Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one years salary a Big Settlement      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 2
Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one years salary a Big SettlementPage 1 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
The big difference between Tiger's settlement and the average joe's is that one year's salary isn't going to hamper his lifestyle at all. I wouldn't necessarily say he got off easy but it's certainly less painful to him than a $50K settlement would be to somebody who earns $50K/year.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one years salary a Big Settlement
Posted: 9/2/2010 9:22:28 AM
I thought the divorce settlement was $750 million... and that's not including his monthly payments for child support...
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/2/2010 9:29:15 AM
Jane do you think this is a big settlement or is Tiger getting off easy.

Tiger's salary apparently made many women go weak in the knees...

Now we finally have the answer for what do many women want.. A tiger woods to marry then divorce, or at least have an infamous affair with...

Notice to all the lovely ladies in POFerland: Tiger is now available for a limited time.. AGAIN !

Lint Spotter
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 11:06:07 AM

100 million dollars... It boggles the mind, and will surely wash away any vestigial traces of shame lingering from her public shame during the ordeal... About 50x over.
No amount of money is worth having your trust, love and marriage torn to shreds publicly. The $100 million (though I still heard it was much higher) will afford her a luxurious lifestyle, but still not the one she signed on for originally.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/2/2010 11:21:12 AM

So if she cheated you would feel that she deserved nothing?

Yes. Well, nothing beyond child support.

BUT since the language was abiguous, she had an opening and went for more, for revenge and greed. See GOLDDIGGER!

Where did you read their pre-nup?
 Pingshooter
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:37:31 PM
Tiger is an azz.
Elin is not a gold digger.
Their kids will have to answer for his stupidity when they are older, by some news media or idiot.

People don't realize the impact something like brings on the entire family.
For Tiger it was for his benefit, there and then..and now he is paying for it.

Whatever they decided upon between them and their lawyers..who I am positive made a nice chunk of change for themselves..means nothing to us. It is what they have decided to be agreeable to..it's between them. It's obvious that Tiger can afford it, so what's the difference?
 Wise_Monk
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one year's salary a Big Settlement
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:42:15 PM

she's a young beautiful woman who will easily be able to find a new partner who will love honor and cherish her, so she'll still have the opportunity to enjoy a long happy relationship.

Ideally, and I hope this happens for her. But, it doesn't always work out that well. Being young, beautiful and/or rich has never been a guaranteeing factor for love or happiness. On the contrary, for many in that position, unfortunately, they've found the opposite.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:56:57 PM
I won't disagree that when a woman marries a guy who's either rich, famous or incredibly hot, it shouldn't come as a complete surprise if/when he strays. That doesn't mean the woman didn't love him and it doesn't mean she wasn't hurt by the infidelity. And when the guy has been linked to at least a dozen mistresses, the desire to squeeze as much money as possible out of him is probably more about revenge than golddigging.

In this particular situation, I don't know if the terms of the original pre-nup and any revised one are public record or merely speculation. Though the fact that she allegedly received more than what had originally been agreed upon could very well be due to reasons that would benefit Tiger. Maybe it covered a certain amount of silence on her end or maybe it compensated for an STD he gave her. Who knows? I'm certainly not going to jump to the conclusion she's a golddigger given Tiger's callous disregard for their marriage.

100 million is obscene in this case.

The guy is worth almost a billion dollars. I don't know what the going rate is in divorce settlements but 10% doesn't sound that bad to me.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/2/2010 2:40:04 PM

It's on Fox news.

"Elin Nordegren Gets $750M"

Now go back and reread that first sentence: it's on Fox news.

Woods can't help himslef, he was born, genetically that way.

It's not like he tripped and his dick fell into a cocktail waitress. You can assert whatever you want about his proclivity for certain behavior, it doesn't mean it wasn't preventable. Hell, he could have paid someone to keep him out of such trouble.
 Walts
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/2/2010 3:23:30 PM

Woods created Woods, the Gods didn't in Woods' mind.

Actually our society created him,,,which includes me, you and them. This topic alone proves it, along with us talking about him, his divorce(which most of us have already done), and his life. And don't worry about the cash he's giving to his ex. It really wasn't his anyways,,,,it was all the hard working stiffs that buy the labelled crap that everyone seems to "need" to wear.

As a whole,,,we're not very bright are we???????
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 3:32:14 PM

Gawd I wish women actually got screwed half as much as men do in divorce court,
Aren't you just the embittered little man...
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 3:48:40 PM

Everything I can find on it says that the money amount is for her to never talk about the divorce or affairs. Hummmm Her getting and keeping the money depends on her keeping her mouth shut.
Anybody want to start a pool on how long before she runs her mouth?
If she does she forfeits the millions!!!
Let me see... a tell all story worth in the hundreds of millions to Elin, or keep her mouth shut and she gets hundreds of millions from Tiger...

I see a win/win situation for that lady...
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 3:53:52 PM

No doubt about that she is getting paid either way. However if she talks Tiger keeps his money.
Plus I have a feeling there is a most likely a clause that he would get money from any profit she makes by talking so now I in for less than a year!!!!
Elin doesn't strike me as stupid so I would find it hard to believe she would have ever signed something such as that...

She wouldn't have to... at the time things were being hashed out, he was desperately trying to regain public popularity and to rake her over the coals would have done more damage to his public image.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/2/2010 4:02:58 PM
Nae doot all the mistresses will be selling their stories to the National Enquirer anyway.

Which one is Nae Doot? Number 22? ;) Any settlement left for her?

Who should an upwardly mobile man marry next? Carly Fiorina or Meg Whitman? Who makes the most/year?

BUT women are by nature vindictive, even most of you ladies know it, even if you won't admit it, so there you go.

And men aren't?... For sake of more accuracy, please stick to using qualifiers such as "some",
"many", "most", "in general", or actually use the term "people" when it isn't just gender bashing...

VV So Elin should be after Warren Buffet next? ;)
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 4:10:47 PM

BUT women are by nature vindictive, even most of you ladies know it, even if you won't admit it, so there you go.
And you seriously deny being embittered?

Here's the crux of this statement, if I say I'm not vindictive, I'm delusional, if I say I am, then you're vindicated... truly sir, you are a work of art...
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 5:06:34 PM

Of course it works both ways, you see women out there in their 50's on their 4th facelift, with skin like an aligator, walking around with some 20 something life guard.
The primary difference is that you don't see those women running around acting all suck ass about how they were used for their money.

And rest assured that if Alin were some waitress rather than the super model that she is/was when Tiger met her, he wouldn't have married her. He has a proven record of that...

BLUEMISS
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 8:55:24 PM
If she was a smart goldigger, she would have stayed with him...hopefully he would kick off and she could have had all his money.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2010 4:46:16 AM

ur just gelous cuz u kant stnad 2 C 2 peepL N luv HATER! g0ldiggers wer like form teh 1880s or sumtin AND THEY WER GUYZ!!!!!!

WTF!?!
When did teenage girls start to comment here?
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2010 8:01:03 AM

You are REALLY in Fantsay world, aren't you? Elin was a failed model and a NANNY and she is s bleached (FAKE) blonde ( is it clear that I don't like bleached blondes. LOL!)
I don't see how she faile, she was earning a good living at it when another opportunity presented itself to her and she took it...

Sounds like sour grapes to me... if you don't like her, that's your choice, but it doesn't change the fact that she was modelling very respectably.
 ispeakthetruth
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/3/2010 10:39:19 AM
Elin deserves every dollar. Tiger's a narcissistic, home-wrecking man whore.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2010 1:26:08 PM

"when another opportunity presented itself"

OH oh, I know I know! Hmmmm, let's see...work for a living, maybe get a gig every now and then(she wasn't any super model or we ALL would have heard her name before she met Tiger) OR marry the guy who REALLY makes the bucks, punch out a couple of puppies and rake him over the coals when he acts the sleeze he was.
Ok, we get that you're angry at women for whatever reason and you're lashing out at the women of discussion in these threads. You've made your point... don't you think it's time now to take a step away from the computer instead of making these ugly displays?

I don't care who you are, no woman deserves to have her marriage raked over the coals in such a public display of disrespect to her and her children.
 daynadaze
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2010 3:22:49 PM
You sure can get a good look at what people really think about other people/genders by reading how they react to two people they've never met, don't know anything about and how much hate is built up inside of them. If you really want to know about someone you might date, read a hot-topic post!
 ispeakthetruth
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/4/2010 6:16:37 AM

You see this is what I don't get, what I'll never get with women.

"Elin deserves every dollar."

WHY? This goes to a basic quandry not only on here, but IRL as well. I get it if a woman marries some guy, who while smart is a nobody, builds a career, maybe she even helps him with it. They are married for 10 or more years, he cheats or he11 they just fall out of love and split. Yes she's entitled to half or some such number as the court decides based on a life together, the sacrifices she made to help him get where he got to go.

That didn't happen here, no matter how much she made his putter stand up, or kissed his balls before each tournament, he was a vastly successful guy, with endorsements BEFORE she ever decided to dig his gold. So considering the change in things, how courts view divorce today, what possible reason would someone have(aside from blackmail) to give her half or $100 million, for which she did not earn a single nickel?

I mean from my POV, there is no fair in this. If Tiger gave her 2 million dollars, her life style would be sooo far above where she was, when she met him, of course that doesn't count CS.

Why??? I gave you the answer...if you had kept my quote in context, I said, " Elin deserves every dollar. Tiger's a narcissistic, home-wrecking man whore." Furthermore no one puts a gun to someone's head and force them to marry another. She bore him a daughter and a son, while he was out shamelessly f*cking two dozen whores. Elin will have to live the rest of her life with this public humiliation and emotional/mental pain brought upon her by Tiger. Their kids someday, when they're old enough will understand what their father did to their mother. Just disgraceful. I'm glad justice was served.

100 million because it's based on the guy's income....it sounds like a helluva lot to us...but these are celebrities, they are accustomed to living in luxury. Those are his kids that he helped brought into the world...he is obligated to support them and ensure them and their mother a comfortable lifestyle as his own.

It sounds like you think dead beat dads are the way to go. There seems to be some resentment on your end...maybe you've been through a divorce yourself and looking at it from your end of things.
 ispeakthetruth
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/4/2010 7:18:41 AM

In sex addiction "rehab" he made a list of 120. Supposedly, it was his denial of 121 that sent Elin to court (a neighbor).
http://bossip.com/243135/get-the-penicillin-tiger-mauled-121-hoes-behind-wifes-back/
What about disease? She has a lot to worry about!

Tiger's the most disgraceful, shameless S.O.B. "athlete" ever lived. He was married for , what...like 3 years to Elin and during their short marriage had sex with 121 females!!! I can't fathom how someone can do screw around like that while being married with babies. He hid this ugliness about him so well from his wife and the media!!! He pulled the wool over all our eyes with this clean spitting image of a stellar athlete and husband. Geez, you can't trust anyone these days, not even your husband. Tiger's a psychopath along with sex addict.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/4/2010 8:25:59 AM

She earned none of it,

She squeezed out a couple of kids after carrying them in her womb for 18 months. How much is that worth? Maybe it's not that she got too much but other women don't get enough.

If she had been the one who cheated, I'd be on board with you *if* it had been a court that determined the settlement but a court didn't decide this, Tiger and Elin did. So whatever he gave her, he wasn't forced to do it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one years salary a Big Settlement