Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Smashed Potatoes with Olives - Easy and Deliscious      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 arwen52
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Smashed Potatoes with Olives - Easy and DelisciousPage 1 of 1    
This recipe came from Pedaling Through Provence. I just made some and while sitting here and eating it, I just had to share it. It's really easy.

Cut up some potatoes in chunks and boil in salted water til soft. Drain. Put then into a large bowl and smash then with a wire whisk. Drizzle some virgin olive oil over them, stir in some chopped calamata olives. Enjoy. This is delicious!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Smashed Potatoes with Olives - Easy and Deliscious
Posted: 10/16/2010 5:03:55 PM
this does sound interesting ... I LOVE potatoes ... most any kind!

only ... sadly ... I don't know what calamata olives ARE ...

anyone?

smartypants24
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/16/2010 5:54:34 PM
I didn't know either...I thought it was another name for the black ones, then I searched:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-kalamata-olives.htm
 DriftingInTheWishingWell
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/17/2010 7:39:03 AM
I had dinner in Whole Foods last night, what a change that was from the run of the mill choices, aside from the dazzling array of organic/naturally prepared dishes on hand, they had an olive bar! I was SO impressed! I will have to go back and get some olives next time. I bet there were 2 dozen different kinds.
 arwen52
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2010 4:34:40 PM
Calamata olives - also spelled kalamata - are a black Greek olive. They are more intense than the Spanish black olives you get in a can. We have them at my grocery. I suppose one could try it with some other olives, though it would obviously be different. For this recipe, calamata would be the best.

I live near an Italian neighborhood and it's easy to get a variety of olives, even in the regular grocery store. But yes, Whole Foods has them and if your local grocery doesn't, if you've got an Italian, Greek, or any sort of Middle Eastern store available, they will probably have them.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/17/2010 7:40:21 PM
I loveeeeeeeeee Kalamata olives! I'm going to try them with the potatoes!!! Sounds scrumptious..........thanks for sharing!
 roseann1960
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2012 2:37:10 PM
How about Garlic mash potatoes
 DoubleParked
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/13/2012 10:58:56 AM
I happened upon a similar combo a few years back. had a few regular pimento-stuffed Spanish olives floating around in the bottle, so to use them up I sliced them and put them on top of some mashed potatoes I had just whipped up. Surprisingly delicious<
 MsMicki
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 8:32:14 PM
Now that sounds tasty Tommy!!
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Smashed Potatoes with Olives - Easy and Deliscious