Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Psychics - your views?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 3
Psychics - your views?Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

I put psychics in the same category as horoscopes.

And religion. Total nonsense...
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 5
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 9:31:41 AM
I would love to hear your experiences/thoughts

I prognosticate this thread will disappear soon..

Unfortunately, no matter how much we may wish, there is NO one that can predict the future.

Some people pretend that ability, and others may pay them, so they continue to pretend..

The human brain looks for similarities and patterns, tries to fit new info into older experiences. That tendency is SO strong, that we may overlook many differences.

The brain by default searches for whatever similarities it can imagine, and disregards most differences or dissonance..

We tend to see what we want to see, or remember what seemingly fits our expectations and conveniently forget all facts that won't fit.

I will soon forget that this thread was ever here, as it conflicts with my view of reality..

VV a mind that is TOO open, may since have allowed all common sense to evaporate...
 wolftxusa
Msg: 6
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 9:35:29 AM
"However last week I got an urge to speak to the same pyschic again. I wasnt able to get an appointment until next week"
What, that psychic did not see your urge coming? LOL
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 9:53:55 AM
op, i am a psychic of renowned power and accuracy. just from what little you've posted, i predict you will suffer a small but significant financial setback.

there's more, and i would be happy to talk with you. please send your visa number and code to christ@proficy.com.
 greatfnguy
Msg: 8
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 9:59:55 AM
My psychic told me I would respond to this post.
But I misinterpreted her foretelling and posted to all the other times this question has been raised, not knowing I was supposed to wait until this day.

I predict if you type in "psychics" in the search thread feature you will find the answers that you seek.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 11
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 10:27:20 AM
They too, gave a September date for a positive outcome. The dates varied, but all said from 2 weeks from now etc etc..

You have a nice smile, so I predict you will have a new boyfriend sometime in September...

Please forward your cc info for more specific details.. ;) Hope springs eternal..
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 12
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 10:49:21 AM
When I was in college one of my teachers gave me a very odd feeling talking to her. Couldn't put my finger on it, but she made me feel very uncomfortable (naked). In the course of the class, she mentioned she'd been one of the early subjects of the Duke experiments, and tested way off the chart. I then understood what was happening and relaxed. She ended up being one of my favorite humans, being. At one point in her life, she had done palm reading at parties. She was so good that she nearly made *that* her career, lol! I'm glad she didn't, or I wouldn't have met her.

OPie, there are peeps out there that are genetically unable to believe (they seem to be missing the proper brain receptors). I think your attitude is an enormously more useful one. That said, there are all *kinds* of sources available, and some are hooked to some not so good parts of the Universe. And on the whole, it's better to keep the bad vibes out, and let the good ones in. Tarot and Ouija fall into the terrible vibes area for me, though they can indeed be *very* accurate. A cleaner and more "holy" place, for me, would be the I Ching -- look into it. You can easily learn to do it yourself.

A good outcome, BTW, could mean that you will have healed and moved on, eh?

Use your gut, and good luck!
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 13
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 11:11:24 AM

How do you view psychics? Have you ever used them? Have you had a positive outcome? I didnt ring to find out that my ex would return, I rang in order to gain some help in moving on. I wanted to resign myself to the fact the relationship was over. So the predictions took me by surprise. I iterated to each pyschic once they picked up I had recently broken up with my ex, that I wanted to move on, that there was no need to be nice, and each one said that they were telling me what they saw, they were not trying to give me false comfort...

I believe if you hear something enough, especially if you want to hear it..It will have an influence on you and therefore more likely to occur.

Some call it visualization/brainwashing.

That is why many people meditate and read so many empowerment books ect.

I think there are spiritual people and intuitive people and intuition is probably more from experience than
some POWER they claim to have.

No I do not believe in phone physics , tarot cards or horrible scopes.
They want your MONEY.

Someone with a true gift would IMO do something of a higher calling FREE.

I predict from experience..This will be deleted.

I think these should be used for entertainment purposes only just like they have to DISCLAIM before taking your money.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 14
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 11:33:15 AM
I believe if you hear something enough, especially if you want to hear it..It will have an influence on you and therefore more likely to occur.

Some call it visualization/brainwashing.

Right on pepper.. It's called priming, when we are pushed to take confirming actions

and make enough of the correct choices when possible that can combine into a positive future experience INSTEAD of leaving it to Fate..
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 15
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 11:33:23 AM
I believe anything is possible. The human brain is largely untapped in our every day life. The possibilities if we could/did tap more of our own brain power may be unlimited.

However, I also think it's important to keep the idea of psychics (or anything else that has the ability to sway our choices) in perspective. Remember YOU have to make your choices, not some person on the other side of a table or telephone.

Nutt
 dmd7
Msg: 18
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 11:57:00 AM
I have a very dear friend who is a psychic as is her daughter.

I have known the mom for over 10 years and she doesn't charge me when I see her nor does she read cards for me but I will tell you that when I walk in I say nothing to her and every single thing she has told me has been dead on the money.

My future? Nobody can predict that at all, people change as do circumstances but from my job, to family and friends and even deaths in the family and relationships it has always been exactly right.

A friend of mine had told me some things about one of her family members and I never said a word and when I went to visit the psychic and her husband I said not a word and she looked at me and everything that came out of her mouth was exactly what my friend had just told me days before that.

She doesn't tell me what to do nor does she advise me in any way and I do what I want to do and what is right for me no matter what.

I love her as a person and she is a great woman. I know and work with several people who do see her as customers and they all say she has never been wrong.

I just find it all interesting.
 abelian
Msg: 19
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 12:02:29 PM

I would love to hear your experiences/thoughts

Since the Randi Foundation is offering $1,000,000.00 cash to anyone who can demonstrate true paranormal ability, I'd be more than happy to date anyone who passed the test. There are a lot worse things in life than dating a wealthy woman with real psychic ability. Short of that, I'd have to pass on anyone who believed that non-sense. To me it indicates a person isn't cognizant of any science that's been going on during the last several centuries.
 tj_0142
Msg: 20
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 12:10:48 PM
Living in jersey, the shore is fool of them,(correct spelling) nothing but the positive power of suggestion after a few quick interviewing questions. These people who claim to be psychics do a great job of reading body language and reactions.

A sucker was born everyday
 mr.evil
Msg: 21
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 12:11:18 PM
Hmmmm, I predict, you will get many emails OP, not because I have powers, but because your cute! Oh, no charge for that!

I did this once on a cruise ship, yeah they said some things that were true, some things that did happen. Now being the evil person I am, I suspect EVERYTHING, unless I understand it.

To understand this, some people are just more intuitve about others. Some of this comes from "tells". They way you dress, the way you talk, the way your body moves(body language) and several other things.

Now as to specifics your people shared with you, no I can't explain it.

However, there are many in this field that are frauds. Just like those who see Christs face in a peanut butter sandwich, or stain on the side of a building, they WANT to believe, maybe even need to. People want to be in control, they're not. To foster some sense of it, they seek the help of others, especially in times of stress, priests, ministers, witches, psyhics, gypsies, gods and the like.

Sorry, doesn't make it so. However when I celebrate the next solstice, good druid that I am, I will consult the bones for you.
 Rebluez
Msg: 23
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 1:19:52 PM
I'll believe in psychics when one wins the lottery, until then they're just taking a 50/50 shot at guessing.

Bluez
Msg: 24
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 3:19:13 PM
This is a bad question to ask in pof land which is basically the land of "I believe in nothing but what I can see,taste,touch,understand and can experience myself".

Personally I don't really know.I am not so arrogant that I pretend to everyone that I understand and know everything there is too know.There is much we don't understand and much we don't know.Our knowledge of the universe and it's workings is about as vast as a grain of sand on a beach.
 eastwood969
Msg: 25
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 3:46:37 PM
I went to my psychic last week, he predicted that I would be alive this week and I am, so I know these psychics know exactly what they are talking about. I went to a pof psychic after I sent out my first email and she said it wouldn't turn into a date and it didn't, I said wow that is amazing, these people know everything.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 26
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 5:07:06 PM
I have had some very accurate Tarot readings done a few times.
I have also met some fakes.
So not something I recommend.

My ex-wife had a psychic tell her she would be remarried in a years time.
Which was good news for her and I was happy for her too.
A year passed and she was remarried....
to a complete and total jerk.
Neither her kids or family can stand the guy.
She's miserable.
(I have no dog in that fight, so don't care)

So in light of that, I prefer my future to remain unknown.
I figure I'd be happier and braver not knowing if a bus is gonna run me over.
:-P
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 27
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 6:25:47 PM

I wnat to believe it was real and that psychic ability exisits.

There you have it. You post is pointless because you already carved in stone what your beliefs are, and no one here is going to flip those beliefs. You posted solely to have a group hug from like-minded people. You have no interest whatsoever concerning research of psychic phenomena, despite your camouflaged attempts at sounding reluctant to "buy-in" to fortune-tellers and the like.

All these psychics need is a customer who is pre-sold on the concept, and they can milk you for dollars endlessly by simply telling stories of people who were saved or did well based on some "reading". No paperwork or documentation necessary -- You Want To Believe, like some X-File-aphile, so you're gonna keep paying to hear good news. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Go out, have fun. I guess it's easier to blame the Universe or Mother Nature or the Gods or Evil Spirits or magic dust-mites for any misfortune in your life than actually accepting responsibility for your own care and maintenance. Psychic readings and organized religion are merely coping mechanisms to deal with personal failures and doubt.

You are not a failure for believing in such things, but don't allow yourself to become a failure because you are too afraid to face the REAL WORLD.
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 29
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 7:23:55 PM
Sure, I believe in predicting the future.....I see you paying money out to psychic's and them enjoying spending the money.

Personally I feel there might be some who have abilities beyond the norm, but for the most part if anything happens it is rare and uncontrolled, a random thing, and minor. We have heard of a psychic helping the police, but were we there to see it all?

A person can have a strong feeling something bad is going to happen...and it does, but bad things are happening all the time, major things around the world on a daily basis. The strong feeling came on because something triggered some inner emotion, that brought on this feelings, when in fact it was just these emotions triggered.

But a person having the ability to explain the future, the past, contact spirits, etc....at will? Not hardly.

If this were the case you would see them mopping up the cash at the local race horse track, not setting up shop in some old house...lol.
 bikeman1467
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 7:54:18 PM
A "good" psychic is merely someone who is well practiced at the schtick in which they perform. They are "people persons", meaning they generally read people well; they ask questions which indirectly force you to reveal facts about yourself which they then can spin with a high degree of probability into a spiel which you can relate to. The "psychic" doesn't have psychic abilities per se, but I admit they can be entertaining; I certainly would NOT drop my dimes to them to have them relate details of my life to me that anyone with any sort of superficial perception would recognize.
 NarcissusTemple
Msg: 32
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 8:21:01 PM

Psychic ability does exist, we all have it

Not me--I had mine removed.
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 34
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 8:41:53 PM
I tend to think the main value in tarot card readings and such lies in their ability to get us thinking about our own lives a little more in depth, and tap into our own intuition as to how we interpret that the message applies to us. They are never very specific, always vague enough to make us ponder how it applies to situations in our lives personally, and a little self reflection could benefit anyone.
 JustAGrlWthACat
Msg: 35
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 9:13:00 PM
"psychics"
good con artists, good at what they do evident by the money they extract from gullible people. So more power to them.
 arwen52
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/19/2010 9:47:57 PM

How do you view psychics?

Charlatans.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Psychics - your views?