Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > All right, where am I going wrong      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AlphonseO
Msg: 1
view profile
History
All right, where am I going wrongPage 1 of 1    
I seem to get people to look but not bite, so I assume I am using the wrong bait.
I have sent numerous note to members of the opposite sex and none respond.
Where am I going wrong? I realize I am a big Guy, but that can't be a turn off to every woman. So Tell me where am I going wrong?

AlphonseO
 AlphonseO
Msg: 2
view profile
History
All right, where am I going wrong
Posted: 8/31/2010 1:52:54 PM
Thank you to the both of you. Your criticism is well taken, I shall revise accordingly

Any other comments are certainly wlcome.
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/31/2010 5:54:09 PM
I didn't read the others posting but here is my brief take on yours or anyones else profile

Why in the world do people put what they don't want? DO they think it is going to stop people with those tendencies from contacting them? NO, it doesn't, those folks don't even recognize they behave the way you find so off putting. Focus on only what you want...

Also, and this is probably just me, but I won't date men around my age (dirt) who has young children. Yeah that might makes me a terrible person, but I am good with that.

Women are more forgiving of men that are overweight than men are of women (note I didn't say all women or all men).
 You go first
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/31/2010 8:28:29 PM
Instead of "Hugs" and "Holding Hands" in the Interests field, why not "Pulled Pork", "Micro brews" or "Martinis"? I would venture it's safe to say most women enjoy hugs and holdings hands...

In your pictures, you really don't look like you're having any fun. I also reaaaallly hate it when people put their kids' pictures on their profiles. Cute as they are, this is a Dating site. a) we're not here to date your kids, and b) does their mom know!?

You have a certain Paul Tuetel thing (Orange County Chopper Guy) happening that could be attractive to some. But again, smile. Think naughty thoughts, then have someone take a picture. :)

What kind of women is attractive to you? Without being vulgar or negative, what is she like? Curvy? Tall/petite? Freckles? Enjoys sharing a kitchen? Use your imagination and avoid cliches.
 AlphonseO
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2010 9:23:09 AM
Okay, Thanks for all the great input. I have made several revisions.
I guess a Picture with a smile would be in-order.

Please give me your input on the latest.
I am terible at selling my self, I must be asking to much, maybe an end of season sale.

If a person is what they eat, im fast, cheap, and easy!
 AlphonseO
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2010 10:10:27 AM
So How often can one expect a inquiry from a profile?
 You go first
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/3/2010 9:53:07 PM
Guys apparently are lucky if they get one a month or less frequently.

It's also been reported most guys get about a 10% return on outgoing messages.
 AlphonseO
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2010 6:40:41 AM
Added some photos, be honest are they alright?
I get like NO response's.
What Da heck????
 You go first
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/15/2010 7:56:55 AM
The smiling photo in the red shirt should be your main.

Part of the problem may be you describe yourself as 'A few extra pounds'. I'd venture to say that is a tad underestimated. You can see a picture of me in my profile, and I've used "a few extra pounds". Unless your photos are at particularly bad angles, you should consider changing that.

What are your first messages like? Are they short, light-humoured and profile specific? Are you writing to Barbie-doll women who get hundreds of messages or are you focusing on more realistic targets? If you'd like to see how your messages are coming across, feel free to use my profile as a test sample and send me a practice message for private comment. No charge.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > All right, where am I going wrong