Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Networks -- VPN and Android      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 .dej
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Networks -- VPN and AndroidPage 1 of 1    
Okay, I have an Android phone with its standard VPN and a DD-WRT flashed router that's bridged to a WRT54N router. The DD-WRT is running a PPTP VPN server that is (supposed to be) on the DD-WRT subnet (it's a 192.168.12.* subnet, with the WRT54N set to host 192.168.1.*). I'm trying to VPN past the WRT54N into the DD-WRT router, and then access my laptop through Samba to do filesharing with my phone. So far, it looks like the VPN is working (I'm assuming that the VPN is handing out addresses on the right subnet because the host table shows a 192.168.12.121 address for my phone when I get in), but when I go to open SMB, it can't find my laptop. If I just enable wireless on my phone and get on my router it works fine.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about letting them talk?
 .dej
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Networks -- VPN and Android
Posted: 6/23/2010 9:59:01 PM
Yeah it does. It seems the VPN connection is working. I can secure the link, I just can't access network resources after that.
 .dej
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Networks -- VPN and Android
Posted: 6/24/2010 4:07:02 PM
Ah, good reading material. Thanks.
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Networks -- VPN and Android