Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What part of going green are you struggling with?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daynadaze
Msg: 14
view profile
History
What part of going green are you struggling with?Page 1 of 1    
I find companies who spend a ton of money on advertisements and lying, not to mention how much not-green most going green productions are going on in the backroom. It's a fad, we'll see how well it really works out there in realityland. Not that I think we should just pollute and pretend, but let's get some real facts about going green.
 rainman12
Msg: 15
view profile
History
What part of going green are you struggling with?
Posted: 8/6/2010 12:16:38 AM

but it kinda backfires on a date at times, when I take the paper wrapper's, (like from Panara, subway,....

....Awesome. Subway for a date. Who you dating? Jared? All that walking's pretty green, hope it counts for something ; )
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/6/2010 1:10:55 AM
I agree about those awful incandescent bulbs. At my age, good lighting is way more important than saving a few watts of energy each month. Sorry, universe.
 Padawan61
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2010 1:51:53 AM
That's easy ... should I or shouldn't I go green?? So far the "shouldn't" camp is winning.

The other day ... Greenpeace was up to their shenanigans again. Hanging a giant banner off the side of a downtown structure that read ... "Separate Oil and State".

They're don't seem to understand that their antics are producing the opposite effect. I now feel the need to go burn some oil in the form of gasoline. Take up some space in the landfills with much needed plastic donations.
 forums1
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/6/2010 7:09:44 AM

i just purchased a 72 chevelle at an auction, hell of a deal. its not very fuel efficient, or eco friendly, but they just dont make cars like they used too.

Just to help you justify it, OSU, it takes around 1200-1500 barrels of oil in energy to *make* a new car (1bl=44gals, so say 1400bls=61,000gals of oil). Think about it, 7 gals of oil in every tire, the plastic dashboard, maybe seats, hoses, gaskets - the energy to forge/cast the metal parts, mold the plastic parts...

Keeping an existing car (or buying a used car) is actually *FAR* more energy efficient than buying a new car will ever be, even if said used/old car gets crappy gas mileage. Thats why "cash for clunkers" was such a joke in "energy savings" - my brother works for car dealer, they literally had to *trash* the "clunkers" trade-ins (pour some kinda stuff in the engine and run it until it siezed) - people trading in 5y/o models for "clunkers" upgrades basically used more energy than they would have used if they'd driven them another 5 years.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What part of going green are you struggling with?