Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Relationship advice      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tockra
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Relationship advicePage 1 of 1    
Well I've turned to the internet to see if I can get some advice as to what I am doing wrong. I'm 24, almost 25, and until last year I hadn't dated anyone in person (several online things) in years and even then they weren't serious. I've dated 3 girls in a year and all of them ended up blowing up in 3 months or less. Every time things seemed to be going great, then in a couple days time shit hits the fan. I'm a guy who treats a woman right, I buy flowers, and compliment them. I'm not saying I'm all nice, I do tend to have a perverted side, but so have most of the girls I dated. We would joke around and all of that. My main problem is since I didn't date a lot, I'm a bad kisser and because of that I really don't have the confidence I would like. I've also talked to a lot of friends, etc who say a girl says she wants a guy who will treat her right, but underneath she wants an ass. I tried being**** with a girl I had a crush on and it worked well, until 2 weekends ago I kinda reverted back to my typical self again and now she hasn't talked to me in over a week. I just need some advice, what should I do to improve my confidence, how should I become less....nice?, and how do I improve my kissing? I have tried asking all my friends who are women, but they said they need to show me, but I have 0 single friends who are women lol. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 2
Relationship advice
Posted: 9/1/2010 5:44:45 AM
I would think the only way to know if you're a bad kisser is if someone either recoils from your kiss or if they tell you you're bad, in which case, you should ask for specific guidance. But in general, avoid too much/too little of anything: too much saliva/ too little saliva, too much tongue/ too little tongue, too much suction/ too little suction, too many short kisses/ too many long kisses. The ones I've considered really bad kissers usually involved too much tongue-- it was like they were trying to lick my tonsils or something. But bad kissers have been rare so unless you've specifically been told you suck, you may not be as bad as you think.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 3
Relationship advice
Posted: 9/1/2010 2:10:23 PM
Plain and simple: If you are upset that women you like are interested in guys who are bad for them - then you have POOR TASTE IN WOMEN. Look into that. Why would you purposely choose, keep track of and pine over women who like to torture themselves? Makes no sense - in fact you're doing the same thing you claim they're doing. Wanting something that's bad for them.

P.S. Women who don't want you aren't "all" women.

Carry on.
 ladyc4
Msg: 4
Relationship advice
Posted: 9/1/2010 5:10:00 PM

a girl says she wants a guy who will treat her right, but underneath she wants an ass.

Absofreakinlutely. If he don't have an ass underneath him, what, pray tell, is he supposed to SIT on?
Sorry, just could not pass that up.

I tried being**** with a girl I had a crush on and it worked well, until 2 weekends ago I kinda reverted back to my typical self again and now she hasn't talked to me in over a week.
Well, that's because you confused her! Which is the REAL you? You may have given her cause for concern that you are afflicted with bipolar disorder!

I just need some advice, what should I do to improve my confidence, how should I become less....nice?,
Ahh, let's see...why not kill off a couple of people who are a waste of skin( like people who sell drugs to children) and do 2o yrs in prison?
I'm KIDDING, I'M KIDDING!
You improve your confidence by learning to respect and like YOURSELF. Some honest self-examination may be in order, and I dunno, maybe you have a sister or female cousin who can give you an honest but KIND evaluation of your general appearance, grooming, demeanor.
Look, I don't know what the hell GIRLS want these days...boyfriends that are vampires and werewolves maybe? But women want men who can indicate a sincere interest in them without coming across as needy, or putting on a bunch of either fake "niceness" or fake "jerkness"-when we see evidence that a guy is putting on some kind of act, rather than being himself(best foot forward), it makes us wonder why the hell he needs a girlfriend so damn bad that he's making a spectacle of himself with either artificial niceness, or artificial d*ckheadedness.
Cindy O
 Wise_Monk
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Relationship advice
Posted: 9/1/2010 9:12:51 PM
Whenever a person hasn't had a lot of experience with something, it lends the possibility of building myth within that person's mind. There is no doubt that there are a lot of younger women who are going for men who are complete fools with no future, but there are also plenty of younger women who are not. What you encounter largely has to do with the social circles you move in so you have to weigh that in connection with your experiences and try not to conclude across the board.

I believe that the best person suitable is the person who accepts you for who you are. Though many people I've come across disagree, I believe it's better to be single than to be with someone who is at odds with your very being, or someone who you have to be a phony around in order to keep in your company. Many people are in relationships like that, and I don't know how they can maintain their sanity... perhaps they aren't maintaining it? Hmmmm.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Relationship advice