Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > a bridge to far      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~Hams~
Msg: 4
view profile
History
a bridge to farPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I say no to the bridge!
We all ready have plenty of doormice in England and the last thing
we need is a bunch of Welsh ones coming over here so they can sleep around
with our females and then run off back to The Valleys with their tail between their legs.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 23
view profile
History
a bridge to far
Posted: 8/27/2010 4:40:57 AM
The toads got their underpasses, right? Still, in the realm of public works $190K (or was it pounds?) is a pretty cheap bridge.
ED BEAR
 doc50
Msg: 25
view profile
History
a bridge to far
Posted: 1/22/2011 3:55:55 AM
my first time on one of these forums.

what happens to these dormice as they exit this bridge. have the planners considered that once an owl or such bird gets wind of this constant food supply, they could decimate the dormouse population faster than any car could squish them. i think they are better off taking there chances crossing the road, would save us £199,000 to boot.
 doc50
Msg: 27
view profile
History
a bridge to far
Posted: 1/22/2011 4:44:33 AM
extra £9000, typing error or inflation. your choice

i know an old lady who swallowed a fly. syndrome
 Strider886
Msg: 28
view profile
History
a bridge to far
Posted: 1/22/2011 5:05:00 AM
190 grand?

Someone on the council got a nice back hander for handing out that contract!!!!
 Forrest Grump
Msg: 29
view profile
History
a bridge to far
Posted: 1/26/2011 3:16:35 PM
I’m surprised to see that some of our anti – EU posters, have not yet commentated on the fact that this bridge was erected to comply with the EU Habitats Directive.

Hams Msg 5

We all ready have plenty of doormice in England and the last thing
we need is a bunch of Welsh ones coming over here so they can sleep around
with our females and then run off back to The Valleys with their tail between their legs.

How do you know the dormice are Welsh? They could easily be English dormice, returning home after finding their holiday nests have been burned to the ground by the Friends of the Welsh Dormice.

Cheburashka Msg 13

Are you guys still honestly still proud of England?

It was the Welsh ‘who done it’.

Doc50 Msg 29

what happens to these dormice as they exit this bridge. have the planners considered that once an owl or such bird gets wind of this constant food supply,…

This thought struck me as well. It’s a fast food outlet for owls, other birds and cats.

On looking further I came upon this -

http://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/news/the-construction-index-news/Taylor-Wimpey-to-build-500-000-dormice-bridge-in-Somerset-development

Make a mental note - buy shares in the company providing these bridges.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > a bridge to far