Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Why no views? Advice      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CT15
Msg: 1
Why no views? AdvicePage 1 of 1    
http://www.plentyoffish.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=21101759

Take a look, any advice why I'm getting very little views and practically no messages? I'm on the site probably once a day, or once every couple of days at least.

Thanks in advance
 ray12k
Msg: 2
Why no views? Advice
Posted: 7/28/2010 4:03:32 PM
Well views are based on pictures only. But just like in RL 95% of girls will not make the first move.

Your best bet is to fool around with your main picture and start looking at profiles. Don't just sit around and expect the hottest(heck even cute) chicks to start writing letters of love =P

But your profile is decent hell a lot better then mine lol
 daffie
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Why no views? Advice
Posted: 7/28/2010 5:52:02 PM
you have been here for just over a week and wonder why you haven't been mobbed by hundreds of hot women?...

i don't know what you were expecting,
but welcome to the reality of online "dating"...
 privat33r
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Why no views? Advice
Posted: 7/28/2010 8:02:27 PM
Your profile photo is a silhouette. Its silly when its done with elephants. Much worse with profiles.

Lots of sentences start with "I". There are many other ways to introduce your life.

You're in Ottawa, make that your place. Change to Toronto a week before you go.
 KhattyKat
Msg: 5
Why no views? Advice
Posted: 7/30/2010 9:06:06 AM
You have a very interesting profile, but is not geared to a girl, good for a buddy though. What type of girl are you interested in? Just a few lines on what type of girl is suited for you. Happy fishing and good luck at Humber.
 You go first
Msg: 6
Why no views? Advice
Posted: 7/30/2010 8:12:48 PM
- main photo is against the PoF rules - needs to be a clear face shot (lose the shades) but keep this photo in your gallery.

- put Australia in your Interests field so you can use it to search other users with the same interest.

- as already suggested, who are you hoping to meet here? What will she be like? Describe her using positive language only, light humour and no cliches.

- lose the dot-com link. If the Mods notice, you could get your profile nuked.

- the paragraph about being able to golf all year and somehow that segues into helping your career lost me. Why not lose that paragraph and let the other paragraphs pick up the slack on your interests/activities.
 *ScorpioSweetiepie*
Msg: 7
Why no views? Advice
Posted: 7/31/2010 10:45:31 PM
My advise to you is ..... Delete everything except your first 2 long paragraphs.

Sometimes less is more. Correct?

Also. Your main picture is good, but.... If you want to get noticed. Wear something of color. Red for example.

Trust me on this.

Best of luck to you!
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 8
Why no views? Advice
Posted: 12/13/2013 8:03:34 PM
^^^^^^
You have to start a thread so that others can respond.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Why no views? Advice