Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Texas  > Why do most women not reply or give it a try?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SANDE1
Msg: 9
Why do most women not reply or give it a try?Page 1 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I have no expectations about this site therefor Im never disapointed when one doesnt reply to my hello's.

I have met some extrodinary men off of this site and Im proud to say that I answer all my mail except for the ones who are married or is interested in only an intimate encounter.

Looks have never counted in my books but the charactor is everything. I love spending time with anyone who can make me laugh.

Im not going to apologize for the woman who are just looking for some hottie. Thats up to them but I will wish all of you luck in your area and hopefully you find what your looking for. Or a few responses at any rate.

You all have a fabulous day.
 HecateRose
Msg: 17
Why do most women not reply or give it a try?
Posted: 10/10/2005 7:48:06 PM
Hey now its not just us. I've emailed a lot of guys from the DFW area who are saying they want friends, yet 95% of my emails have been read with no responses. But I try to respond to all my emails unless there's a good reason not to.
 xX420Xx
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/14/2006 3:55:05 PM
you need to try talking the the women thatare in your range to talk to you dont have to e mail every hott ass girl on here and try to put up a pic it may help
 mscrybaby
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 11:34:10 PM
I rarely get emails from guys but I figure that is because I am not a barbie doll and I dont have the most wonderful profile. I send out quite a few and if the person writes back I will answer them unless they make it clear they do not want to talk. Mostly if some one does email me they are wanting an intimate encounter even though they don't come out with that right away. I will reply if I have an email sent to me but I would like to have a picture of you.
 GetVocal
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/25/2006 11:02:41 AM
I got lucky with my first profile once. Turned out to be a good sequence of dates with this one girl.... and then we stopped seeing eachother...for reasons that are irrelevant to this discussion. After that I couldn't get ANYONE to respond to me. Not even the (no offense meant by me at all here, but) bottom of the barrel. I realized that my picture first of all makes me look about 10-15 years older than I really am.... and my profile SUCKED. It was all the same ole "I am a 32 year old guy who knows how to treat a lady....." "likes and dislikes...etc".... So I decided to change my profile. New pictures and completely new wording in my profile. Now I am getting an average of 5-8 emails per week from different people which I understand is not like the 20 per day that most women on here get....but it is MUCH better than what I used to get. I am pleased with the results...and now I can start weeding through the not-likelys and get to the ones I would seriously consider dating. This site is truly great, you just have to find your niche in here. I promise you.... come up with something worth reading and a picture worth looking at (as long as it is YOU) and you will not have a problem getting girls to email you.

Now....if I can only figure out why I got an email from Jade1972 and before I could even respond or check her profile...it was gone.....deleted.....poof....vanished. Oh well...chock that up to the beginnings of my first bad day this week.

JPW
 faith2565
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2006 6:59:12 PM
The 69 in your name means sex! Women like sex and need it, but sometimes we just really want someone to talk to and see what kind of person they really are. It also helps if there is a picture with the ad. Once we feel comfortable we will meet a person and take it from there.
 johnnyboy:down not out!
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/26/2006 11:13:09 PM
i at one time was on like 5 girls favorites. not great, but ok i guess. finally, i said screw it and quit giving a rat's ass. they either like you for you or not at all. if they don't tell them to go and die really slowly. especially the gameplayers. don't worry about it, and don't let it get you down. in the end, who really cares! i don't. i've also been out with 2 women on here. i won't write to you about the details, but let's just say that 1 didn't work out and the other is just kind of on hiatus. in the end, it doesn't really matter anyway!
 RANGER FAN
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/15/2006 3:49:26 PM
I usually do not email ladies on this site anymore but in the past I emailed one a nice email just to tell her I liked her profile. I appreciated how she presented herself. Well she deleted it un read. So here it is like 6 months later. I tried again because I was curious why she never even bothered to read the first email. Now mind you I was not trying to hit on her nor date her. I was just trying to pay a compliment to her. Guess what? She deleted it unread again, lol. Now many people would be insulted by that kind of rudeness but I just had to laugh. It is kind of funny. For all she knows I could have been writing something she would have liked to read but she never even bothered to read either email. LOL oh well. I lived. :)
 Grayblues1965
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/15/2006 5:10:46 PM
Hi Josh... I guess it works on both sides..:)

Why do men not reply to email...don't ya think they might just find someone on a whim?...but too skerrreed to answer...hmmmmm... Makes ya think.

I am a very decent woman as well....lots of people are into the "physical" traits and dont look beyond that....which is sad. I mean the chemisty has to be there but if you dont try and take that chance.....you will probably always wonder if that "one" could of been the one!

Keep smiling babe....

RANGER FAN
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/16/2006 3:28:28 PM
Baker thats funny. I wouldnt sweat it. Sounds like you probably saw a light at the end of the tunnel but didnt realize it was a train that would run you over. :)
 Judy56
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2006 5:14:29 PM
I hate to say it, but I have the exact opposite problem. MEN don't respond to MY messages and if they do it's ONLY to talk dirty and they get pissed at me when I don't go for that kind of talk. I've been in TX 2 1/2 yrs and haven't found a man YET that wants more than just a sexual encounter. I'm looking for a good man to spend some quality time with, someone to talk with...about things other than sex. So far Texas men haven't shown me they have an ounce of respect for women, especially if she has some meat on her bones. I'm a good hearted woman and deserve respect just the same as all those thin, mindless women with big boobs. I have to say however, my experiences have been on all the other singles sites. i'm new to this one so will reserve judgement for now. So, if there's any man out there willing to give ME a shout, I WILL reply
 Judy56
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2006 4:44:36 AM
Miss Raven

Thank you for your response. I was responding to one of the mens' blog with this question. As I stated in MINE, most of what I was referring to so far, were issues from other sites, which don't HAVE the ability to not receive messages from people with this attitude/history whatever. I HAVE put that into this site. And I did START OUT trying to be polite in my refusals to connect with guys like this but they don't take no for an answer so the politeness has gone away. I haven't been IN this site all that long so we'll see where it goes. So far not much interest here either. Not many Texas men are interested in a pleasingly plump lady, who's a transplant to TX.

Judy56
 Ricardo67
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/17/2006 1:56:47 PM
The main issue is not only so much as not reading the profile, but just not having the ability of being able to point out something on their profile that could make for small talk. Admit it, sometimes us men have a tendency to think we should charm them with our picture (not a chance with MY pic) or a line or two of humor.

I figure I send out 10 letters out a week, mostly because I think the profile of the person is interesting in one form or another.

As to why they don't respond vary by individual. It could be that they are overwhelmed by the amount of mail they receive, they had a bad day, or simply just don't get what I'm writing if it has a slightly twisted since of humor in it.

I'm not a total troll, but if they can't read my profile and "get it" then perhaps I'm better off without them.

The big thing is to simply not take it personal, write and move on and try not to write the same person twice if they rejected you.

The only time *I* don't respond to letters is if I think they're spam.
I'm easy, I'll talk to anyone, but just because I talk to someone doesnt mean I'm going to want to jump in the sack.
 Ricardo67
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/17/2006 4:28:59 PM
That's it, Rock.

Keeping winning them over with that charming personality.
 Ricardo67
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/17/2006 6:09:27 PM
Well, I was thinking the same thing, but it took me awhile to find a camera that wouldn't break, which was an incredible challenge.

The only real reason why I posted my pic was to prove I'm not a total knuckle dragger, and by my wearing glasses, it proves that I have SOME intelligence.
 Judy56
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2006 6:09:41 PM
Way to go Rock.....you sound like the type we DO avoid with good cause. You're a male version of what you so lovingly refer to ALL us women....guess you're out on the town nightly aren't you? Treating women with UTMOST RESPECT!!!!! Yeah right!!!!!
 wbishop
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2006 6:13:39 PM
cmon jess you know your above average
 summer999
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2007 7:01:40 PM
Everyone deserves a reply, unless they are nasty, over suggestive or clearly are sending a mass mail out. There are jerks and players on both sides, but stick with it OP, most are good and just like you. Good Luck fishing.
 ligonmaximus
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2007 11:01:00 PM
I hear where your coming from man......I use to wonder the exact same thing myself. I will tell you most women on INterenet dating websites get so many e-mails they don't have time to respond to all of them so they read the most interesting ones. It's all about the attraction dating game. The best concept I have ever learned was from this dating guru for men called David Deangelo. He taught me that attraction for women isn't a choice. It's our job as men to create chemistry with women and KEEP their attraction. You ever notice how men who are naturals (naturals meaning men who are naturally good at attracting women) interact with women? You ever notice how they are always a challenge to women, how they are REAL men, how good their humor is, how they are masters at flirting and teasing women, and most importantly giving the GIFT of missing them. They don't do like did last week. I went with my heart and acted like a needy wusbag. Have you ever had a woman lose attraction for you within minutes or days? If a woman does I have news for you it isn't your LOOKS. Yes looks does matter somewhat but I have seen some of the ugliest guys before in my lifetime with some of the hottest women. Have ever heard a woman say, "oh he was nice BUT I didn't feel anything" Why do women say this? Why do women make excuses for men they aren't attracted to? Why do women not make excuses for questionable men who you know treat them like dogmess? Attraction isn't a choice...... Men- conscious mind, visual direct
Women- indirect, emotions, sub conscious mind If your falling to attract women more than likely it's a deep inner game issue like insecurity, self esteem, and confidence.

Women are so GREAT at reading men they more than we do very quickly if we have our crap together or not. Myself I don't have my crap together so that's why I shouldn't date period until I do get my crap fully together within my inner core being. :-) Ever known a man with even just a small lack of confidence date? What usually happens? THey fall on their face and fail...... Am I am making sense or no?

I hope you pay attention to what I wrote here there is REAL social science behind it. The first time I ever learned about this stuff last year I was blown away and it made sense every single thing I ever did wrong on dates as to why I wasn't keeping and holding a womans attraction.
 ligonmaximus
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2007 11:13:16 PM
Another thing to prove to you that looks doesn't matters as much...... I have a known a TON of women over the years who would tell me how GREAT they boyfriend is or current steady dating partner and then once they send me his picture the first thought i get it is, "your kidding me" The way they talk you would have thought the guys were Abercrombie models. lol
 ligonmaximus
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2007 12:44:36 AM
I see what your saying Mimi and in my opinon the online world almost gives most attractive women too much power. It's like a HUGE candy store and it only rises their standards even higher. Night all best wishes xxxxxxxxxooooooooooo
 bigruss
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/4/2007 4:09:02 PM
cause there stuck up and if your not sexy to them they wont reply... but if there not sexy to us men and we dont reply boy they get mad;;lol.. as far as not having time to reply thats b,s, they spend hours online doing nothing.;;lol
 jama555us
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/4/2007 5:34:55 PM
I feel everyone's pain as well. I message or used to message many women, and looking at their profiles at least to see if there are some levels of compatibility. I have only received 7 replies out of the numerous messages I had sent out. My photo is not the greatest, and it not reflective 100% since I have lost weight since. But back to the point mentioned, I see and hear about guys here, who are professional, reputable, and appear very serious about getting in a relationship, like me, but alas, the level of replies are minimal, the lack of sincerity, and what they say that they are looking for a serious relationship, and when they meet somebody that is a good catch, they dump him for someone else. I realize that there are women here who want a serious relationship, but they are few and far inbetween. So guys, don't get hung up if they don't respond to you, because if they don't, it is their loss, not yours. It is better to be alone for the right reason, than with someone for the wrong reason. Dallas is not one of the easiest places to date. In one situation, women complain that there are no decent guys around who want a serious relationship, but when they do, they dump him for someone else, especially if he appears to have money, be well dressed, or drive a fancy car.

Unfortunately, this is not truly reflective on all women in Dallas, but you have to learn to sift through the multitudes, to find the right one. Sorry, I had to get this off my chest.
John
 bigruss
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/6/2007 4:33:16 AM
dallas is the easyest place in the usa to get a date. just show her respect and that your true and the most beautifull ladys in the world are here for the good men.
 countrygirl61342
Msg: 126
Posted: 3/6/2007 3:28:15 PM
I do reply to 99% of the emails I receive, which are not that many. But, the ones I do not respond to are the ones from persons who do not bother to read my profile. If my profile was read they would see that I am not on here to have cybersex. When a man starts talking about all that within 2 minutes of a conversation, I lose all interest in him or anything he has to say. It just chaps my butt that some think that is all we as women want. We are not sex objects and it insults my intelligence that we are thought of as such by some. Whatever happened to an intelligent conversation, finding out about each other? I am sorry but the sex chat room is on the other side of the page.
Some women may be on here only to find someone to bump uglies with, but not me. My .02 worth. I will step down off of my soap box and let the fury fly now. Ouch, that hurt.....
Show ALL Forums  > Texas  > Why do most women not reply or give it a try?