Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > No strings attached      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsMicki
Msg: 2
view profile
History
No strings attachedPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
We can only guess.
And you're gonna get a plethora of guesses.

Only way to really find out.......is to ask him.

and I've never heard of a "no strings" that didn't involve sex!!
No strings without sex......would be a friend.
 MsMicki
Msg: 5
view profile
History
No strings attached
Posted: 9/1/2010 7:38:23 PM
Let the guessing begin!!

If I was to "guess"......the "want to get you to know you more" would make me
assume he's becoming interested in an actual relationship.
 Walts
Msg: 7
No strings attached
Posted: 9/1/2010 7:42:42 PM
It ain't rocket science. He's confusing ya with BS. But hell,,,go for it and ask him. Come back and give us his answer,,,,just for shiats and giggles. (I'm really starting to figure out what these forums are REALLY for. )
 ItsMargo
Msg: 8
view profile
History
No strings attached
Posted: 9/1/2010 7:43:45 PM

If I was to "guess"......the "want to get you to know you more" would make me
assume he's becoming interested in an actual relationship.

^^ that's my guess too. I'm thinking he's beginning to want a string or two.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 9
No strings attached
Posted: 9/1/2010 7:46:15 PM
My guess is that he meant no strings attached sex, and you misinterpreted it - and he's now talking in a relationship context to get you to give in and sleep with him (at which point, he'll probably go back to the "meh" thing).
 sweetest
Msg: 13
view profile
History
No strings attached
Posted: 9/1/2010 8:12:11 PM

Ok, you are approached by someone who says they want to have a no strings attached relationship.

^^^This means a sexual relationship.

You agree, and in your mind you're thinking a friend to go to movies, dinner, concerts etc, everything but sex(at least that's what I think). I've done everything with this guy except sleep with him.

^^^And that's precisely the one thing he wanted and what is implied by NSA.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 17
view profile
History
No strings attached
Posted: 9/2/2010 12:40:51 AM
it sounds like a classic friend zone situation, with the guy trying to work his way into your pants via the usual begging ....

maybe one day you will give me a chance

the only difference from the typical situation is he cut to the chase rather than trying to court you, and you said yes without a clue.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 25
No strings attached
Posted: 9/2/2010 4:56:08 AM

You agree, and in your mind you're thinking a friend to go to movies, dinner, concerts etc, everything but sex

Let me get this straight: you thought a guy wanted all the trappings of a relationship but none of that awful sex stuff? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's priceless.
 Wise_Monk
Msg: 31
view profile
History
No strings attached
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:23:24 PM
A lot of questions come up because of a lack of asking the person of subject. I would advise anyone to concentrate on getting clear explanations of what your mate or potential mate is saying. If the person is not willing to give you clear explanations, then you have to immediately consider that a bad sign/future indicator.

No matter how many opinions you get, the best source is going to be from the person who steered you to ask the question, provided they aren't deceitful as of course that would open a different can of worms.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 34
No strings attached
Posted: 9/2/2010 4:27:25 PM
I like this line of thought. The next guy that asks me about starting a no strings attached deal, I'm going to tell him I'm relieved that he doesn't want sex because those who sleep with me always end up attached.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 42
view profile
History
No strings attached
Posted: 9/2/2010 10:18:56 PM
No strings attached just means we don't want to share our dental floss. Sex never crosses out mind. In reality, we just buy women dinners and pay for concerts because we like to watch you eat and scream. Duhhh
 Codeguru
Msg: 43
view profile
History
No strings attached
Posted: 9/3/2010 7:25:01 PM
I suggest finding someone who will take things as they go and not define your relationship with a label the second they meet you. People already have an idea of what they want out of a relationship, so he's got that and now you've both got a label to try and live up to and be limited by constantly. And in my mind, no strings means have sex and go away, which is not that appealing...

Codeguru
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 51
No strings attached
Posted: 11/16/2010 1:43:23 PM
No strings attached means he want to untie the strings on your bikini.
 Hands of gold
Msg: 52
view profile
History
No strings attached
Posted: 11/16/2010 1:44:22 PM
I don't know if you meant to, but you just turned the tables on this guy and took the power in the relationship. He was offering NSA, which basically means that he gets to diddle you and not worry about treating you like a girlfriend. You agreed, but instead he got a girlfriend who he has to date and court, but gets no sex.

You are a genius by accident. However, the moment that you sleep with him, he gets the power back and can go back to ignoring you or dropping you altogether. Be sure you clarify the relationship before hitting the sack with him. Not that that will give you any guarantee, but at least it is something.

Or.....Maybe it was because you were acting aloof and not chasing him that makes him want you more.
 ICtheLite
Msg: 54
view profile
History
No strings attached
Posted: 11/16/2010 7:35:28 PM

in your mind you're thinking a friend to go to movies, dinner, concerts etc, everything but sex(at least that's what I think). I've done everything with this guy except sleep with him.

When he finds out you didn't think sex was part of the bargain you might not need any suggestions at all...

Tell him sex would ruin your friendship and you wouldn't want to do that

I'd pay money to see the look on his face !!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > No strings attached