Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > browse button      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tam879
Msg: 1
view profile
History
browse buttonPage 1 of 1    
I am trying to put up some new photos and I cannot see the browse button as required. Not sure where to find it. Need information please.
 Padawan61
Msg: 2
view profile
History
browse button
Posted: 6/16/2010 7:26:04 PM
Sounds like your picture upload privileges might have been revoked.
 tam879
Msg: 3
view profile
History
browse button
Posted: 6/16/2010 7:46:05 PM
Could you please explain?
 tam879
Msg: 4
view profile
History
browse button
Posted: 6/16/2010 8:11:34 PM
Sorry but I don`t see anything like what you have up. I do remember having something like , Select an image file to upload and it showed the Browse button. Now I don`t have anything.
 tam879
Msg: 5
view profile
History
browse button
Posted: 6/17/2010 4:36:58 AM
The image above doesn`t show up. I bought this PC in Nov. 08 and was able to put pics up last summer. Then I tried to put up new pics sometime last fall and recently again, but nothing. Not sure what FLASH does?
I`m not very technically inclined in how the browser cache and cookies work. I`ve looked at the Tools page not sure what Delete Browsing history will do.
 tam879
Msg: 6
view profile
History
browse button
Posted: 6/21/2010 10:20:15 AM
I tried to follow your instructions but still haven`t seen any changes. Is the browser suppose be automatically on? If I had it before did I delete it somehow?
As for going to (Tools and clicking on Delete Browsing History the Temp. Internet Files came up next to it was a check box. Below that was the Cookies check box. I checked both and deleted them both. Please let me know if I might try something else. I would like to get some new pics up. Tam
 Padawan61
Msg: 7
view profile
History
browse button
Posted: 6/21/2010 1:34:14 PM
Can you download, install and use the Firefox web browser instead of Internet Explorer??

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ie.html

Is the browser suppose be automatically on? If I had it before did I delete it somehow?

If you mean the button ... it is a fixture of your profile. No, you can't accidentally delete it. Since Trap has said that your picture upload privileges are OK, it sounds like Internet Explorer is not letting you see the button. I have experience that sometimes at the Google homepage ... where the Search buttons are missing while viewing the page through IE.
 tam879
Msg: 8
view profile
History
browse button
Posted: 6/21/2010 4:22:57 PM
I`m not sure what Firefox will do or is really for. You said that you had this problem , did you fix it and get your IE to show the button for browser?
 Padawan61
Msg: 10
view profile
History
browse button
Posted: 6/21/2010 6:05:35 PM
I`m not sure what Firefox will do or is really for. You said that you had this problem , did you fix it and get your IE to show the button for browser?

OP ... as Balled Eagle said, Firefox is just another web browser. You can have more than one on your computer. You're not limited to using Internet Explorer. I have both IE and Firefox ... and switch from one to the other ... or use both at the same time ... or have multiple instances of the same browser (unless I'm using the tab feature within Firefox or later versions of IE).

The problem I had was not exactly the same as yours. It was the search buttons on Google's homepage that went missing ... not the browse for picture button in our POF account. I did nothing to fix it. I merely restarted IE several times and the search buttons showed up again. Since it is normal practice for me to dump all history, cache, cookies and offline files when I close a web browser ... that may have something to do with it, but I'm not exactly sure.

Since it sounds like you've already dumped all temporary Internet history stuff and restarted IE in so many days, that won't help with your problem.

Microsoft often provide patches for IE during their routine updates for Windows. Maybe a particular update caused this problem. I'm just trying to get you to look beyond Internet Explorer.
 tam879
Msg: 11
view profile
History
browse button
Posted: 6/22/2010 3:34:26 AM
I thank all of you for the info. and help. I will keep at it and try Firefox.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > browse button