Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > No replys      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 92sc
Msg: 2
No replysPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
You may as well play the lottery. You don't know what state of mind people are in when you send out an e mail.....pmsiing,, tired,,, cranky,, ****y,,,drunk...just laid,,,just fired,,,pregnant....high...aloof......fffn off......unemployed,,,homeless,,,,on speed ,,on crack,,,,whatewver,,,,,
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 3
No replys
Posted: 9/26/2010 5:09:01 AM
Being very honest, the one picture you provide on your profile isn't helping you at all. It almost looks like a mug shot taken from above.

You're 34 and it says the longest relationship you've ever had was under one year long. That's a red flag to alot of women your age.

You can't change the relationship information, but you CAN change the picture situation. Get a nice picture of you smiling and several others showing you in various situations other than sitting in a chair.

Good luck to you.
 softy599
Msg: 5
view profile
History
No replys
Posted: 9/26/2010 11:28:24 AM
So you are 34 but would date an 18 year old? Creepy.

Over all everything you wrote is just boring.

The picture of you makes you look miserable. Can you get one of you smiling because you aren't a bad looking man.
 privat33r
Msg: 6
view profile
History
No replys
Posted: 9/26/2010 8:22:00 PM
Fixing up photos will easily help 10 to 20 times.

Restrictions are always a problem. Best to get rid of all of them. They're a distraction.
 You go first
Msg: 7
No replys
Posted: 9/26/2010 8:32:04 PM
The photo needs to be a SMILING head/shoulders shot, preferably outdoors. Many varied photos in a gallery help give a good idea of what you look like - women are visual, too.

The profile could use more of your personality. For example:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am 34 years old. We know, it says in your stats.

I like watching football and TV and playing video games and using my computer,and watching DVD's. This is 5 different ideas. Who is your favourite football team? What is one or two of your favourite TV shows? Drop the Video game reference for now and the 'using my computer'. If you enjoy searching the web to learn new things, you could phrase it like that. I saw one guy who said he had "Wikipeditis" - an addiction to reading things on Wikipedia! I thought that was pretty clever.

I like all sorts of music from chart music to heavy metal. What music do you dance to? Sing along to? Go to concerts to see? Any local places you can go to hear live music?

The only goal in my life is to find love, someone who is bubbly and funny who likes to cuddle up with me on the sofa.I am also a bit shy who likes to stay in. This makes it sound like you're obsessing over meeting someone, ANYONE. Instead, perhaps you could say, "The lady I am hoping to meet is ..... " This should be your closing paragraph.

I am genuine, caring, loyal, kind, honest, loving and romantic and funny. Funny? where? What makes you laugh?

Family is also very important to me especially my nephews. Do you get to see them often? Do you want to have kids some day? Are you open to meeting a lady who may already have a child(ren) of her own?

Anything else you want to know get in touch. They know the drill, delete this line.
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 11
view profile
History
No replys
Posted: 10/3/2010 3:42:53 AM

I have but no one is replying to me.

This is probably because your profile is still dull. It doesn't look any different than it was the last time people gave advice. Everyone says get better pics but they're still the same. Others have advised you to spruce up your profile and inject some life into it but it hasn't changed.
 pasmal
Msg: 13
No replys
Posted: 10/3/2010 4:17:41 AM
Don't use your name, title of "Looking for Mrs. Right" is nonsense--you mean Miss Right, but that sounds too desperate. Get a date prior to all that.Break up text lump, put 3 paragraphs--you, interests, her. Pics have to be in better lighting with a smile, dressed nicely--you need to stand out, from all the others.
About Me
I am also a bit shy who likes to stay in<--everybody says that.
I am a genuine, caring, loyal, kind, honest, loving and romantic and funny.<--talk about your job.
Family is also very important to me especially my nephews,but I only get to see them once or twice a year as they live in Devon.I am open to having children some day and I am open to meeting someone who has children.
I like watching football and TV and watching DVD's.My favourite team is Liverpool.And some of my favourite TV shows are Only Fools and Horses,One Foot In The Grave,Family Guy, Fawlty Towers and Alan Partridge.I like all sorts of music from chart music to heavy metal.Some of my favourite bands are Bon Jovi,Nickelback,Linkin Park,Guns N Roses,Aerosmith,Eminem and Limp Bizkit.
The lady I am hoping to meet is bubbly and funny <--and?
who like to cuddle up on the sofa with me.<--this is too much like you'll hump anything female--not gonna work. She needs to feel you're picking her for her unique qualities--so in msgs--mention something you noticed about her interests.
 timw03878
Msg: 14
No replys
Posted: 10/4/2010 2:53:16 AM
Welcome to POF.
Home of the pickiest women on the planet.
 You go first
Msg: 15
No replys
Posted: 10/4/2010 7:33:06 AM
^^ Yup. Because every guys is PERFECT for me just like EVERY girl here is PERFECT for you, so what's the problem!? Grow up, put on your big boy underpants.

Kevin, I get the sense you are a simple guy. By that I mean socially awkward yet sincere in finding someone. On the internet, we don't get to see your personality except for what you put out there. Your photos show you as standoffish, arms folded, no smile. Give the camera to a friend and fake a big cheesy smile - we won't know the difference, I promise.

Your Interests field needs to include a couple of your favourite music groups and TV shows. Don't forget capitalization where appropriate.

In these days of slow economy, you're working which is a 'plus' over some of the other guys here. Why not start out with a line about what you enjoy most about your work? Helping out the customers? Chatting with people all day? A regular paycheque!?

Women are attracted to confidence (not c0ckiness), positive attitude, humour and details. Try to give a bit more description in some of the activities.
 Chaps2218
Msg: 16
No replys
Posted: 10/4/2010 8:10:06 AM
New, better pictures. Put "looking for a relationship" (even if you aren't). You don't look like "A few extra pounds", so if you aren't, then put down average.

Also, get a car.

Also, change your age range, don't put down 18 - 35, maybe make it 25-35.
 softy63
Msg: 17
No replys
Posted: 10/4/2010 5:25:18 PM
Agreed about the age range. My daughters are 18 and if some 34 year old bloke goes anywhere near them I'll rip their balls off. (Figuratively speaking) lol

Also, agreed about the photos. Get some happy ones and some outside ones.
What do you do for fun? What do you do other than shy away watching dvd's and listening to heavy metal? Sorry, but that really doesn't sound very appealing.

Put some spark in your profile. All the best.
 You go first
Msg: 19
No replys
Posted: 10/5/2010 7:15:30 AM
We won't know if you look "wierd" in your picture because we don't know you. YOU may feel 'wierd' smiling in a picture - do you smile in real life? Then eventually she's going to see it and then it's too late. Suck it up, put on the big boy underpants and get a frickin' smiling picture. How many different ways do we have to tell you?
 AU55
Msg: 20
No replys
Posted: 10/5/2010 7:57:42 AM
Go outside in the light or in a room that has good lighting and think of funny things and smile! At least give it a shot, if you can't or won't then I don't think there's much else left to say. The picture you have right now is not welcoming.
 softy63
Msg: 21
No replys
Posted: 10/5/2010 2:01:08 PM
OP, I noticed you changed the age thing and removed your other photos. Thats a good start.
You say you're funny but don't like smiling and your intent says "nothing serious" and yet you're looking for Long Term. Hmmmm, doesn't make sence.

Keep working on your profile and keep us posted.
 AnotherPinHead
Msg: 23
No replys
Posted: 10/8/2010 7:26:27 AM
Two words instantly popped up after reading the OP's profile: Coach Potato.

In my experience those are not two words you want anywhere near you while searching for love. Better to leave those sedentary activities as after thoughts and put some stuff that shows you in better, more active light up front.

And yes, the pictures still stink. Smile! Everyone looks better when they smile - Everyone!
 AnotherPinHead
Msg: 25
No replys
Posted: 10/8/2010 7:44:40 AM
Well if that's who you are then I guess you'll need to have a little more patience in your search then since your pool is probably going to be smaller than average. I'd leave the profile alone (except for adding more pictures showing your pearly whites!) and concentrate on reading lots of profiles and initiating all the contacts with potential matches. Good luck!

Edit - after re-reading it sounds like you actually said you don't look better with a smile. I mistook your reply to mean you weren't a very active person. Either way the reply stands. Put up a smiler and see what your target audience has to say. And if you actually are active then show it! If you're waiting for someone else to provide the actual words to insert in your profile then my original impression was spot on, and you actually are lazy. Not good my man. Not good.
 softy63
Msg: 26
No replys
Posted: 10/8/2010 2:19:39 PM
I like watching football and TV and watching DVD's.
My favourite team is Liverpool.And some of my favourite TV shows are Only Fools and Horses,One Foot In The Grave,Family Guy, Fawlty Towers and Alan Partridge.I like all sorts of music from chart music to heavy metal.Some of my favourite bands are Bon Jovi,Nickelback,Linkin Park,Guns N Roses,Aerosmith,Eminem and Limp Bizkit.

I am also a bit shy who likes to stay in.I am a genuine, caring, loyal, kind, honest, loving and romantic and funny.Family is also very important to me especially my nephews,but I only get to see them once or twice a year as they live in Devon.I am open to having children some day and I am open to meeting someone who has children.
The lady I am hoping to meet is bubbly and funny and smart who likes cuddles on the sofa.

YOUR PFOFILE above.

Okay OP, although at your age you shouldn't need to be spoon fed but if you are as painfully shy and insecure as you say you are allow me to suggest the following wording:

START:
I am a genuine, caring, loyal, kind, honest, loving and romantic and funny.Family is also very important to me especially my nephews,

...who I see as much as I can.

I am open to having children some day and I am open to meeting someone who has children

In my spare time........

I like watching football and TV and watching DVD's.

I like all sorts of music including Eminem.......etc etc
I like to go out for a social drink and meeting new people as I get to meet all sorts of people in my work as a retail assistant.

The lady I am hoping to meet is bubbly and funny and smart who likes cuddles on the sofa

END.

As you can see, I've combined your words with a few of my own. Now its up to you to work on your pics becasue as someone said......we don't know if you look wierd smiling....and its only your opinion.
Do you smile at customers? Do you smile at your nephews?
Good luck to you.
 Lion_of_Ireland
Msg: 28
No replys
Posted: 2/16/2011 8:43:13 AM
Pictures are 80% of a profile on a online dating site. You only have two and they blow. Until you fix that there isn't much point in putting to much effort into it. You need 10-15 good pictures,,,good ones!

Headlines only matter of they are bad.......yours is bad. Consider something else.

I am a genuine,caring,loyal,kind,honest,loving,romantic and funny person.I also can be a bit shy untill I get to know someone better.Family is also very important to me especially my nephews,who I see as much as I can.I am open to having children some day and I am open to meeting someone who has children.

Your opening few lines are the second most important part of your page, Yours is not so good. Try, not, to, lump, every, adjective, you, can, think, of, into, one, sentence. Dont say you are blah blah blah blah~~~~~~~~~~Show it!

Shy guys do not have good luck online. And I doubt you are a 'bit' shy...sort of like being a bit 'pregnant' You either are or arn't. When you are online you do not have to be a shy guy........just be yourself and let the person you want to meet decide for themselves.

Your opening few lines are important.....what makes you ----------->You? You start of with a strand of descriptions that fit 99% of the population on this planet and really do not say anything about you. Consider reworking that a bit or a lot. The first thing a person reads about you should be about you-----not a long list of words.

In my spare time I like watching football and TV, watching DVD's,different kinds of music and days out to museums and going to London and Devon but also like to cuddle up on the sofa.My favourite team is Liverpool.The lady I am hoping to meet is bubbly and funny who has similar interests as me.

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn.

Cuddle up on the couch? Good grief! Cuddling is the kind crap women put on there pages. When men put it on there page it sounds ridiculous. Stand in front of the mirror and say 'I like cuddling' 5 times for proof of how ridiculous we sound as men when we say that. Nothing wrong with liking to c_ddle , but that is something we should be keeping to ourselves. Lets get past the first date and maybe a chicken dinner before we are at home c_uddling on the couch.

First Date

[quote would take her out for a meal and get to know each other better and then do something fun and go for a walk on the beach.Buy her some flowers and chocolates.

Good grief. Please delete this,,,,quickly! A walk on the beach and flowers and chocolates. How about just a meet and greet or tea?

Mail Settings. To message kevinmaloney you MUST meet the following criteria:Female
Age between 25 and 37
Live in United Kingdom
Live within 75 miles.
You must have a picture to contact this user.
Must not do drugs
Must not be married

Ditch all of these. If you are getting slammed by 37+ year old females who are not within 75 miles, who do not have a picture are rabid drug users and are still married......just delete them.
 cmwoell
Msg: 29
No replys
Posted: 3/3/2011 6:46:51 PM
don't take advice from these people. they are simply miserable people under the guise of someone whose intentions are helpful but in reality are just sub-conciously releasing their inner misery.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > No replys