Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Mr. Sandman, send me a dream      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DrKimono
Msg: 1
Mr. Sandman, send me a dreamPage 1 of 1    
The other night, I had a vivid dream, and in the morning, I wrote down the things that happened. I was amazed that although the elements of the dream were like a code, they gave me insight into my life.

Science tells us that if we go very long without dreaming, we'll die. It just messes us up that much. For some strange reason, we are supposed to spend a certain amount of time processing and sorting our waking events in the dream state.

I've been invited to attend a Native American sweat lodge ceremony this fall at which time after this ceremony, when it cools down, I will sleep in the lodge while the Shaman keeps vigil outside. It is during this time that spirits show up and sometimes out-of-body events happen. It's going to take some courage, but it is a great honor to be invited. I'm sure I will be having some type of dreams, and it will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. (Drugs are not used at this sweat lodge, but I wouldn't partake of those anyway.)

How about you? Have you ever learned anything from a dream? Had an out-of-body experience? Do you have romantic dreams or just crazy symbolic dreams? What kind of a dream would you most like to have?
 ~~Jackie~~
Msg: 2
Mr. Sandman, send me a dream
Posted: 8/23/2010 9:07:25 PM
I frequently have work related dreams. If I am struggling with part of a program I'm writing, I dream about it and then do the code and design for it the next day... perfect.

Dreaming is something that has helped me to deal with struggles my entire life. Sometimes when I'm already immersed in the problem, sometimes before it happens. Most dreams for me mean absolutely nothing. But, the ones that DO are always highly beneficial at some point.
 TJ7
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/24/2010 12:00:37 PM
Unfortunately - due to recent stresses over the past year - my dreams consist of:

~ Me ripping into the boss who "laid" me off and going back and suing him - grrrr

~ Being in or watching tornadoes - actually love these

~ Seeing old high school friends

Most of the time, I don't remember what I dream - but after watching the movie Inception, I am trying to remember more.
 climbsagain
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/24/2010 12:47:43 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^Science tells us that if we go very long without dreaming, we'll die. It just messes us up that much. For some strange reason, we are supposed to spend a certain amount of time processing and sorting our waking events in the dream state

I am curious. Dying from not dreaming. Is it because the type of sleep that allows us to dream is the sleep we need most for the body to recover. If so it is a matter of dying from lack of sleep, not the lack od freaming that occurs when the proper sleep pattern is also occuring?
 DesertFox3
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2010 12:54:50 PM

Science tells us that if we go very long without dreaming, we'll die. It just messes us up that much. For some strange reason, we are supposed to spend a certain amount of time processing and sorting our waking events in the dream state

I don't dream anymore, perhaps I'm on my way out.
 TJ7
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/24/2010 1:23:06 PM
I thought it was proven that we ALL dream - it doesn't necessarily mean that we remember what, why and when we dream. Maybe I'm wrong
 climbsagain
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/24/2010 3:01:38 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I thought it was proven that we ALL dream - it doesn't necessarily mean that we remember what, why and when we dream. Maybe I'm wrong

True, some folks do not remember the dreams as they wake up while they are not dreaming........ others simply sleep less, thus they dream less. You have to close your eyes to dream.
 TJ7
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/24/2010 3:50:43 PM
^^^^Oh believe me - with me in school and studying nightly - I have absolutely NO problem closing my eyes to sleep - it's getting my butt UP in the morning that's the problem

climbsagain
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/24/2010 5:40:10 PM
Dreams are a good thing when you are working very hard..........relief from the day.....me I dream about rock climbing......some of my best climbs have occured in my dreams prior to the actual climbing.....nice way to go!
 DesertFox3
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2010 1:00:29 AM

True, some folks do not remember the dreams as they wake up while they are not dreaming........ others simply sleep less, thus they dream less. You have to close your eyes to dream.

I suppose 3-5 hours of sleep is not enough?

me I dream about rock climbing......some of my best climbs have occured in my dreams prior to the actual climbing.....nice way to go!

That reminds me of that commercial when a kid was dreaming about playing in the NFL, low & behold he wakes up the next morning (Christmas) & finds a kiddie fake out SF 49'ers uniform under the tree!

When I did dream, I don't think I ever dreamed about anything I enjoyed.
 climbsagain
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/25/2010 4:27:12 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^I suppose 3-5 hours of sleep is not enough?

No it is not enough. the dream cycle repats every 90 minutes and may last for uo to one hour. Again if you are not sleeping you are not dreaming, it is that simple. Perhaps there are many here trying to find the love of their lives. not that is dreaming! This group really needs to sleep more often!
 DesertFox3
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2010 10:46:20 AM
Perhaps there are many here trying to find the love of their lives. not that is dreaming!

Now that was funny !

This group really needs to sleep more often!

I keep a strange schedule & a regular sleep pattern is a luxury, if I create one it is more than often interupted to accomadate those who are on a regular schedule.
 DrKimono
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/26/2010 11:19:46 AM
I had a sleep study done to see if I had any problems with sleep apnea. But with all those electrodes attached to my head, plus sleeping in strange surroundings, I didn't sleep as well there as I do at home. How can they tell anything about it that way? I also was very self-conscious that someone was watching me sleep. I'm glad all that interference didn't cause a false diagnosis. I just had a problem going into REM sleep.

Several years ago, I dreamed that my brother died. Woke up in a sweat and a panic, gasping for breath. I called him and asked when he had had his last checkup. He said funny that I should ask because he was having some problems. He went to the doctor, but they found nothing. I wanted him to check further, but he didn't. Less than a year went by and he was dead of pancreatic cancer.

Yes, dreaming is complicated sometimes.
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Mr. Sandman, send me a dream