Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > keywords      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 frienddougie
Msg: 1
keywordsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
This is a question for both the men and ladies. When you can actually tear yourselves away from the forums and read the profile or two of the opposite sex, or same sex if that is your preference, what is it that's written in that profile that immediately tells you that you're not interested?

For me it is two words: travel and renovations. I don't mind visiting other places, but I hate all the hassle involved getting there and coming back home. And renovations--been there and done that on a grand scale.

Don't take this as anything but tongue-placed-firmly-in-cheek.
 arwen52
Msg: 2
view profile
History
keywords
Posted: 10/24/2010 7:04:22 PM
Golf
Motorcycle
Accountant
LOL
"I'm _____ but look and act 10 years younger."
"No drama. No game players. No liars. No cheats." etc. (Being as I am all for that so if they aren't, I might as well pass them by."
 06mc69
Msg: 3
keywords
Posted: 10/24/2010 9:53:27 PM
As much as I am into keeping fit, anyone who goes to the gym or works out everyday, no go. Usually these gym rats are wanting someone that will be as buff as they are, and will find every little flaw you have, and complain about it. I love a confident man, but I hate someone who is stuck on themselves.

Motorcycles/Harleys- am not a bikers chick.

There is more, just cant think of them right now.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 4
keywords
Posted: 10/24/2010 10:05:31 PM
drama
beaches
soulmate
not long out of ltr
my kids are my world
ad
talking about their pet ( with courtesy pics)
get me off of here
pick me
i'm sure there's more

...hit me up
 daynadaze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
keywords
Posted: 10/24/2010 10:07:29 PM
hiking
biking
gym
look and act younger than his age
underage children
God
dogs
bigoted/prejudice
conservative (hardcore)
religion
thinks women have done him wrong
hates cats/mean to animals
muscle bound, has shirt off showing abs, etc.
soulmate
 RushLuv
Msg: 6
keywords
Posted: 10/24/2010 10:09:57 PM
This topic has been done in other forums, and each thread was hilarious. I enjoyed them, and had a good laugh.

The one thing I've come to found out about POF, is that a good majority of profiles are all the same. I have yet to read one single profile where a man doesn't mention anything about games, drama, down to earth, laid back, I don't know what to write here, my friends told me about this site, love to laugh, I'm smart, my friends say I'm this and that, if you want to know anything else about me just ask, I'm a real man, looking for my queen, my kids are my everything/come first, etc.

I also skipped profiles with, "Tell you later" or "Ask me" typed in the profession box. God fearing man (more than likely a religious zealot.)

And also...pffttt...this one of course..."I'm looking for friends" or "I would like to start off as friends first."

Epic fail.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 7
keywords
Posted: 10/24/2010 10:13:46 PM
^^^ Sample profile:
Profession: ask me later
Wants kids: rather not say
has kids: rather not say

body of profile: I'm very open
 sweetest
Msg: 8
view profile
History
keywords
Posted: 10/25/2010 2:34:09 AM
"Separated"
"Married"
"Other"
"I like to 'cuddle" or "Cuddling on the couch" as an activity
"Hey Ladies", "Hi Ladies" or some variation...instant out of there...
"My kids are my world or my kids mean the world to me"
"I'm a SWM" or similar classification that's tediously - redundant
"No games"
"Nascar"
"motorcycle"
"Friends tell me I look younger than my years"
"Graduate Degree" quite often checked inappropriately
"peek" your interest
"Ask me" or "I'll tell you later"
 Butterfly~Effect
Msg: 9
keywords
Posted: 10/25/2010 8:25:54 AM
Like Rushluv said... "friends first". Give me a break This is one of the biggest bull lines on the net.

Other lines include:
-looking for a good, honest woman (indicates he has had experiance with the the opposite and is probably a bitter person)
-My kids are my life (duhhhhhhhhhhhh...they should be. But you just stated that the little munchkins probably RULE your life).
- no games, drama players (again bitter)
- Anything with highway, motorcycles, likes to take off unexpectantly (speaks for itself and can't work out problems one on one...more than likely takes off with no notice every time life gets a little difficult)
-I love my dog (he watches me have sex)
- Anything to do with the ex
- I'm really ____ age but I'm told I look younger (yes by your pathetic friends who are sick of you being the third wheel on dates...and are encouraging you to find your own source of entertainment. OR....your mother)
-I've been single for X amount of MONTHS....and ready to settle down (um...no your not...especially after a long term previous relationship).
 frienddougie
Msg: 10
keywords
Posted: 10/25/2010 2:32:20 PM
So what the ladies don't like about the men's profiles--especially "friends first"--is what I see written in different women's profiles as well.

Well, at least my profle already excludes the "no drama, no games" and "laid back" lines. Good on me.

I'm really ____ age but I'm told I look younger

My few friends never stroke my ego and tell me I'm old without hesitation.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 11
keywords
Posted: 10/25/2010 3:19:07 PM

My few friends never stroke my ego and tell me I'm old without hesitation.

GLAD you mentioned this OP. Don't use this in your profile- ya don't want to say you're old.
Addendum to key works:

old
stroke- lol
even key stroke -ha!
ego
few friends

clockwork lime
Msg: 12
keywords
Posted: 10/25/2010 3:47:41 PM
"Dance like no one is watching" ughhhhh. Women should forever be banned from uttering this phrase.
"Save a horse, ride a cowboy" this was popular with the local redneck ladies up until recently.
"If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" Unfrickingbelieveable. This is something that 15 year old myspace princesses use, yet some ladies in their 40's had this on their profiles (an advertisement for drama I guess).
"Live, love, and laugh" I need not say any more.

Thank the Lord that I no longer have to look at profiles. Humans have proven themselves to be dullards.
 jed456
Msg: 13
view profile
History
keywords
Posted: 10/25/2010 4:08:29 PM
Jesus is first in my life.I run from bible thumpers.
Glen beck is my hero or I only watch fox news.No thank you.
My children come first.Since I have no interest in dating someone with young children thats a big red flag.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 14
keywords
Posted: 10/25/2010 5:20:05 PM
Send a pic if requested.
There are many reasons peeps don't post pics.
None of them good ones.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 15
keywords
Posted: 10/25/2010 5:42:33 PM
Just about every one that is written above! I completely agree.
EXCEPT someone said "beach" was a negative keyword to them,
and it's not to me because I'm moving TO Myrtle Beach and WANT beach.
Of course that move is showing me I've got a problem... lol...
motorcycles and golf are 2 negative keywords for me and it's their LOVE down there!
If he's got a motorcycle.. fine by me.
If he loves to golf.. fine by me.
I'm sure I love to do some things he'd not find all that thrilling.
Why oh why do people think you have to love what they love and do what they do?
Are there guys out there that want to sit do crafts with me?
I believe in "things you like" "things I like" and "things we like together".

I second that "cuddle on couch" thing.. just turns my stomach to read that!
Be a man and just come on out with it.. say "sex".
 frienddougie
Msg: 16
keywords
Posted: 10/25/2010 6:14:14 PM
One to add-on is successful. Everyone has a different idea of what success is. If it's in the career or financially, not everyone is that kind of successful.

EXCEPT someone said "beach" was a negative keyword to them

Might have been a typo?
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 17
keywords
Posted: 10/25/2010 6:43:07 PM
^^^^ no typo, OP.

I was referring to the men ( and women?) who state:

love taking long walks on beaches ( esp. when they live in the midwest, for example...)
one of their interests is the beach
they mention the beach again in their profile...

but hey, this doubles as another key word
 BLUEMISS
Msg: 18
view profile
History
keywords
Posted: 10/25/2010 6:59:02 PM
Most of the keywords mentioned make me want to hurl.
I have a comment about ....I look younger than my age.

I was asked by a man I worked with how old I was. I asked him," How old do you think I am?"
He answered 62, and was serious.
I just got put in my place!I laughed and told him I was going home now because he depressed me.Geez, I hate to think what he would think when I actually am 62.lol
 frienddougie
Msg: 19
keywords
Posted: 10/25/2010 7:57:31 PM

I was asked by a man I worked with how old I was. I asked him," How old do you think I am?"

Not the brightest bulb in the box, was he? Only an idiot would ask or answer such a question. I have the good sense of knowing when to keep my mouth shut.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 20
keywords
Posted: 10/26/2010 4:35:15 AM
Words/phrases that make my interest wane:

LOL-- LOL is already overused enough in response to other people's words but it's painful to me when people write it in response to their own words.

Motorcycle-- I'm not opposed to bikes-I know how fun they can be- but if they're someone's typical mode of transportation, I'm not interested.

Drama-- If a guy has had such a problem with drama that he mentions it in his profile, he's probably responsible for the drama and doesn't even realize it.

Handsome-- When a guy states that he's handsome (or at least, his friends think so), it actually makes him less attractive. Frankly, I find most self-promoting adjectives unappealing and uninformative and therefore, unnecessary.

"Healthy lifestyle" and/or "Must take good care of herself"-- I assume he wants someone who maintains a macrobiotic diet and spends a couple of hours in the gym every single day. I'm not going to bother to inquire what exactly he means by those ambiguous phrases so I'll just weed myself out.

Anything misspelled-- If a guy can't spell and/or can't be bothered to run his profile through a spell-check, it's very unappealing to me... especially if he states he's a college grad.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 21
view profile
History
keywords
Posted: 10/26/2010 4:58:59 AM

what is it that's written in that profile that immediately tells you that you're not interested?
This is gonna be a long one... lol...

If anywhere in his profile sex is stated. We're all adults and that's part of a romantic adult relationship, to state it is both superfluous and crass.

If anywhere on the profile that he's looking for someone fun and open-minded. Seriously? Is that the best you could come up with so that you aren't mentioning what you really want which is sex?

If anywhere he mentions that he's looking for a 'cute gal'. Seriously again? I stopped being 'cute' at around the age of eighteen as well as most women I know. Slightly better would be to mention that they're looking for someone they find attractive, though if that's all that's mentioned, it will also have me clicking off that superficial profile.

If the profile is written in a negative manner. I really don't want to hear about your crappy life - bad things have happened to all of us, deal.

If he lists his assets on his profile. I don't think this needs explanation does it?

Any kind of gang slang or text speak. I speak English as found in the Oxford dictionary.

Age limits that would allow my daughter to email him, while excluding me. I think this is obvious, especially if he's in my age group.

Just ask. Well, clicking on the profile is essentially an 'asking' of sorts. If you cannot pique my interest from this point, I'm not exactly interested in asking a second time.

I'm sure there are many more things that have me clicking on to another profile, but those are the top ones...
 HORSEFLY1234
Msg: 22
keywords
Posted: 10/26/2010 11:04:22 AM

Most of the keywords mentioned make me want to hurl.
I have a comment about ....I look younger than my age.

He answered 62, and was serious.
I just got put in my place!I laughed and told him I was going home now because he depressed me.Geez, I hate to think what he would think when I actually am 62.lol
You don't look a day over 55! (Drinkin' like you do will age you though...)
 BLUEMISS
Msg: 23
view profile
History
keywords
Posted: 10/26/2010 4:19:57 PM
^^^^^^Come on, not fare!Post a picture so I can see if you look your age!

Drinking...Just one of life's evil pleasures :devil
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 24
keywords
Posted: 10/27/2010 3:17:30 PM
OJ was innocent.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 25
keywords
Posted: 10/27/2010 4:09:16 PM

For me it is two words: travel and renovations. I don't mind visiting other places, but I hate all the hassle involved getting there and coming back home. And renovations--been there and done that on a grand scale.

Yup! it is what it is & depending how far along one is, from their past relationships & ones age.

It's like listening to self help books,therapists,advice from friends,sound like Nancy Grace, etc .
Oh well.I understand,been there,done that at one time,but now,
if one could say they are emotional available, it would be a nice start to me to.
It is said there is 10% that are, so hang in there op.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > keywords