Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Is that really how it is?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is that really how it is?Page 1 of 1    
Yes, really, people will write to people they are attracted to, and then, people will also respond to people they are attracted to.

On the other hand, if you are NOT attracted to a woman, you will most likely not write to her, and if she is not attracted to you, she will most likely not respond.

It has always been and always will be this way.

When you think about it, it makes a lot of sense, too. Why would you want to waste your time with somebody who you are not attracted to, or who is not attracted to you?

It only hurts because it bruises the ego. That's the same for all of us. No point in whining about it.

Oh, and this is beyond redundant and will most likely be deleted, btw.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 3
Is that really how it is?
Posted: 8/5/2010 3:39:59 PM
I agree with the above poster. OP why don't men message any of the women they don't have interest in? That's rude. Is that the way it is?
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/5/2010 3:48:50 PM
To top that off, we don't even respond with a "Thank you for the email, however no thank you".

Reason being ... there is a little green dot that then tracks if we are online.

Stupidest thing that was ever implemented.
 daynadaze
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2010 3:53:50 PM
Why would I be in contact with someone I have no interest in? You can't know how your contact message reads to the recipient, maybe they were insulted, bored, uninterested, amused....who cares, they were not interested.

I will never understand people who just need to know why they are being rejected, like picking a scab to see if it's still bleeding. Let it alone, move on, think about something worth the time & effort.

BTW, your baby sister is adorable!
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2010 3:59:50 PM
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

Follow your own advice, OP. There is peace in silence. There really is. Personally, I'd so much rather have peaceful silence, than hear WHY they don't like me. I promise you, you wouldn't like to hear the whys.

No, thanks, I don't find you physically attractive.
No, thanks, your profile is boring.
No, thanks, your baby sister is cuter than you are.
No, thanks, I'm looking for somebody more educated.
No, thanks, I don't think we'd have anything in common.
No, thanks . . . blah, blah, blah.

See how unpleasant that is?
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2010 4:02:58 PM
See, you can't take it. I KNEW it. :)

These were just EXAMPLES, OP, but you proved my point. Actually, you proved a point I wasn't even trying to make. I (in your mind) rejected, you, and you immediately started to abuse me. So, here's another reason we don't respond, because some guys, like you, OP, get nasty.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/5/2010 5:07:04 PM
Since you aren't really looking for anything serious why are you so upset?
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2010 5:58:48 PM
it takes thick skin and tenacity to make internet dating work, op. especially in the tough demographic you're part of, where men outnumber women and you're competing with guys old enough to be your father.

reading the forums can give you a lot of insight into what tends to get a positive response from women and what doesn't. you can try to learn from what hasn't worked, or you can give up and be right back where you were before you signed up here. your choice.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/5/2010 8:00:11 PM
Ok, let's take a new tact. OP I assume you have a type of woman you see yourself dating (however casual that dating is). I am NOT saying that your preference is wrong or right because everyone wants what they want.

Now, let's assume you are getting email from women that are not what you are interested in for whatever reason (they want long term, they're too fat, too old, etc). Are you going to answer everyone that writes you? I can tell you that for all the protests that men would not do this it is simply not true. I get read/deleted. Happens to everyone. Sincerely.
 rainman12
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2010 12:35:14 AM
Wow....I don't know which made me laugh more - "the whoa is me, am I a Nice Guy, do I need to be a douche?".....or the profile that was posted....shame that post will get deleted, the profile belongs in a POF Hall of Fame. Truly epic.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Is that really how it is?