Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Good Date, Good Company but when i tried to kiss her...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 2
Good Date, Good Company but when i tried to kiss her...Page 1 of 1    

Need a lil more time.. few wounds i need to heal

'Nuff said.

Move on.
 raxarsr
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Good Date, Good Company but when i tried to kiss her...
Posted: 8/21/2010 6:23:43 PM
sounds pretty simple to me......she didnt want to kiss on the first date.........maybe she wont on the second or third either........it sounds like you both had a good time.............and she did contact you to explain............to me...sounds pretty positive.....

unless your still in jr high and all you want are the physical aspects of a date........ask her out again.....................
 E_keys
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/21/2010 7:14:53 PM
I think you were right to ask her to clarify "doesn't want to kiss you now" vs "doesn't want to date you now at all"; and your response was interested and respectful.

This is a case where I think it's reasonable to send emails or texts, rather than putting oneself/others on the spot realtime, asking and telling difficult personal things to somebody they don't yet know.

Good luck - and don't forget to keep looking elsewhere too!
 daynadaze
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2010 7:27:56 PM
I think there's a big difference between wanting to get to know you better, keep dating but not wanting to kiss just yet. I don't want to kiss someone I just met, I'm not looking for that on a first date or the first several dates, how could I possibly know you well enough to know if I want to move onto kissing, that soon? I don't know if your date feels the same way I do, but she said nice things about the date, just that she wasn't ready for the kissing part. Now I did wonder about her saying some other relationship makes he not ready to move forward, that is crap I think, if you aren't ready to date someone then don't. But the kiss part, too much too soon.
 Helen0426
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/21/2010 10:46:21 PM
Sounds like a good response. She was pretty ambiguous! Requesting clarification is "no foul," and you were very nice about it.

Good luck!
 SugahPunkin
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/22/2010 3:26:29 AM
I had a really hard time kissing someone after I had ended a 2 year relationship. Maybe she just needs time.
For me, it didnt matter how much I liked the new guy, I kinda felt like I was "cheating" even tho we were not toether anymore. I think I had to just get the feelings completely gone. (Which they are now..lol) but it took me awhile to not feel guilty like I was doing something wrong.
On some sense its a compliment. She wants it to be good and right with a clear mind. She's not taking you for granted but taking it slowly..
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/22/2010 5:01:17 AM
OP your return email was very well said.

This sounds positive to me.
 abelian
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/22/2010 6:32:56 AM
Write her off. If she's really interested in you, she'll let you know.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/22/2010 9:09:49 AM
I don't want to kiss a guy I just met an hour or so earlier either - no matter how much potential there is to date him in the future, I'm just not comfortable with that. I'm not freely affectionate either though - I am only that way with people I know well and care about.

It's possible that she didn't want to kiss you right away, but in the next date or two will not only want to kiss, but will initiate one. I think all looks good based on what you posted. Go with it.
 summer1717
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/22/2010 11:25:35 AM
I would go out her again. I don't necessarily think she was uninterested in you. Perhaps she just wasn't ready to kiss you yet. But she could be ready by the next end of the next date.
 BeatrixKiddo2010
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/22/2010 11:54:27 AM
Maybe she has cold sores. I got them from an ex, so even if I'm into a guy I don't always lean in for a kiss on a first date, because I don't want to "infect" someone new until I tell them I have them. Maybe she has "something" she's worried about.

Maybe she was just nervous. Guys forget that we get nervous on first dates too. I still do. Even if I really dig a guy, I'm not always ready for a kiss on the first date. Sometimes it takes me a little longer to build up the courage to do it.

So, I wouldn't sweat it. Ask her out again and see where it goes. It can't hurt. If months go by with no kiss, I'd be worried. But I'm amazed at how many people think something is "wrong" just because either gender is not ready for a kiss or anything that intimate on a first date. Not all of us are ready for that just yet.

If she's still "healing", she just needs more time. Guess it depends on how long you want to wait and stick around. If you feel she's worth it, keep asking her out. But if not, move on. It's really up to you.
 scottey63
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2010 1:51:24 PM
Leave it. If she has "wounds" she needs to heal, she isn't ready for dating and shouldn't be dating.
 JustAGrlWthACat
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/22/2010 1:54:48 PM
i agree, "wounds i need to heal yet" and such is an easy let down. guys use it, girls use it. she's not a bad person by any means, just staying within her comfort level.
 snipehunter77
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/22/2010 8:19:08 PM
They all have issues. I say give her another chance and if she seems to be all about her issues, move on.
 brad29483
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/22/2010 9:57:50 PM
Just blow it off, date other chicks. If you don't obsess over it she may work her issues out and come back to you. If not, you got other chicks to date, its all good.

Women in western society are spoiled, they have their pick of who they want to date, if you play into that, you come across as weak. Ever wonder why the "bad boys" get the chicks? because they don't put up with the little spoiled girl bullsh!t.

This chick is testing you, because she wants to like you, but you have to care more about yourself than her bullsh!t.

*note: I do not acknowledge the existence of "bad boys", it is just an easily recognizable model to use.
 *buzz*
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2010 7:46:20 AM
I would think that she reflected on the *farewell* moment and felt that in some way she either ruined the date or let you feel that she was not on the same page - now you know because of her few wounds needed to heal.

I agree with deborah815 - get in touch and face-to-face discuss "the hiccup". Good luck!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Good Date, Good Company but when i tried to kiss her...