Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Ideal Protein      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _Icon_
Msg: 1
Ideal ProteinPage 1 of 1    
A friend of mine just lost 50 pounds doing Ideal Protein. He is exactly 6 feet tall and went from 225 to 175. (He's a little too skinny atm, but I think he plans to put a few pounds back on.)

I was just curious if any of you had any experiences with Ideal Protein? I like that fact that it re-sets the pancreas to regulate insulin levels. It's all about the blood sugar and it's quite strict in the beginning.

Phase One is all about no sugar, no artifical sweeteners and you must avoid certain carbs.

There are 4 phases, each one moving you along to include more variety of foods.

Anyone have any experience to share?
 arwen52
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Ideal Protein
Posted: 10/12/2010 5:04:32 PM
This sounds like an ad for a product. Where's the moderator?
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 3
Ideal Protein
Posted: 10/12/2010 6:30:42 PM
I agree with Willy's post. I accomplished the same thing by eating ideal foods and setting my caloric intake- strictly for 6-8 weeks, then broadening my diet a bit while still maintaining the caloric intake--while working out to build muscle; cardio, etc. A whole foods based diet-- you don't need the specialized products.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 4
Ideal Protein
Posted: 10/12/2010 6:45:56 PM
...There are 4 phases, each one moving you along to include more variety of foods.

So what is phase 5, phase 6/ etc...?

Anyone have any experience to share?

Yep.

Maintaining a healthy weight is not a destination, it is a journey.

So rushing anything or doing something other than healthy a balance diet is just wasting your time and is actually setting you back, and not getting you ahead.

Think of your body weight like a rock on the slope of a hill. (this hill has no top and gets exponentially steeper as you go up. The higher you go the less you weigh)

If you do nothing that rock will roll down the hill and you will gain weight.

If you are able to hold that rock in one place you will maintain that weight.

A diet or shortcut is like having a helper push that rock up the hill to a higher level, but the problem is these diets and helpers either loose their power or are not something that you can do forever, then that rock starts rolling back down the hill and now it is even harder to hold up because it was not all you doing the work before and then you must start again.

So knowing that all you have to do is find out how much effort you need to put forth to find your right weight.

One problem though, what is your target weight?

You may think you know, but only your body knows.

So goals based on X weight or X bf% are useless and dangerous.

Use common sense and just eat a healthy balanced diet and your body will take care of its self.
 _Icon_
Msg: 5
Ideal Protein
Posted: 10/12/2010 7:06:19 PM
Honestly, weight loss is secondary to regulating blood sugar.

My food is generally clean, that's pretty easy for me. I enjoy eating wholesome food and that's never been terribly difficult for me. I love my veggies.

However, it seems I have a serious addiction to sugar. I am like an alcoholic in the sense that a little bit is too much and a whole lot is never enough.

Processed foods create a condition that releases a certain acid that stores itself in fat molecules. If the pancreas/liver/filter organs can rest long enough to process those acids, they are released into the blood stream where the body can dispose of them. This resting period is phase 1 I guess.

I'm really interested in knowing if anyone has tried this method and if they could tell me anything about how it affected their blood sugar levels and sugar cravings.
 smartypants24
Msg: 6
Ideal Protein
Posted: 10/13/2010 2:11:33 PM
I have no experience with the program you're looking at, but I can offer a piece of alternate advice...

Do you take a probiotic supplement? I used to have huge problems with sugar addiction too, and while I still have a sweet tooth I don't find myself gorging or feeling like I NEED something sweet to get by - ever since I added a probiotic to my supplement regime.

If your digestive flora are out of whack, having too much yeast/Candida in your system can actually MAKE your body crave sugar, to feed the yeasts and keep the problem going.

Check out this site, among others

http://www.holistichelp.net/candida.html

I'm not advocating the sales aspect of the site in any way, but there's some decent info there to start any research you may want to do.
 _Icon_
Msg: 7
Ideal Protein
Posted: 10/13/2010 8:54:49 PM
That sounds like its worth a little research. Never considered yeast, it's never been something I was aware might be affecting me.

Sugar detox is horrible. Headaches, mood swings and all this time, I've been making it worse with artificial sweeteners. I just read the label on my yogurt, it's got aspartame in it. I think I'd rather give up yogurt. I'm not going to go broke buying organic dairy when I can just skip it. I don't need that much dairy anyway. It's worth it to eliminate that sweetener habit, even if the label doesn't count it as sugar, apparently my body does.

I'll do some reading, thanks.
 Belle Requin
Msg: 8
Ideal Protein
Posted: 10/14/2010 8:58:19 PM
I did an anticandida 'diet' for a while, and it helped the sugar cravings. As I'm also prone to insulin resistance, it helped that.

I have found xylitol to be a huge help though- I have a pumpkin custard in the oven, and a lemon one waiting to go in, that are made with xylitol. It's a sugar alcohol made from birch bark or corn cobs, but does not spike insulin, and I've found it doesn't feed yeast. However, it bakes and cooks just like sugar- 1:1 ratio, whips butter- but doesn't make toffee/hard candy...
 arwen52
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Ideal Protein
Posted: 10/20/2010 10:10:17 PM

you don't need the specialized products.

Amen.

Honestly, weight loss is secondary to regulating blood sugar.

There are plenty of good sources of protein available. What makes you think you need some special product. It's a racket.

Processed foods create a condition that releases a certain acid that stores itself in fat molecules. If the pancreas/liver/filter organs can rest long enough to process those acids, they are released into the blood stream where the body can dispose of them. This resting period is phase 1 I guess.

Exactly what processed foods are you talking about? What acid? What makes you think this special product will make you get rid of this dreadful acid that's resting in your fat cells? Exactly what evidence do you have to support these statements?

Why not just get good sources of lean protein, eat whole foods, avoid processed foods? Wouldn't that be easier, cheaper, and healthier? Isn't that what we were designed to do anyway?

I've yet to find one of these products that doesn't look like a bunch of hype. They play on people's desire for an easy fix. Eat your veggies, avoid processed foods. If you are craving sugar, eat some lean protein and wait a little while. Everything in moderation. Drink plenty of water and get some exercise. Do that and your weight and blood sugar will probably stay around where they should be.
 _Icon_
Msg: 10
Ideal Protein
Posted: 10/21/2010 12:04:03 AM
Forgot about this thread.

My body's reaction has lead me to a low GI diet.

Still figuring it out.

Blood sugar is REALLY good. Even after eating.

5 meals a day, 10g of carb each meal.

Too soon to tell.

The bad news...no watermelon.

The good news...yes avocado.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 11
Ideal Protein
Posted: 10/29/2010 12:16:34 PM
Anyone that tells you NO watermelon..

a natural food, full of water should be knee capped.
 _Icon_
Msg: 12
Ideal Protein
Posted: 10/29/2010 12:29:52 PM
Too much sugar, Peps.
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 13
Ideal Protein
Posted: 11/3/2010 11:53:49 AM
^^^ It's natural sugar, not processed, you don't get fat from eating fruits..

Anyone that tells you NO watermelon..

a natural food, full of water should be knee capped.

This is correct, the disinformation out there is brutal. You really have to rely on common sense. There are people that will actually tell you that apples are bad for you, they should sell what they are smoking, it will make them more money than promoting diets.

A lot of diets work short term, but they don't all work long term, it's a lifestyle that makes that happen.
 _Icon_
Msg: 14
Ideal Protein
Posted: 11/3/2010 4:01:42 PM
It's natural sugar, not processed, you don't get fat from eating fruits

Not talking about fat, talking about blood sugar.

I was just curious if any of you had any experiences with Ideal Protein? I like that fact that it re-sets the pancreas to regulate insulin levels. It's all about the blood sugar and it's quite strict in the beginning.

I'm trying to regulate blood sugar to give my pancreas and kidneys a chance to grow old. I WISH it was simply losing fat, that's a whole lot easier to figure out.

If I don't keep my blood sugar in the normal range, it will eventually KILL ME.

Update is: I've been in the high end of normal since July when I discovered the problem.
I have regular spikes after meals that shoot out of normal but then subside within an hour.
My doctor says I'm doing pretty well, but we'd like to eliminate or control those spikes.
I don't really like my doctor, but I have the suckiest insurance in the world ever so I'm stuck there.
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 15
Ideal Protein
Posted: 11/4/2010 6:47:36 AM
It sounds similar to diabetic symptoms. Here is the info I have on this, you should always go by what your count is, as it might affect different people in different ways:

Watermelon and diabetes are possible only if the watermelon is eaten in moderation. Diabetic people usually self manage their blood glucose levels by monitoring their own carbohydrate intake, for example, by counting the grams of carbohydrate in a particular fruit.

Glycaemic index is the food classification according to how quickly a particular carbohydrate raises the blood glucose levels (or how quickly the carbohydrate turns into sugar). The higher the glycaemic index number, the greater the blood sugar response. Foods with a glycaemic index of 70 or more are said to be ‘high’; glycaemic index of between 55 and 70 are ‘moderate’ and a glycaemic index of less than 55 are said to be ‘low’.

However, a better indication of how quickly the effect of a standard portion of the food (for example, watermelon) raises your blood glucose is the glycemic load. In addition, the glycaemic load is the amount of the carbohydrate food multiplied by that food’s glycemic index. The glycaemic load of a food of more than 20 is said to be ‘high’; between 11 and 19 is ‘moderate’ and if it is 10 or less then it is considered low. Generally, you should try and aim to keep your glycaemic load to below 15.

Watermelon has a high glycaemic index, but the glycemic load per food serving (size of 120g) is only 4, which is relatively low. So unless you intend to eat lots of the watermelon at a particular time, it will not have a big impact on your blood glucose levels. However, due to watermelon being high in sugar, you should still limit the quantity you intend to eat.

If you are a lover of watermelons then remember to monitor your blood sugar levels after eating it, so that you can monitor its affects. If after eating the watermelon, it raises your blood sugar, limit the amount of watermelon you eat next time. Also, you could combine the watermelon with a protein or fat, as this will reduce the speed of sugar absorption.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Ideal Protein