did it on purpose.
Posted: 6/9/2010 2:11:07 PM
1. Nervous or not, this guy just does not know how to act.

2. You're not even really attracted to him, you're just curious and/or would not mind a free lunch / ego boost.

3. You're probably more worried about feeling socially uncomfortable due to mutual friends' reaction to his reaction to perceived rejection, then you actually are about this guy.

4. If you're actually interested (which I doubt) just have some mutual female friend tell him you're playing hard to get because he's flattering you too much.

But seriously, this worry / manipulation business is pretty tired. If you're like most women you know within 30 seconds if he's got a shot with you, and, correct me if I'm wrong, you're doing this because you're bored, not because he's exciting. Why not pursue guys you're actually interested in?
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/9/2010 5:25:10 PM
don't sweat it.
We're guys and so don't obsess on stuff like that.
Just tell him he must have punched the wrong number.
Since he is so into you, he won't care.
(he is probably walking around wondering if he did get the number right.)
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2010 6:44:21 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. If you gave him your real number, the number he dialed should be close, so just blame it on a fat finger mistake.
 rainman12
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2010 8:07:33 PM

Since you would have had lunch with him, have your mutual friends get his number for you.
You call, explaing what MAY have happened and ask him to lunch.

Edit: We dish out advice all day long to strangers asking for advice from other strangers. Why can't WE figure out what to do when it happens to US??

Couldn't agree more. The simple solution is staring you in the face. I doubt he'd spazz if you actually went through the trouble of finding out his number and actually called him. Especially if you give him your number again and he sees that he switched some numbers or got a digit wrong or the wrong area code or whatever. Unless he's unstable, then he'll spazz anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > He's going to think I did it on purpose.