Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > a no show for meet ups      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
a no show for meet upsPage 1 of 1    
I can't tell you what you SHOULD do, but I would not continue to waste any more of my life on a person who clearly has no intention of meeting me.

I meet people within more or less two weeks of first contact at most, because all the online interaction in the world means nothing if you don't connect in real life.
 Mathostx
Msg: 9
view profile
History
a no show for meet ups
Posted: 8/31/2010 8:07:07 AM
*takes man card an cuts off a corner, shakes head*

My advice would be to drop her like a lead brick and move on, just make sure she doesn't hit your foot when you drop her.

In the little over a year I've been on here, and I've met about 1 or 2 people a month, on average, I've only had two people do that so far. One was early on and the same bs went on for close to 6 months. And the other ones been more recent and has gone on for about 2 months. Never did meet that first one, far as I know anyway, and highly doubt I'm gonna keep talking to the second one much after this weekend, or if I don't hear from her, tomorrow. So I know what you're going through. One of those, don't like to give up the opportunity to meet someone because you never know who you'll have a connection with. Bad part about that second one was, for about the first week or so, she'd considered calling in to work to meet, and I'd tried to help out if she did, after that though it hasn't gone anywhere.

Cold hard reality is, she's wasting your time and you're allowing her to do so. Remember, when it comes down to it, a woman doesn't want a doormat or someone that she can walk all over and get away with it. You've most likely either been put in the friend zone, or on the shelf with the other back up plans. Some people like to play games, especially when it comes to internet dating. Like someone else said, I usually meet within 1 or 2 weeks of first contact. 99% of the time if the other person is really interested in meeting it'll happen within that time frame. If there is distance and schedule conflict involved, I'll give maybe a month to a month and a half as it can be hard to get time off, even then I won't go over 100miles.
 c_deacon
Msg: 12
view profile
History
a no show for meet ups
Posted: 8/31/2010 8:52:51 AM
Agreed!! This women has some hidden things that she does not want you to know about and wants to keep you on the computer and part of her fantasy.......

My guess is that she has a husband or significant other and can not find a way to meet without problems, and/or she is 20+ pounds heavier than her pictures, or they are not even hers.

Move on and find a real person to know!!

cd..........
 daynadaze
Msg: 15
view profile
History
a no show for meet ups
Posted: 8/31/2010 10:32:26 AM
If you enjoy talking to her, keep doing so, but if you are looking for a date, she's wasting your time. Think of her as an online friend you are never going to meet in person.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > a no show for meet ups