Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Ladies please tell me what is the best compliment a man can give you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 theforumfiend
Msg: 2
Ladies please tell me what is the best compliment a man can give you?Page 1 of 1    
Compliments are better when they come from someone I actually interact with and it's sincere. Some guy writing to tell me I'm cute feels like a line so it does nothing for me. Does that help?
 theforumfiend
Msg: 4
Ladies please tell me what is the best compliment a man can give you?
Posted: 8/5/2010 8:34:44 PM
Random compliments? If you think you are going to get some woman's attention at "parties, bars, etc" you should know that this is what a lot of men do. If the compliment doesn't feel sincere it usually don't make an impression. The prettier the woman the more immune she's become to it - because she hears it all the time.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/5/2010 8:52:27 PM
Any girl worthy of a drive-by "You're beautiful" compliment probably hears it all the time so it will mean nothing to her. Make sure any compliment is sincere and aim for something unique. Steer clear of anything sexual or having to do with her body. You probably can't go wrong complimenting an article of clothing, just make sure it's not her purse or shoes or she'll think you're gay.
 daynadaze
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2010 10:52:21 PM
Random compliments is that the new phrase for a line? I imagine many women find these compliments to be boring and not based on anything but you wanting to get laid.
 rainman12
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2010 12:28:53 AM

Whether I have her attention or not isnĀ“t important. She has my attention for sure though haha

...ummm, well if you want to go around singing random girls' praises, then keep on trucking. But chances are if you haven't caught her attention, especially with your compliment, it's all for naught.

But like others have said - make it an honest, sincere, preferably original one. I hear that I have gorgeous eyes all the time....usually from the ones that haven't caught my attention. I know I have gorgeous eyes. Tell me how smart I am, that'll get my attention.
 moraima
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2010 8:22:23 AM
I don't need compliaments. My ego is just fine without people ever giving me a compliament. Words mean nothing. Actions that mean people respect me are all important.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Ladies please tell me what is the best compliment a man can give you?